[SOLVED]9t - stuck in the bootloop with bad magisk module

Search This thread
[Android10 + MIUI 11]
1. Trying to add new module (extra power menu) and... kaboom - phone stuck at boot.
1a. I'm flashing orginal boot.img
2. No working^ TWRP for me - bootloop and/or data folder mounted in the read only mode or listed as complete mess. No chance for removing bad module.
3. ADB method for removing module - not working under Android 10 :/
4. The situation: no magisk, no root, no GPay

The question: is there anyway to prepare magisk boot image w/o modules loading?

Last edited:

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
[Android10 + MIUI 11]
1. Trying to add new module (extra power menu) and... kaboom - phone stuck at boot.
2. No working^ TWRP for me - bootloop and/or data folder mounted in the read only mode or listed as complete mess. No chance for removing bad module.

Use TWRP, its File Manager.
Navigate to /data/adb/modules
Each installed module has its folder - recognize by name which folder corresponds to your errant module.
Put an empty file disable (for disabling) or remove (for removing) into that folder

Reboot but with the patched boot - on that next booting Magisk will find the file and disable or remove the given module

OtangeFox or certain unofficial TWRPs , or modules for TWRP also help to disable or remove Magidk modules by the same mechanism (leaving the file there for Magisk to find on next boot) - this way you can do it manually, not depending on additional tools and knowing how and why it actually works

Last edited:
Reactions: garett76

zgfg

Oct 10, 2016
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Xiaomi Mi 11
Thank you!
Solved.
In the /data/adb/ was some folders with unreadable names. But only one included only 3 files, which is the number of my installed magisk modules. After removing them with TWRP file manager and sending patched magisk img phone booted succesfuly. Thank you!
Ok, glad you solved.
But if you have stock MIUI 11, then official TWRP (3.4.0)
https://dl.twrp.me/davinci/
or 3.4.0.2 by brigudav (I prefer since it supports backup/restore for practically all partitions):
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=83090455&postcount=1

should properly see all files and folders on Data and Internal memory.
Don't know for EEA weekly builds or if you flashed DFE (IMO, then specially shouldn't be a problem with unreadable names)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Android10 + MIUI 11]

Use TWRP, its File Manager.
    Navigate to /data/adb/modules
    Each installed module has its folder - recognize by name which folder corresponds to your errant module.
    Put an empty file disable (for disabling) or remove (for removing) into that folder

Reboot but with the patched boot - on that next booting Magisk will find the file and disable or remove the given module

OtangeFox or certain unofficial TWRPs , or modules for TWRP also help to disable or remove Magidk modules by the same mechanism (leaving the file there for Magisk to find on next boot) - this way you can do it manually, not depending on additional tools and knowing how and why it actually works