[SOLVED]4.3 messed up my internal storage

Search This thread

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
So after spending a whole afternoon flashing 4.3 onto the N7 via fastboot and finally getting root to work, I connect my N7 to the PC and get the shock of my life to see my internal storage has shrunk to 6GB...it currently says I only have 5GB free out of 6GB...is there any way to fix this ? My N7 is the 3G, 32GB model running 4.3 with stock kernel, twrp and rooted.

Solution : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2033692

Just edit the steps to adapt to our Nexus 7 :) PM me if you need help with that

Last edited:

player911

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 8, 2006
Cincinnati
www.SnapSiteAdmins.com
We've had that with the first custom roms. The only way to fix that, that I know know of, is to flash back to older stock rom, verify the storage is right, and try again.

I would download the 4.3 rom from another source and/or verify the MD5 package.

Just for laughs, perhaps you could try to reflash the kernel (which is what I think gives the reading).

That or you are the only person with a 6gb N7.

Reactions: RohinZaraki

RohinZaraki

Sep 8, 2011
Well, I talked to two other people and they said this is bound to happen with flash happy morons like me who go straight for the IMGs...will try re-doing from step 1, or else I'll go back to 4.2.2...oh and 1 more piece of info...as I was done with flashing 4.3, my sd was formatted as well...

U

Username invalid

This has also happened to me on more then one occasion when flashing back to stock would show only 6/27.5GB available. Rebooting into recovery and reformatting fixes it.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We've had that with the first custom roms. The only way to fix that, that I know know of, is to flash back to older stock rom, verify the storage is right, and try again.

I would download the 4.3 rom from another source and/or verify the MD5 package.

Just for laughs, perhaps you could try to reflash the kernel (which is what I think gives the reading).

That or you are the only person with a 6gb N7.
    This has also happened to me on more then one occasion when flashing back to stock would show only 6/27.5GB available. Rebooting into recovery and reformatting fixes it.
    i got that once...formatted all in Philz recovery...DONE..no problem..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone