• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Solution] Start Tasker after head unit sleep

Search This thread

joeontherung

Feb 10, 2019
Ok so...... (Not that anybody will notice) 5 post no responses :unsure: at this rate that russion forms looking a bit more appealing,

iv had no luck with installing this software.

when i try to install i get "Parsing error" message
i was thinking that may be due to the manufacturer not allowing unknown sources to be installed but cant find that settings anywhere in my unit?

I honestly think at this stage it may be worth going down the route of a launcher that actualy lets you add an additional application to run off the back end of it i have seen this in the paste with my old launcher but the removed that feature :(

i dont mind pressing the home button to launch the launcher each time i sit in the car as it always launches radio first off,

im only saying this because you can clearly see they allow launchers to be installed and the launcher works on startup shame these units are setup this way, i always see the best devices are the ones that give the end user the choice to do there own thing also giving the ability to recover easy from boot loader not doing so is a bad developed and none thought through device,

Sadly lots of us are in the same position ATM!

realzoulou

Nov 3, 2016
Greater Area Munich
Parsing error indicates that the apk file is damaged. How did you download and install it? From the device itself? Or via downloading and uncompressing via a PC? Download of zip files and then decompression and installing from the device leads often to a problem.

joeontherung

Feb 10, 2019
Thank you

your correct i did decompress using an app on the device and then install so chances are that might be the issue ill give it another go appreciate you coming back with some advice, ill uncompres on pc and stick on usb and see if i get any luck that way,

oo and i take back my quote above that nobody is watching :) sorry

Last edited:

joeontherung

Feb 10, 2019
Ok that's not so good I decompressed on my pc transfers the APK to usb and opens it with 2 different file manager same error

there was a problem parsing the package

joeontherung

Feb 10, 2019
So sad However theres a good ending to every story, Please read below

Think i might have worked a small work around for the (k2001 models running simial software)

On my unit i have a "Car Settings" in Mines lets you select an alternative satnav also allows Autostart of that Nav software however it doesn't have to be satvAv software you can pic any app you like :)

not sure why the hell i decided to do this but i headed in to car settings > satnav settings > autostart satnav > select alternative application > select tasker!

Switch ignition off and on next cold boot (Fast boot) it leaves tasker in the process list Tasker loads :)

They may as well have called it persistent app loader section but works a treat.

Last edited:

MrSirMacke

Dec 17, 2020
So sad However theres a good ending to every story, Please read below

Think i might have worked a small work around for the (k2001 models running simial software)

On my unit i have a "Car Settings" in Mines lets you select an alternative satnav also allows Autostart of that Nav software however it doesn't have to be satvAv software you can pic any app you like :)

not sure why the hell i decided to do this but i headed in to car settings > satnav settings > autostart satnav > select alternative application > select tasker!

Switch ignition off and on next cold boot (Fast boot) it leaves tasker in the process list Tasker loads :)

They may as well have called it persistent app loader section but works a treat.

I have an Xtrons unit, I could select a different app, but sadly no autostart.
I really want Tasker to start after boot, but so far no solution..

Renzke

Dec 9, 2015
Hi. The app is working for me (BMW PX6 Android 8.1 unit). Seems to be the intent which is coming by an attached DAC is working as well. In my case no USB Stick is required.

Tasker is putting my sound output to a higher level and 10s can be quite long.

I changed to start after 1s by myself. Working well :) Thanks. Not sure if I'm allowed to upload. Just in case whoever wants is (...) send me a PM if you are interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: flob77

Rodney007

Mar 28, 2021
Hello everybody and thank you for this interesting post,

Hi. The app is working for me (BMW PX6 Android 8.1 unit). Seems to be the intent which is coming by an attached DAC is working as well. In my case no USB Stick is required.

Tasker is putting my sound output to a higher level and 10s can be quite long.

I changed to start after 1s by myself. Working well :) Thanks. Not sure if I'm allowed to upload. Just in case whoever wants is (...) send me a PM if you are interested.
Please Renzke, can you provide me the new APK with just 1 sec of delay?

I need it as well for a PX5 with Android 10 ;)

MarkusKer

Jul 2, 2021
Hello,

i looked at the source code but what exactly do i neeto set up in tasker to start tasks?
I understood that it has to do with intents.

regards,
Markus

Renzke

Dec 9, 2015
Hello,

i looked at the source code but what exactly do i neeto set up in tasker to start tasks?
I understood that it has to do with intents.

regards,
Markus
This app is starting the background process of tasker based on an android intent (in this case usb stick attached). This is helpfull in case you have an android system / unit which doesn't allow apps in autostart.

In case you don't know how to use tasker please check tutorials.

yegolebi

Nov 22, 2021
Hi, i am also not sure what should be configured in tasker profile to be triggered by this application. Maybe some one can help?

Renzke

Dec 9, 2015
Hi, i am also not sure what should be configured in tasker profile to be triggered by this application. Maybe some one can help?
If you have experience with tasker this shouldn't be a big deal. If not you should do a beginner tutorial for tasker.
The App is just starting the tasker background process. As soon as this is running you can work with tasker in the same way you would do it with any other phone / tablet (...) as well.

yegolebi

Nov 22, 2021
If you have experience with tasker this shouldn't be a big deal. If not you should do a beginner tutorial for tasker.
The App is just starting the tasker background process. As soon as this is running you can work with tasker in the same way you would do it with any other phone / tablet (...) as well.
My understanding was that it enables the tasker to perform a task when device wakes up and not starting the tasker itself. If this is so, it creates some kind of event that tasker can react to. My question was how to configure profile to catch this event. My tasker is working after device wake up, but it can not react to weaking up, and this was the problem solved in this thread as i understand it....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was asked by @rigattoni if I could write an app that allows to trigger Tasker after head unit wakes up from sleep (aka fast boot).
    Why? Android has no reliable way for apps to be triggered when the device resumes from suspend-to-RAM state (aka fast boot).
    Therefore a lot of Tasker users are missing a way to achieve that any Tasker jobs are started in fast boot.
    My small little app tries to solve this.
    This topic was first mentioned here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=82596933&postcount=6133

How it works:
    When a USB mass storage device is attached, the app will be triggered by Android, both in cold boot, and also in "fast boot".
    Then the app waits for 10 seconds and then fires a Tasker specific intent to Tasker and the app will finish itself.
    This allows that any Tasker tasks will be triggered.

In the attachment you find both a ready APK and the source code of it.

Note: I will not maintain this app.
    If the APK does not fit your needs, adapt the source code yourself.
    If you want to send other intents additionally, adapt the source code yourself.
    If you want to change the timeout of 10 seconds, adapt the source code yourself.
    If you don't know how to do so, take an online Android App Development training.
    This app here is started by Android itself if a USB stick is present and so resistent against the 'kill all running apps' issue.
    I've simply used tasker with "Display on" event for starting the app I need, turning wifi on, etc.
    Working flawlessly for cold boot or resume... why not this method?

For me and others, the Tasker background process is killed on resume so it's not "active" to know that the screen is on or otherwise.
    Missing Accessibility activation

On CSN2, CSN2-D, RL7Ac units another issue is visible, according to the Android restrictions starting with Android 8, that accessibility settings are not stored. That means that Tasker is not allowed to work in background... This is a no go for us...

This can be "fixed" if the unit is rooted!

What is needed:

Preparation:
    • Unit is rooted
    • Tasker installed
    • Secure Settings installed and activated
    Workflow:
    1. Secure Settings:
      • Switch to tab "SYSTEM+"
      • Press the button "DISABLED" and wait until the system is set to "ENABLED"
      • Close the app
    2. Tasker:
      • Open "Preferences" in Tasker, switch to tab "MISC", activate "Allow External Access" and deactivate "Reduce Resource Usage". There might be some popups afterwards when closing Tasker about battery usage... As we don´t care about that, please accept these changes.

Task:

Create a profile, Example:
    • "Screen on" with higher priority (otherwise the task may be scheduled)
    Create new task
    • Press the "+" button to add a command
    • Choose "Plugin and there "Secure Settings"
    • Press the stylo and open "System + Action"
    • Choose "Accessibility Settings" and search for Tasker in the list (on some units, the field is really small to find any app)
    • Press the "DISABLED" button to get it changed to "ENABLED" and safe the setting.

You can add other accessibility changes too. In this case you need to add a wait of 100ms between the commands.
    (FCC needs it, because otherwise some functionality of FCC does not work (automatic light, volume....))

Example added to import in Tasker.
    I finally found a solution to the problem without root. I described it on our forum, I have no strength to translate, if anyone needs to use google translator. My English requires it))
    Now my tasker service starts automatically on a non-rooted device after a quick wake up
    https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=1000527&view=findpost&p=98752794