• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Solution found: Unbricking tha Prophet (it doesn't even have to be able to boot)

Search This thread

ardealul

Mar 26, 2006
this should be stickied !!!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND ONLY IF YOUR PROPHET IS ALREADY BRICKED !!! (I recovered my Prophet, so for me it worked :D - me happy little bunny)

After many hours of digging on this site, i have found a way to unbrick my G3 Prophet (i'm guessing that this could also be slightly modified to work for G4 - change ipl & spl .nbf files with the appropriate ones, maybe ?! )

Everything said here is also somewhere on this site (but not necessarily on the Prophet section, although most is), so i'm not bringing anything new. I'm just putting it all in one place.

After flashing the IPL from Wizard on my Prophet, it obviously didn't even enter boot mode anymore.

To enter boot mode (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=292667 for more experiences):

1. Cut charger cable (yes, yes, no more usable charger, but you can still charge via USB later)
2. Inside the cable you will find one small white cable inside a lot of strands of others.
3. The white one you will have to connect to the first pin of the battery connector (the one closest to the camera) and all the others (spin them all into one) to the 5th pin of the same connector (there are 6 pins in total on that connector) - take care not to touch any other pins
4. Plug charger into socket
5. Enter Boot Mode (reset while pressing comm button)
6. VOILA !!! - I have, btw, NO IDEA why this works

Now you just have to use the attached Update Utility (RUU.zip - taken from Professional Kitchen Core or smth like this, somewhere on this site) with the IPL and SPL .nbf files also attached. IPL has been taken from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=315016 while SPL was extracted from RUU-Prophet-G3-AKU2.2-2.20-2.47.21-Jester-r1 ROM. Just copy them one by one to the folder were you have extracted RUU and run RUU. In order to write both IPL & SPL, you have to run RUU twice (once with IPL nk.nbf file and once with SPL nk.nbf file)

I think the KEY to this working (yes, yes, I KNOW, you cannot downgrade SPL, oh wait, YES YOU CAN :D !!!) is the RUU. Tried a few, and this one is the only one that actually worked.

Now all you have to do is flash your Prophet with your favourite ROM.

Your Prophet is now UNBRICKED.

Btw, i think this also CID unlocks your device :D

Attachments

• RUU.zip
    744.5 KB · Views: 1,142
Last edited:

crest_delta

Feb 18, 2007
Mumbai
this should be stickied !!!

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND ONLY IF YOUR PROPHET IS ALREADY BRICKED !!! (I recovered my Prophet, so for me it worked :D - me happy little bunny)

After many hours of digging on this site, i have found a way to unbrick my G3 Prophet (i'm guessing that this could also be slightly modified to work for G4 - change ipl & spl .nbf files with the appropriate ones, maybe ?! )

Everything said here is also somewhere on this site (but not necessarily on the Prophet section, although most is), so i'm not bringing anything new. I'm just putting it all in one place.

After flashing the IPL from Wizard on my Prophet, it obviously didn't even enter boot mode anymore.

To enter boot mode (see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=292667 for more experiences):

1. Cut charger cable (yes, yes, no more usable charger, but you can still charge via USB later)
2. Inside the cable you will find one small white cable inside a lot of strands of others.
3. The white one you will have to connect to the first pin of the battery connector (the one closest to the camera) and all the others (spin them all into one) to the 5th pin of the same connector (there are 6 pins in total on that connector) - take care not to touch any other pins
4. Plug charger into socket
5. Enter Boot Mode (reset while pressing comm button)
6. VOILA !!! - I have, btw, NO IDEA why this works

Now you just have to use the attached Update Utility (RUU.zip - taken from Professional Kitchen Core or smth like this, somewhere on this site) with the IPL and SPL .nbf files also attached. IPL has been taken from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=315016 while SPL was extracted from RUU-Prophet-G3-AKU2.2-2.20-2.47.21-Jester-r1 ROM. Just copy them one by one to the folder were you have extracted RUU and run RUU. In order to write both IPL & SPL, you have to run RUU twice (once with IPL nk.nbf file and once with SPL nk.nbf file)

I think the KEY to this working (yes, yes, I KNOW, you cannot downgrade SPL, oh wait, YES YOU CAN :D !!!) is the RUU. Tried a few, and this one is the only one that actually worked.

Now all you have to do is flash your Prophet with your favourite ROM.

Your Prophet is now UNBRICKED.

Btw, i think this also CID unlocks your device :D

hi i will try this trick again..

flashdumper

Jun 13, 2007
erm.... i was flashing my Wizard that got IPL SLP 3.08 and now have it dead. :(

for the first i've flashed IPL and it's changed to 2.20... after that i've moved to flash SPL and my device turned dead while flashing :(

deliol

Jul 17, 2007
You connect he charger to the battery pins (that is you open the back and remove the baterry!!!!), and of course you have the usb cable attached to the phone!!

littld

May 18, 2005
Just tried it on a Charmer (same pins config) but no joy. I think the mainboard must be dead. Thanks anyway, I enjoyed playing with wire (LOL).

Hexsaur

Dec 19, 2009
It worked on my Qtek s 200, but as I dont have charger I made this with old usb cable. Cuted usb cable isolated all wires just left black (gnd -) and red (+) i connected it red on first pin, black on sixth pin and i booted my s200 again :) . And for the battery I used old ac adapter on 6 V connected directly to battery (+ pin1, gnd- pin6) for about 30 sec (warning battery may explode this way I know coz my Nokia N95 batt exploded like that) and it worked. I had to do that because I did not use s200 after I got SE xperia x1. I messed with changing the rom and lived it like that (so as my xperia is a litle bit dead now and I am waiting the service to repair it) now I had time do deal with it and it works fine, brings back memories :D