• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question [SOLVED/ANSWERED] Cross flashing Oneplus 9 Global to EU [Yes you can.]

Search This thread

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm on global and getting monthly updates and two this month almost back to back. I don't understand why you would want to attempt this. Anything is possible with these unlocked devices though now. And most of us have msm tools available if not. I love my device the way it is. Good luck!

MoHed

Dec 11, 2009
The Web
Has anyone done this? I would like to use the EU version, because of the lack of apps and full updates coming out faster.
Fully agree.
Yes done and easy. Done it 2 months ago. (Updated 3 times).
Just put the FULL EU version on your SD and local flash .... Done
Or better still; use Oxygen updater from the play store and change your device to EU version. EU updates will be automatic from now on.

Fully agree.
Or better still; use Oxygen updater from the play store and change your device to EU version. EU updates will be automatic from now on.
Can i go from DA to Full EU?

The DA is global correct?

Disregard this.... Figured it out. Im a schmart dummy

Last edited:
Reactions: kitcostantino
I'm on global and getting monthly updates and two this month almost back to back. I don't understand why you would want to attempt this. Anything is possible with these unlocked devices though now. And most of us have msm tools available if not. I love my device the way it is. Good luck!

I get the updates for the Global one, too, but there are a couple issues. The last full global update is a few versions back. I am rooted with Magisk, and the last time I did a restore in Magisk, updated OTA, and Magisk direct install into inactive boot I had to restore back to AA 2.4.4 using fastboot and OTA update before re-rooting.

The two reasons I was thinking about going to the EU versoin is that it lacks some bloat that the EU laws made possible, and that updates seem to be very up to date.

Fully agree.

Yes. I would only use FULL update files. This isn't my first time. LOL. I also DD'ed the Persist partition into an img. Does the EU version have the local update in System Updates? Just curious. I saw that the TMO version does not. I ask because my typical upgrade path, that I did on the OP6T, was restore boot img in Magisk, install using the local upgrade, and Install to Inactive Slot in Magisk. (Edit: Yes it does) Is there a MSM Tool for the Global, just in case? (Edit: Found MSM in XDA forums for OP9)

Edit: I just did the upgrade to BA/EU version. I went from AA 2.5.5 to BA 2.5.5. Didn't wipe the data and seems to work fine! Now on 11.2.6.6 LE25BA!!!!!! My upgrade from BA 2.5.5 to BA 2.6.6 worked perfectly.

One more question. Does anyone know why OnePlus is using the Google OTA servers on the AA version? If this was not the case, then I would not be looking into doing this.

Last edited:

AA is Global
DA is India
BA is EU

From this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-9-rom-ota-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4254579/ I would say you should not crossflash the DA version.

Quote from the thread: "Furthermore, Indian units (LE2111) lack wireless charging, therefore it may not be possible for them to crossflash to EU or global build."

Last edited:
It came in the Box with Oxygen. Also I do have wireless charging.

Ive been on BA when I did 1.2.5.5

Only thing im tryna figure out is the best signal. Which one has the nest signal for Google Fi(which they dont support OnePlus 9) it runs on T-Mobile. I get about 50mb a sec which aint to bad.

So the Chinese and India unit both have DA? One just has wireless charging I assume

doessrc

Jun 6, 2021
It came in the Box with Oxygen. Also I do have wireless charging.

Ive been on BA when I did 1.2.5.5

Only thing im tryna figure out is the best signal. Which one has the nest signal for Google Fi(which they dont support OnePlus 9) it runs on T-Mobile. I get about 50mb a sec which aint to bad.

So the Chinese and India unit both have DA? One just has wireless charging I assume
To my understanding, neither the China phone LE2110 (ColorOS) nor the India phone LE2111 (OxygenOS - DA version) have wireless charging. If you convert from ColorOS to OxygenOS, the downgrade process outlined on XDA (which is awesome) converts you to the DA version. I just did it last night with no issue.

I'm now on 11.2.2.2.LE25DA and getting prompts to update via OTA to 11.2.7.7.LE25DA

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9 Pro
Anyone have the Full OTA of 11.2.7.7 AA?

Or is there anyway to downgrade to 1.2.4.4?

I would like to try the Global version
One plus does . Run through payload extractor and flash the partitions.

RoyiA

Jan 6, 2017
What's the difference between the Global Version and the Europe Version?
Which one has Built In Call Recording?

chinbags

Jul 13, 2010
New York
Fully agree.
When I change my device to EU version I'm getting a warning message that I've selected the wrong device and that my system is up to date even though I have the prompt for 11.2.7.7 - is this normal?

Also when you say to local flash - what tool are you using to do this or are you already rooted?

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
When I change my device to EU version I'm getting a warning message that I've selected the wrong device and that my system is up to date even though I have the prompt for 11.2.7.7 - is this normal?

Also when you say to local flash - what tool are you using to do this or are you already rooted?

I believe he means the local upgrade. So, you download the full rom to your phone, then choose local upgrade in software update in settings on the phone itself.

Please be sure you have the right file and know exactly what to do and when, cos I'm not responsible for a bricked device.

Reactions: chinbags

chinbags

Jul 13, 2010
New York
I believe he means the local upgrade. So, you download the full rom to your phone, then choose local upgrade in software update in settings on the phone itself.

Please be sure you have the right file and know exactly what to do and when, cos I'm not responsible for a bricked device.
Thanks. So I figured it out. You need to also select advanced settings in the updater app to allow the upgrade to a different regional Rom - or at least it only worked for me when I did that. I'm now on 11.2.7.7ba.
Cheers

kitcostantino

Mar 21, 2011
Mayberry
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
I have my own weird question about my unlocked AA 8/128. So perusing the interwebs, I found a dual sim tray. My Tmob sim was not recognized in the second slot with my visible sim in the primary. Does the EU version support dual sim? I ask bc my battle plan is to back up modems, etc in TWRP, flash EU firmware, and then restore modems. Anyone think my logic is sound and that will work if I want Visible and Mint on the same op9? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Has anyone done this? I would like to use the EU version, because of the lack of apps and full updates coming out faster.
    Fully agree.

I get the updates for the Global one, too, but there are a couple issues. The last full global update is a few versions back. I am rooted with Magisk, and the last time I did a restore in Magisk, updated OTA, and Magisk direct install into inactive boot I had to restore back to AA 2.4.4 using fastboot and OTA update before re-rooting.

The two reasons I was thinking about going to the EU versoin is that it lacks some bloat that the EU laws made possible, and that updates seem to be very up to date.

Fully agree.

Yes. I would only use FULL update files. This isn't my first time. LOL. I also DD'ed the Persist partition into an img. Does the EU version have the local update in System Updates? Just curious. I saw that the TMO version does not. I ask because my typical upgrade path, that I did on the OP6T, was restore boot img in Magisk, install using the local upgrade, and Install to Inactive Slot in Magisk. (Edit: Yes it does) Is there a MSM Tool for the Global, just in case? (Edit: Found MSM in XDA forums for OP9)

Edit: I just did the upgrade to BA/EU version. I went from AA 2.5.5 to BA 2.5.5. Didn't wipe the data and seems to work fine! Now on 11.2.6.6 LE25BA!!!!!! My upgrade from BA 2.5.5 to BA 2.6.6 worked perfectly.

One more question. Does anyone know why OnePlus is using the Google OTA servers on the AA version? If this was not the case, then I would not be looking into doing this.
    Anyone have the Full OTA of 11.2.7.7 AA?

Or is there anyway to downgrade to 1.2.4.4?

I would like to try the Global version
    One plus does . Run through payload extractor and flash the partitions.