[SOLUTION FOUND] How to use custom ringtone on sms from a contact

Search This thread

st_jimmy_0

May 11, 2022
Hello guys,

new here.

I get in trouble trying to make what in subject.. did anyone ever do it with Samsung A3 2017?

Thank you!!
Cheers

st_jimmy_0

st_jimmy_0

May 11, 2022
Hello again,

for "custom" I mean using an mp3 or wav file, so an audio file not present by default on the phone..
For calls this function is provided, it a pity it s not for sms.. but hopefully you know how to do that!

Thanks in advance

st_jimmy_0

May 11, 2022
Dear @dalepl, here we are

I tried link you suggested but nothing: link explains how to customize ringtone for sms based on sender and that is perfect, but what I also need is to use a custom mp3 or wav file for that

Do you know how to make it?
Thanks in advance

That s great, but which folder do you mean?
I am using a Samsung S22 Ultra with Android 12. If I use MY Files (must have SHOW HIDDEN SYSTEM FILES turned on), I have a NOTIFICATIONS folder on the root of the internal storage. That is the folder my custom .mp3 files are located. When I choose notification sounds, those files show under the Custom header.

Reactions: st_jimmy_0

st_jimmy_0

May 11, 2022
I am using a Samsung S22 Ultra with Android 12. If I use MY Files (must have SHOW HIDDEN SYSTEM FILES turned on), I have a NOTIFICATIONS folder on the root of the internal storage. That is the folder my custom .mp3 files are located. When I choose notification sounds, those files show under the Custom header.
Thank you so much, that did the trick!
no custom header present, but after i copied mp3 file in Notifications folder mp3 file title is visible among the list of builtin notification ringtones! So just selected it and it s done

Thank again!

Thank you so much, that did the trick!
no custom header present, but after i copied mp3 file in Notifications folder mp3 file title is visible among the list of builtin notification ringtones! So just selected it and it s done

Thank again!
Your welcome. You would be surprised what you can do with the stock phone when you dig far enough in.

Reactions: st_jimmy_0

Top Liked Posts