[Solution] G4 Hard SPL (CID unlock)

Search This thread
B

boto

ruu update error again....

lets try again....

when i get the white screen my windows is making the sound as my usb was desconected

Last edited:

danielvelez

Sep 8, 2007
works now!

thank you very much!!

What did you do finally to make it work?

I got the same Linux pengueen but under soft spl... on the second attempt.
Gonna go for the third under soft sspl...

I think i need to do a wizard love flash first...

I'm now on a black screen that shows the time on the taskbar and green text saying > UNABLE TO OPEN LOG FILE ... TYNI_CONSOLE_INIT DONE.

So i'm not gonna go with the RUU...

I actually can hit the pop up on the clock (using Pbar) and work my way out of that black screen with clock...

Changing USB port now...
Actually im gonna restart the pc to see if i can get the activesync clean again.

So posting back in 10 minutes...

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
What did you do finally to make it work?

I got the same Linux pengueen but under soft spl... on the second attempt.
Gonna go for the third under soft sspl...

I think i need to do a wizard love flash first...

I'm now on a black screen that shows the time on the taskbar and green text saying > UNABLE TO OPEN LOG FILE ... TYNI_CONSOLE_INIT DONE.

So i'm not gonna go with the RUU...

I actually can hit the pop up on the clock (using Pbar) and work my way out of that black screen with clock...

Changing USB port now...
Actually im gonna restart the pc to see if i can get the activesync clean again.

So posting back in 10 minutes...

The packaging method threw some unexpected problems.
I repacked it and uploaded it.
The files are now in SFX packages.
So they will extract them self when executing them.

Last edited:

danielvelez

Sep 8, 2007
Too late to test your new packaged exe... I turned off the pc, did another soft reset, changed to another usb plug on the pc and did another soft spl try to the nk.nbf...

It worked.
Now when booting i see olip!

question...
I have used Wizard Love as my fresh start for flashing roms... I'm guessing that I now have to look for a different fresh start that don't flashes the SPL as I'm guessing that Wizard Love rom has SPL... Not sure.

So if i want to flash a new rom now, any suggestions for a fresh rom for cleaning memory and extended rom before new rom, that does not have a SPL IPL on it? or should I disregard this "Downgrade" before "Upgrade" procedure?

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Too late to test your new packaged exe... I turned off the pc, did another soft reset, changed to another usb plug on the pc and did another soft spl try to the nk.nbf...

It worked.
Now when booting i see olip!

question...
I have used Wizard Love as my fresh start for flashing roms... I'm guessing that I now have to look for a different fresh start that don't flashes the SPL as I'm guessing that Wizard Love rom has SPL... Not sure.

So if i want to flash a new rom now, any suggestions for a fresh rom for cleaning memory and extended rom before new rom, that does not have a SPL IPL on it? or should I disregard this "Downgrade" before "Upgrade" procedure?

Great you succeeded :)

You can disregard the downgrade before upgrade method from now on.

mitchie55

Jun 11, 2007
Ok Great work, I want to do this and donate my CID Block but I have some questions. I have TNT 5 installed on my wizard, when I do the Hard Spl will I lose any data etc or is it that the only that is changed is the SPL?

danielvelez

Sep 8, 2007
Ok Great work, I want to do this and donate my CID Block but I have some questions. I have TNT 5 installed on my wizard, when I do the Hard Spl will I lose any data etc or is it that the only that is changed is the SPL?

Actually I have TNT 5.0 too and i flashed the hard spl only to see it on my boot screen as I'm not upgrading the rom tonight... (probably tomorrow i will fall into temptation and flash the TNT Beta)

You can flash the hard spl and the phone wont even nottice... it will just say 2.21.olip on the SPL line so go ahead and do it. No need to roll back or re-install everything...
Anyway it's always a good Idea to sync on your pc and also make a pimbackup on the MiniSD and off course, remove the MiniSd on the process...

danielvelez

Sep 8, 2007
Playing with the Hard SPL

Ok.
Now that i have flashed the new Hard SPL for Cid Unlocking my g4 I want to start checking some things that don't require to flash the phone nor reinstall anything... Probably I will flash some os late this week...

So my first test was to run Wizard Service Tool, and probably Mestrini will need to work on a 0.4.2 version as this is what I get on Device Info:

=> Bootloader (SPL):
Version: 2.21.Olip (G3 device)
Built on Aug 26 2007 at 19:41:34
Copyright (c) 2007 Olipro & HTC - Hard-SPL

As Equinoxe stated, this is not a G3 SPL but a G4 SPL so mestrini will need to change the (G3 device) line into (G4 Hard SPL unlocked device) or something that gives credit to the creators... :)

Also if i hit Read rom, Cid Block, i get this>

Reading CID block...
Calculating CID block sum...
CID checksum: E45C67CA
Decrypted stored sum: 4928FEB545DE4F98
Decrypted calcd sum: 4928FEB545DE4F98
Key index : 1 - Block index: 223
CIDkey: MODULESN
CID IMEI: WHO CARES
CID: WIZBST32
Phone is CID LOCKED!

Probably this is right, i'm not a programmer so I dont really understand the workaround of the hard SPL, but as they explained, I would guess that the CID is still locked and that's why if you load any other SPL back, you will get your phone CID locked again...
Probably the real CID unlock would be non dependable of the SPL but that's only a wild guess.

The other test that I did was to start the romupdate115.exe, the utility called MTTY, to try to make a full backup of the rom.
Actually I have the original 512 mb MiniSD card and i'm using a 2gb MiniSD card, so I can play with the 512. This way I made a MiniSD flashing backup to TNT 5.0 with my 2.69 radio and the 2.21.olip SPL !!! That's nice...

The first time I tryed this MTTY card backup I did it using softSLP but then as it was Software unlocking I just was not able to re-flash my phone from the sd... Now I have not go all the way but i went as far as booting up on bootloader with the sd and it asked me if i wanted to flash the phone, so im guessing that it works!.

More tests on other day.

good night.

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
Ok.
Now that i have flashed the new Hard SPL for Cid Unlocking my g4 I want to start checking some things that don't require to flash the phone nor reinstall anything... Probably I will flash some os late this week...

So my first test was to run Wizard Service Tool, and probably Mestrini will need to work on a 0.4.2 version as this is what I get on Device Info:

=> Bootloader (SPL):
Version: 2.21.Olip (G3 device)
Built on Aug 26 2007 at 19:41:34
Copyright (c) 2007 Olipro & HTC - Hard-SPL

As Equinoxe stated, this is not a G3 SPL but a G4 SPL so mestrini will need to change the (G3 device) line into (G4 Hard SPL unlocked device) or something that gives credit to the creators... :)

Also if i hit Read rom, Cid Block, i get this>

Reading CID block...
Calculating CID block sum...
CID checksum: E45C67CA
Decrypted stored sum: 4928FEB545DE4F98
Decrypted calcd sum: 4928FEB545DE4F98
Key index : 1 - Block index: 223
CIDkey: MODULESN
CID IMEI: WHO CARES
CID: WIZBST32
Phone is CID LOCKED!

Probably this is right, i'm not a programmer so I dont really understand the workaround of the hard SPL, but as they explained, I would guess that the CID is still locked and that's why if you load any other SPL back, you will get your phone CID locked again...
Probably the real CID unlock would be non dependable of the SPL but that's only a wild guess.

The other test that I did was to start the romupdate115.exe, the utility called MTTY, to try to make a full backup of the rom.
Actually I have the original 512 mb MiniSD card and i'm using a 2gb MiniSD card, so I can play with the 512. This way I made a MiniSD flashing backup to TNT 5.0 with my 2.69 radio and the 2.21.olip SPL !!! That's nice...

The first time I tryed this MTTY card backup I did it using softSLP but then as it was Software unlocking I just was not able to re-flash my phone from the sd... Now I have not go all the way but i went as far as booting up on bootloader with the sd and it asked me if i wanted to flash the phone, so im guessing that it works!.

More tests on other day.

good night.

Ah yeah, mestrini wrote the WST before he wrote the DOC tester.
He'll add the 2.21.olip in his future release of WST.
So he'll have to add a hard SPL unlocked and G4 for the .olip SPL.
Since the real CID block isn't touched.

Mtty runs nice with hardspl.
Set 32 2 will show you the g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel, wich is FF for an cid-locked device, but with CID unlocked and hardSPL devices is 0 :)

And with the hard SPL you can use the SD image to backup and restore :)

frz

Mar 3, 2006
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=332330

how's this different from:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=332330
The G4 soft-SPL is working great, and some people already have used our hard SPL for some time now.

Faq.

What is Hard SPL?
- a custom G4 SPL patched by Olipro which let your device thing it has SuperCID (aka CID unlocked)

What is different to the Soft SPL?
-Soft SPL is temporarily, this solution is semi permanent, it will be removed by flashing an original G4 SPL.
-You don't need a separate loader in the future, just use the RUU provided in the ROM package.

Can I use it for other devices than for a G4 wizard?
G4 Wizards only, use at own risk

Usage:
-connect your device
-Start hard_SPL-G4.exe
-Push the "Check DOC" button
-> The tool now checks whether your device is truly a G4, if not, it will give you an error and stops.
-> after this a dos box pops up, and it loads the softSPL to your device, to enable hard-SPL flashing.
-> then a Rom Update Utility will start, ONLY proceed if your screen is white!
-Proceed with the upgrade, it will only take a minute.
After reboot the IPL version is : 2.21.0001 and the SPL is 2.21.olip

Now you have Hard SPL
So no need to downgrade before upgrade anymore.
But don't flash ROMs containing IPL/SPL.

If you got the following error:
g3.jpg

You didn't read the thread, and you may thank mestrini for his detection tool, otherwise your device whas a shure brick.

Thanks to Mestrini, who made the DOC checker so that only G4 can be flashed, and G3's can't, thus saving them from certain death!
Thanks to Olipro who patched the G4 SPL
Thanks to DES and Pof, from whom I took the idea and and some of the scripts.
Thanks to SAA044 who beta tested all the sSPL and hard SPL versions, and lost a wizard in the process, but kept his head cool, and kept on testing with his brand new wizard, respect to you, and thanks my friend!
Thanks to all I didn't mention but had an input in this project.

Hard SPL has been uploaded

People read this before proceeding.
-Since the release of the Soft SPL over 850 people downloaded it, however nobody felt obliged to give something back to the community .

In my signature I have been asking to share your CID block with Mestrini, so he can finish his free solution for the "data crashes error".
However, (apart from a single soul) nobody cared, and nobody shared.
This saddens me, Our community is here to help each other, you are all shouting for solutions, but no-one is helping..

To emphasize things:
All the people working on this G4 project DON'T OWN A G4, soft SPL and HARD SPL where brought to you by non-G4 owners, our beta tester SAA044 even bricked the only one while testing, and he bought a new one for testing (without donations!).

Mestrini needs the CID blocks, he now only has 53 (and 40 were donated by a SINGLE user!!)
The request was first posted on may the 17th..
That summons up the community spirit a bit.

What we are asking is the following:
Share now (if your key isn't on the list):
Get Wizard Service Tool (LINK) and use the "Read ROM" button to read the CID area, and contact mestrini so he can get the CID block. (G3/G4, CID locked/CID unlocked, it doesn't matter, as locg as he gets all the DES keys HTC used).

All posting regarding CID block/data crashes error have to be posted here

You can download the hardSPL from here HERE.
[edit]26-09-'07 02:00 repacked the Hard SPL, it seems that the first package method caused some problems.[/edit]