[solution] G4 SoftSPL Flash any ROM to CID locked G4 [UPDATED]

Search This thread

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
HTC Wizard SoftSPL (sSPL) For G4 Wizards

FAQ:
What is SoftSPL?
-SoftSPL is a patched SPL that will temporary unlock your CID (untill reboot).
-It will be copied to your device and loaded (BUT NOT FLASHED!), the device is tricked to believe it has SuperCID (More accuratly g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel will be 0 ).

Why Temporary?
-1st because of warranty, since there is no CID block written, warranty isn't void
-2nd with this tool it's not necesarry to have a permanently unlocked CID.
-3rd it's safe, it doesn't flash CID block or IPL/SPL by it's own, but choose your ROM you want to flash wisely!

Isn't shelltool the same?
-no shelltool will strip the rom, and then flash it with pdocwrite, where sSPL is a bootloader which says it has supercid, thus tricking the RomUpdateUtility.

But can I make it permanent?
-Yes it can make it semi permanent, with HardSPL (it's the same trick, but now a patched SPL is flashed to device).

What does Soft SPL change on my device?
-nothing, it's loaded into memory. Only the ROM you choose to flash with the RUU will change your device.

USE AT OWN RISK

How To use?

If you don't know what a G4 safe ROM is, don't even try to upgrade!
WILL NOT WORK IN VISTA

-Unzip SoftSPL.zip
-copy the nk.nbf file from desired G4 safe ROM to the SoftSPL folder
-Fully Connect to ActiveSync
-Run START-sSPL.exe
-the Screen of your Device will turn white, don't panic, this is normal
-SoftSPL will now run the RUU, proceed as usual (the screen of the wizard will stay white during whole process, again don't panic!)
DO NOT PROCEED WITH RUU if the screen isn't WHITE, OR when in bootloader SPL version isn't 2.21.olip

G4 Safe means:
-No IPL/SPL and no Extended ROM.

Many Thanks Go to:

Olipro: For patching the latest SPL

SAA044: For testing all the versions, and keeping his head cool when the first hardSPL killed his Wizard (beyond repair!), and for keeping on testing the new versions with his brand new Wizard!

Whiterat: For all his technical and moral support, without him it wouldn't have excisted.

Pof & Des: From whom I took the idea, and some of the scripts.

NB. This sSPL is not for G3, it will proceed with updating, but in the end OS will not be written, tested it with my own G3. Beware of the SPL/IPL (there is danger to flash G4 spl on your G3 due to the fact you are using a G4 sSPL, the RUU will probably think it's running from a G4 device!).
NB.2 If you want to mtty in stead of flashing a ROM, place mtty in the folder and rename it 2.exe ;)

[EDIT:12-september 19:54] I updated the file for a confirmed working RC1 (v0.1) WITH the missing dll [/EDIT]

[edit] 23.09.07
Some people reported that enable rapi does not always work, if that is the case for you, you can try to replace the original enable-rapi with the one attached here.
[/edit]

Attachments

• SoftSPL-V0.1.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 49,090
  • enable-rapi.zip
    52.4 KB · Views: 12,371
Last edited:

zizozeidan

Jun 29, 2007
Many Thanks

First of all many thanks for ur effort.
second-should i back to the love room befor flashing this room or i can flash directly from any room?
third - with shell tool if any problems happend i can back to love room and retry again. is it possible here also?
forth - is soft room = new room without spl & ipl?
awaiting ur reply & thanks again for ur hard work

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
First of all many thanks for ur effort.
second-should i back to the love room befor flashing this room or i can flash directly from any ROM?
third - with shell tool if any problems happend i can back to love room and retry again. is it possible here also?
forth - is soft (safe?) ROM = new ROM without spl & ipl?
awaiting ur reply & thanks again for ur hard work

First, you're welcome.
2nd Please keep in mind you need IPL/SPL 2.xx.00001 for WM6 (use the latest officcial one from your provider)
3rd It's not different from an ordinary flash, you can go back to any ROM that is G4 safe.
4rd G4 safe means no IPL/SPL (Extended ROM hasn't been tested yet)

mohen

May 6, 2007
it's sound pretty easy ... i'mma try it 2marow as well .
thanks for everything

zizozeidan

Jun 29, 2007
where r u guys?

42 person's were downloded without any comments. your feedback is very important to other's.
yalla come on

The_Font

Aug 24, 2007
[solution] G4 SoftSPL Flash any ROM to CID locked device

Thanks!! I wil post the results a soon as i flash a new ROM

thomme

Mar 31, 2007
I tried it and it didn't work. But it was probaly my fault.

Would anyone be so friendly posting some G4 Save-Roms. I think a lot of us guys aren't sure wich are save and wich aren't.

Thank you
thomme

saa044

Jul 28, 2007
Pretoria
My way

For anyone interested i did it like this!!!!

1. Flashed back to latest origenal rom.

2. Copied the file into shelltool directory to verify the ipl/spl status. (Normally most roms here dont have ipl/spl in it, never hurts to check though.

3. Used wizard service tool to make sure the enable rapi command is installed on device.

4. Copied the desired nk.nbf file into softspl (root) folder.

5. Ran the main exe file without errors and had wm6 flashed successfully.:)

the-equinoxe

Retired Moderator
Jul 26, 2006
For anyone interested i did it like this!!!!

1. Flashed back to latest origenal rom.

2. Copied the file into shelltool directory to verify the ipl/spl status. (Normally most roms here dont have ipl/spl in it, never hurts to check though.

3. Used wizard service tool to make sure the enable rapi command is installed on device.

4. Copied the desired nk.nbf file into softspl (root) folder.

5. Ran the main exe file without errors and had wm6 flashed successfully.:)

The only difference now is that there is a ROM folder now ;)

saa044

Jul 28, 2007
Pretoria
hmmm

I tried it and it didn't work. But it was probaly my fault.

Would anyone be so friendly posting some G4 Save-Roms. I think a lot of us guys aren't sure wich are save and wich aren't.

Thank you
thomme

Most of the roms on this page should be G4 safe.
http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=wizard_WM_6

The ones I have tested up till now is the wrcx, TNT and SNE 3 ones. Try what I said in my previous post, that might also work for you. :) What error did you get by the way, a 620 errors that said it could not communicate with device?

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
I tried and it didn't work at all. I tried 3 times already from the time I downloaded the rar and still no success.

First time I tried it I had Titanium 2 installed and it was a no go even though the IPL/SPL were 2.26.0001

Then I tried twice using the official T-Mobile rom with IPL/SPL 2.26.0001 and followed the directions provided to a t and no success...

I am going to try once more tonight since it is 3:25am and then im giving up for the night.

Oh and I am trying to flash faria's rom. Think that might have something to do with it?

saa044

Jul 28, 2007
Pretoria
I tried and it didn't work at all. I tried 3 times already from the time I downloaded the rar and still no success.

First time I tried it I had Titanium 2 installed and it was a no go even though the IPL/SPL were 2.26.0001

Then I tried twice using the official T-Mobile rom with IPL/SPL 2.26.0001 and followed the directions provided to a t and no success...

I am going to try once more tonight since it is 3:25am and then im giving up for the night.

Oh and I am trying to flash faria's rom. Think that might have something to do with it?

Can you give us more detail to where you get the error and what it is? Also did you flash origenal rom with softspl or bootloader? Oh and if your device asks for permission to load the dll files it wont work.

Last edited:

saa044

Jul 28, 2007
Pretoria
contact me

Contact me via msn at danie_breden@msn.com I will try me best to help u, but eventually EquinoXe is the master here.

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
Can you give us more detail to where you get the error and what it is? Also did you flash origenal rom with softspl or bootloader? Oh and if your device asks for permission to load the dll files it wont work.

Here is exactly what my device is doing:

I flash back to the official T-Mobile WM5 rom for the 2.26.0001 IPL/SPL adn then let customization finish and then try to softSpl but with no success. On my MDA, it asks me to confirm something and the screen never turns white like it is supposed to do.

I have tried this several ways and on 2 different roms.

I have tried flashing back to T-Mobile official but skip customization 2 times and use softSpl to flash faria's rom and it failed. I tried once after waiting untill customization is complete and installing faria's rom and it failed once again.

I also tried installing cert_SPCS.cab and installing enablerapi.cab prior to running softSpl 2 different times, once before customization and once after customization. both times failed. this time I was using Black Diamond 2.0 instead of faria's rom to see if it was just the rom.

Not once did I ever get the white screen and not once did it flash successfully using this method.(At least not for me)