Question [SOLVED] Android Pay not working on OOS 13 C.20? [NE2213]

Search This thread

maxip

Feb 4, 2008
Hmm - I don't get any messages about 'unsupported cards', just that NFC / contactless isn't recognised by payment terminal.

Very, very annoying !

Reactions: Bubba.sparx

fadexdaout

Oct 13, 2022
I'm suffering this exact issue. NE2215 pro 10, updated to a13 via oxygen updater then to ver c20. i have a work profile installed and Google Pay/Wallet doesn't work, even after a factory reset.

Note that NFC still works e.g. when I use Amex Pay I can pay. Just not anything Google Pay related. Saw a solution online that deleting the work profile / system clone accts would fix it, but not a practical solution for me.

Frustrating. Anyone with a fix?

paperecho

May 22, 2010
Google Pixel 4
OnePlus 8
I don't know if this is a fix or not but mine is now working.

NE2215. Updated to c20. Removed my work profile. Cleared google pay/Google wallet cache. Tested and payment worked. Reinstalled work profile and now payments are working again so far.

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
I'm suffering this exact issue. NE2215 pro 10, updated to a13 via oxygen updater then to ver c20. i have a work profile installed and Google Pay/Wallet doesn't work, even after a factory reset.

Note that NFC still works e.g. when I use Amex Pay I can pay. Just not anything Google Pay related. Saw a solution online that deleting the work profile / system clone accts would fix it, but not a practical solution for me.

Yeah do a factory reset like almost all phone manufacturers recommend after a major update. I am on c20 ne2215 and use nfc and google pay working flawlessly.

gllark

Mar 1, 2015
Munich
OnePlus Nord
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
My device NE2213 on C.20 is not Play Store certified. I guess that´s the reason why I can´t install any credit card or paypal on Google Wallet. Any help to get my device certified? Did already delete data of Google Playstore and Google Play Services and a factory reset, but no success. Bootloader is unlocked, but device is not rooted.

Reactions: Lz3807775t

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
My device NE2213 on C.20 is not Play Store certified. I guess that´s the reason why I can´t install any credit card or paypal on Google Wallet. Any help to get my device certified? Did already delete data of Google Playstore and Google Play Services and a factory reset, but no success. Bootloader is unlocked, but device is not rooted.
That's it right there. Bootloader is unlocked. The Google play services and store will recognize that and cause the pay to not work. Want it to work? Relock bootloader or try rooting and using the modules to see if it works.

Bubba.sparx

Jan 16, 2013
Basildon
I've got an locked OnePlus 10 pro and Google wallet is not working since update. I've read it's been a problem with pixel and Samsung phones as well. OnePlus/Google need to fix it fast as it's an essential service.

the_rooter

Aug 3, 2014
Olean
I've got an locked OnePlus 10 pro and Google wallet is not working since update. I've read it's been a problem with pixel and Samsung phones as well. OnePlus/Google need to fix it fast as it's an essential service.
Again look at my post above. With a big update like this a factory reset is recommended. I am on a locked OnePlus 10 pro and google wallet is working flawless. I am gonna guess 99% u didn't factory reset.

fadexdaout

Oct 13, 2022
Found a workaround solution that may work for some of you, tested and it works!

1 Disable Google pay/wallet as your default NFC app - choose any other option like Amex pay or others

2 Toggle NFC off and on just to be sure

3 Open your GPay app manually, you should see the card you want to pay with, then tap on the terminal as normal

Hope this helps. My set is NE2215 , c20 with active work profile. No. Factory reset and other solutions didn't work.

Last edited:

gllark

Mar 1, 2015
Munich
OnePlus Nord
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
For all who aren´t able to add a credit card to Google Wallet with rooted devices on C.20. It works with Magisk if you:

1. install modules safetynet-fix and hide-props-config (latest versions)
2. set magisk hide and enable zygisk
3. force deny list check Google Play, Google Play Services, Google Wallet
4. open a terminal app (I used termux with command "su") and type in "props"
5. be patient until props shows its alternatives, then choose fingerprint of "Google 6 Pro" and set this as the default one
6. delete complete data of above mentioned Google apps
7. reboot and check in Google Playstore if device is shown as "certified" or latest Google Play Update is shown
8. optional check safetynet status with Yasnac etc.

But you should be good from this on. You can use Google Wallet as expected. I did a factory reset before the process, but I´m not sure if this is necessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: fozzy056 and Prant

maxip

Feb 4, 2008

1 Disable Google pay/wallet as your default NFC app - choose any other option like Amex pay or others

3 Open your GPay app manually, you should see the card you want to pay with, then tap on the terminal as normal

Hope this helps. My set is NE2215 , c20 with active work profile. No. Factory reset and other solutions didn't work.
So do you leave Amex as the default NFC app (i.e. you have to open Wallet when you want to pay) or make it default again when you open it ?

Really hoping this works 🤞

maddler

Sadly I didn't find any other app to replace Wallet.
I'm in Ireland, if anyone has any suggestion.

Bubba.sparx

Jan 16, 2013
Basildon

I've got the same issue, I don't have any work profiles and it's still not working. I've got it NE2211 but using it in the UK with Google wallet without issues before upgrading to Oxygen OS 13.

maddler

So, I'm among the ones with no work profile and experiencing the issue.
Looks like I managed to FIX IT!!!
  • Disabled multiple users
  • Disabled (and deleted) system cloner profile
Not sure which one made the trick, suspect it was the system cloner which I'd expect to work in way closer to the work profiles, will try a the next payment 😁 but at least Wallet is back working!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I'm among the ones with no work profile and experiencing the issue.
    Looks like I managed to FIX IT!!!
    • Disabled multiple users
    • Disabled (and deleted) system cloner profile
    Not sure which one made the trick, suspect it was the system cloner which I'd expect to work in way closer to the work profiles, will try a the next payment 😁 but at least Wallet is back working!!!

For all who aren´t able to add a credit card to Google Wallet with rooted devices on C.20. It works with Magisk if you:

1. install modules safetynet-fix and hide-props-config (latest versions)
    2. set magisk hide and enable zygisk
    3. force deny list check Google Play, Google Play Services, Google Wallet
    4. open a terminal app (I used termux with command "su") and type in "props"
    5. be patient until props shows its alternatives, then choose fingerprint of "Google 6 Pro" and set this as the default one
    6. delete complete data of above mentioned Google apps
    7. reboot and check in Google Playstore if device is shown as "certified" or latest Google Play Update is shown
    8. optional check safetynet status with Yasnac etc.

But you should be good from this on. You can use Google Wallet as expected. I did a factory reset before the process, but I´m not sure if this is necessary.
    LOL! Got the update like 1h after finding the fix myself! Thank you OnePlus! :ROFLMAO:
    I still couldn't get any fix to work but C21 has fixed it for me (thankfully).
    Well, C21, which is rolling out also fixed it :p