• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SOLVE] Magisk 14.6 and 15.0 not working on samsung s6 edge

Search This thread
Same here, Magisk 15.0 on S6 edge (G925F) boots into the throbbing samsung logo and no further.
Weirdly enough it did work on my S2 (T719n) without any problems...
How do i get a logcat off the device to help pin this down?

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

I updated my post. It was dm-verity. Apparently, installing 15.0 magically turns it on again for some idiotic reason.

...and what is one supposed to do in this case?

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

I managed to get my device back to work by flashing the latest Samsung firmware with odin, then installed TWRP, and then flashed magisk 14.0, buht of course now magiskmanager keeps nagging about 15.0.

How do I turn dm-verity on? I tried to flash 15.0 from MagiskManager with "keep AVB/dm-verity" turned on, now I got a bootloop 0.o

ponypezza

Dec 27, 2017
Same here, Magisk 15.0 on S6 edge (G925F) boots into the throbbing samsung logo and no further.
Weirdly enough it did work on my S2 (T719n) without any problems...
How do i get a logcat off the device to help pin this down?

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 AM ----------

...and what is one supposed to do in this case?

---------- Post added at 08:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

I managed to get my device back to work by flashing the latest Samsung firmware with odin, then installed TWRP, and then flashed magisk 14.0, buht of course now magiskmanager keeps nagging about 15.0.

How do I turn dm-verity on? I tried to flash 15.0 from MagiskManager with "keep AVB/dm-verity" turned on, now I got a bootloop 0.o

Just flash no-verity-opt-encrypt posted before.
I also had trouble installing Magisk 15 on my international S EDGE. The first time I updated from 14 to 15 via Magisk Installer and I ended stuck in Samsung Logo; i was not able to flash anything from recovery because my phone was encrypted. Factory reset :( Then tried flashing magisk and dm-verity from recovery but ended in Samsung logo again.
Looks like the right way is flashing v15.0 from manager with "keep AVB/dm-verity" turned on, get a bootloop, then flashing dm-verity from recovery.
At least that's how I made it.

Didgeridoohan

Senior Moderator / Dev Committee / Dev Relations
Staff member
May 31, 2012
Gothenburg
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 6
Guys have you tried flashing dm-verity disabler by jcadduono after flashing Magisk?

[Insert General Disclaimer Here]
Link: https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/

@Didgeridoohan That's so early in the boot process adb reports device as Offline so don't expect logcats from average Joe. Samsung Devices doesn't boot with custom recovery and dm-verity enabled, Magisk 15 no longer disables dm-verity by default so...

Thanks for the heads up. I've been utilising a bit of a shotgun posting tactic, hoping that someone might come up with some useful information. Up until now no-one had even come back with that bit of information... :p

It's looking like it's the new verity and encryption patching in v15 that's the culprit for Samsung device bootloops.

Last edited:

Tribal123

Oct 3, 2008
Genova
OMG i stucked on boot with 15.0 too. Whats the problem. What is the solution??

EDIT i have the solution right now tested it and working. download magisk unistaller and magisk 14.0. Enter the twrp first flash magisk uninstaller and after that flash magisk 14.0. Here we go :)

f *ck*n scared by this 15.0 update:confused:
Experienced stuck in recovery with Huawei P9 EVA-L09C150B366
Fortunately @turkishield shared the solution, thanks man!

Found this solution in the BETA 15.0 main post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/beta-magisk-v13-0-0980cb6-t3618589/page493
working for my huawei P9

"Huawei devices that experience bootloops or weird issues like changed model number etc, before installing v15.0 make sure to enable "Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity". This has been known to work for some. Might possibly also work for other devices experiencing similar issues..."

Last edited:

FallenAngelII

Jun 29, 2015
Just flash no-verity-opt-encrypt posted before.
I also had trouble installing Magisk 15 on my international S EDGE. The first time I updated from 14 to 15 via Magisk Installer and I ended stuck in Samsung Logo; i was not able to flash anything from recovery because my phone was encrypted. Factory reset :( Then tried flashing magisk and dm-verity from recovery but ended in Samsung logo again.
Looks like the right way is flashing v15.0 from manager with "keep AVB/dm-verity" turned on, get a bootloop, then flashing dm-verity from recovery.
At least that's how I made it.
Simply updating from the manager and then flashing dm-verity (the December update) worked for me.

GldRush98

Jun 3, 2006
Taylorville, IL.
www.GldRush98.com
Updated to 15.1 tonight.
I downloaded the zip and did it manually in TWRP.
Flashed Magisk Uninstaller - Flashed Magisk 15.1 zip - Flashed verity/encryption disabler.
I don't know if all those steps are necessary but it appeared to be the safest path forward for me and it worked perfect.

Arsal06

Sep 16, 2019
Uninstalling megisk from my s6 edge but it keeps rebooting to TWRP.

i have installed Twrp recovery plus have megisk 19.3 in my Galaxy S6 Edge g925f . i decided to unroot my phone and uninstalled mejisk by flashing uninstaller zip file through TWRP recovery . now my phone keeps rebooting to TWRP recovery and not even showing Samsung logo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: Hi guys, it me again.. I finally solve my problem with my phone Samsung S6 Edge SM-G925F.
    first of all, I want to thank you Xda community who help to fix this problem and it was great to have very kind people
    this solution only happen with my device samsung s6 edges, I am not sure about other devices, but here it goes

1.) go to https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/
    2.) download latest zip
    3.) remember! uninstall ur Magisk first and make it clean
    4.) flash those zip file from no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.x.zip and reboot but never install Magisk yet! NEVER!
    5.) Wipe all cache.. and reboot, make sure it reboot properly, OK.
    6.) proceed go to recovery TWRP and flash Magisk 15.0
    7.) this will take 10-20 minute, after reboot success.. install Magisk Apps
    8.) you will notice that u already got latest version of Magisk

for more detail about what just you read.. please read more from this thread
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/fix-bootloop-issue-magisk-14-6-15-0-t3725962

Special thanks to
    Aria.A97 (starting thread I found)
    Lemmy (solution from him)

-----------------------------------

Hi, I own samsung s6 edges SM-G925F

the older version of Magisk 14.3 working nicely on samsung s6 edge
    but latest Magisk version 14.6 and 15.0 not working at all and stuck at samsung logo :rolleyes: ..
    my mission of this thread is to get the latest version 15.0 working on samsung s6 edges with help of xda community

here is what I just did
    I upgrade Magisk 14.3 from the apps manager itself (5.4.0), and start rebooting
    after that I stuck on samsung logo for about 24hour, I then proceed to wipe all data and lost everything and start from stock firmware again.. (ODIN)

after that

I install Samsung latest stock firmware again nougat 7, and flash custom recovery TWRP
    and I install Magisk 15.0 from recovery, after installation finish without any problem I start to rebooting..
    but same thing happen... stuck at samsung logo for very long time .. more than 5-10hour (this is not right)

I try to uninstall this latest version and reinstall Magisk (v14.3) again using TWRP.. I rebooting and it working again (waiting time only 20 minute and not an hour)
    on the screen, I have Magisk app manager version 5.4.0, and it ask me to update to latest version again.. I know that if I update to
    latest version , same thing will happen.. stuck at the boot loop and I don't understand why

I try again this time, it updating my Magisk app manager from 5.4.0 to 5.5.0 and also 5.5.1 (even latest by today)
    I install Magisk v15.0 from the apps again and start rebooting.. after rebooting.. same thing happen! stuck in samsung logo

To conclude....

- I download everything only on XDA official thread including (Magisk Zip, Magisk Apps manager and Magisk Uninstaller) ALL IS LATEST
    - I did Wipe all cache, delvick cache
    - I did do factory reset
    - I did many times wipe all cache
    - I did manually flashing Magisk via recovery with TWRP (latest version as today)
    - I did follow the instruction in Magisk official thread one by one
    - but still stuck at the samsung logo for many hour and never recover.. untill I flashing older version magisk 4.3 to make it work again

I just cannot get this latest version Magisk 15.0 , only working for me is Magisk 14.3 without problem
    please help.. I really want latest version with huge improvement

My devices info
    - SM-925F
    - Samsung S6 Edges
    - International version
    - Android 7.0
    - Stock kernel 3.10.61-12414727
    - Android security patch level 1 December 2017
    Guys have you tried flashing dm-verity disabler by jcadduono after flashing Magisk?

[Insert General Disclaimer Here]
    Link: https://build.nethunter.com/android-tools/no-verity-opt-encrypt/

@Didgeridoohan That's so early in the boot process adb reports device as Offline so don't expect logcats from average Joe. Samsung Devices doesn't boot with custom recovery and dm-verity enabled, Magisk 15 no longer disables dm-verity by default so...
    OMG i stucked on boot with 15.0 too. Whats the problem. What is the solution??

EDIT i have the solution right now tested it and working. download magisk unistaller and magisk 14.0. Enter the twrp first flash magisk uninstaller and after that flash magisk 14.0. Here we go :)