• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Solution (NOT WORKING ANYMORE) - Unlocking Bootloader for Redmi Note 5 Global

Did this solution worked for you ?

• Yes, my bootloader is finally unlocked !!!

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • No, it did not work...

Votes: 32 76.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

The4anoni

Sep 25, 2015
Unlocked my bootloader normally ,didnt have to use this method (downloaded official newest unlock app ,binded mi account via dev settings ,got error ,waited two weeks and bootloader was unlocked normally).

abdullah alotaibi

Oct 8, 2016
Hey what step did you followed to unlock it?

as you would have added account in mi unlock status.
and this post didnt ask us to bind account in unlock status.

i do like the first post .
i register new acount in miui site

then download mi unlock in the first post

then just second open bootloader and install twrp and flash mokee rom:laugh:

my english so bad,

any question i will answer

thanks very much

Devilz_108

Nov 25, 2015
No matter what I do it keeps telling me to bind the phone with the account and the bound account still has 345 hours of waiting

I have the latest ROM MIUI they provide for the Redmi 5 Plus Global Version
Tried with different emails still no luck all they tell me is that I need to bind the phone

Tried the MiFlash 2.x version also still no luck

Any help is appreciated guys I hate that I need to wait 15 days just to change the ROM :/

Last edited:

Pumpino

Aug 16, 2012
Melbourne
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Realme 7 Pro
I'm getting a second RN5 tomorrow. Waiting 360 hours last time was painful. I was looking forward to avoiding it this time, but looking at the posts, it seems that this strategy stopped working around 10th June. I'll mae a point of not installing any OTA updates before trying to unlock, and see if that helps.

bayad

Apr 7, 2011
Djibouti
I'm getting a second RN5 tomorrow. Waiting 360 hours last time was painful. I was looking forward to avoiding it this time, but looking at the posts, it seems that this strategy stopped working around 10th June. I'll mae a point of not installing any OTA updates before trying to unlock, and see if that helps.

Thank you in advance for your feedback :good:

Reactions: Pumpino

Levered

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2012
Malaysia
levered.webs.com
Okay it's work..

Try using mi unlock from the owner post,

here my trick.

1. sign in mi second (without binding account on developers). click unlock on mi unlock tool. You will get error, and need to binding the devices
2. sign out account on mi unlock, and then sign in mi account have you already binding 360hrs before.
3. try unlock again.

4. it's working now. thanks

Last edited:

realz88

Sep 8, 2005
Okay it's work..

Try using mi unlock post,

here my trick.

1. sign in mi second (without binding account on developers). click unlock on mi unlock tool. You will get error, and need to binding the devices)
2. sign out account on mi unlock, and sign in mi account have you already binding 360hrs.
3. try unlock again.

4. it's working now. thanks
Still getting the error... Binding time is too short. I used the unlock tool from the OP

Last edited:

realz88

Sep 8, 2005
Yes I made 2 accounts. One with the 360hrs waiting time and still getting the same error.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

If I had binded the account to the phone in developers earlier in error, is there a way to unbind apart from signing out the account on the phone?

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Yes I made 2 accounts. One with the 360hrs waiting time and still getting the same error.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 AM ----------

If I had binded the account to the phone in developers earlier in error, is there a way to unbind apart from signing out the account on the phone?
BTW, I'm on version 9.5.6.0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE !!! : It seems that Xiaomi has patched the bug that allowed to easily unlock the Redmi Note 5 bootloader. Consequence, no more unofficial solution works to unlock the bootloader. We have to wait officially 15 days to unlock it.

Hi all,

I created this thread to provide a solution to all the owners of the Redmi Note 5 Global Version because I noticed that many of them could not unlock their bootloader.

This solution worked for me on the first try. You must have a Mi account beforehand.

Let's begin :

Create Mi Account registration with E-mail :

1- Visit https://account.xiaomi.com/pass/register
    2- Select the country, enter your e-mail, date of birth and optionally subscribe to a newsletter.
    3- Press “Create Mi Account”.
    4- The new window will show up, where you need to enter a password.
    5- Now check the e-mail you’ve entered, you should receive a confirmation letter.
    6- Activate your account by clicking the activation link.

I used this Mi Unlock Tool version : https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/XbiIkf2j/file.html

Here are the steps I did (thanks to https://www.movilesdualsim.com/tema...dmi-note-5-conviene-leer-el-mensaje-1.190483/) :

1.- Enter your Mi account in Settings> Account> My Account (Warning !! Do not put your Mi account in Development Options).

2.- Go to Settings> About the Phone and press repeatedly on "MIUI Version" until a prompt appears stating that "Now the developer options are activated!"

3.- Go to Settings> System and Device> Additional> Options for Developers and activate the options "Unlock OEM" (you must activate it by clicking on "Unlock OEM", not on the switch, then accept the message) and, optionally, "USB Debugging".

4.- Turn off the phone.

5.- Execute as Administrator "My Flash Unlock" by right-clicking on the file "My Unlock.exe" and choosing the option "Open as administrator" from the drop-down menu. Then enter your Mi account.

6.- Press Power button and the Volume Down button same time until you see "Fastboot" screen then connect the phone to the computer.

7.- Wait for "My Flash Unlock" to recognize the phone and press "Unlock". Confirm and wait. You will see a percentage that goes up to 100%.

8.- Congratulations !! Your bootloader is now unlocked ! Enjoy ! ;)

Good luck everyone :fingers-crossed:

EDIT 1 : It seems that Xiaomi fixed this trick.
    Try now with Mi Unlock Tool v2.3.803.10 version and see if it works again : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=889764386195926335
    I made it, sir you are awesome!!! So as it turned out using the older MiFlash v2.x is the key.

Happy for you ;)

Enjoy your beast now :p
    I did it!!! thank you sir. to the TWRP now :)

Great ! Don't forget to vote ;)
    Do we need to force disable signatures on Windows as spotted in all-in-one thread ?

For me, I did not need to do that. I am on windows 10 64 bits...
    For me, I did not need to do that. I am on windows 10 64 bits...
    I can confirm: no needed!!!

I've unlocked my RN5 Global at the first attempt, in this way it's really easy, thanks! :good: