Solved Bluetooth Audio Streaming Problem [CM10][I9300 International]

Poll

• Total voters
Search This thread

pknoe3lh

Oct 12, 2008
Hello

I have investigated the problem for one week and found a solution for me :)

The Problem is the short distance of the Bluetooth audio transmission!

There are two settings file for the BCM4334 WIFI BLUETOOTH IC and it seems that it depends on the phone which is better.
For me it sadly was not the common used for CM10 nightly!

So i build two CWM files for you to test the differences.
Maybe we can find out on what it depend :)

I bought my S3 in Austria (the carrieris H3G) and for me bcm4334_semcosh works fine!

greetings
Patrick

Attachments

• bcm4334_murata.zip
    161.8 KB · Views: 2,308
  • bcm4334_semcosh.zip
    161.8 KB · Views: 2,620

mfg213

Aug 10, 2010
Hi Patrick

So. I had i fine working BT audio streaming with cm 10. Then Changed to cm10.1. BT-connection was crap.
Flashed both of your files.
Aaaaaand: tataaa. the second one seems to work for me.

Thanx a lot!

tux821

May 25, 2012
On CM10 I had excellend bluetooth audio streaming up to +/- 6 metre, on CM10.1 audio is (just) ok with max distance +/- 1 metre.

For who want to know, the Samsung bluetooth firmware files (bcm4334*) wrapped in the two packages in the first post are also in the CM 10.1 rom, see screenshot or browse to /system/bin/

Seems like the murata version is installed by default by CM 10.1.

I did a manual copy, rename and a reboot to try both files (e.g. to try the murata version, copy bcm4334_murata.hcd to bcm4334.hcd).

Both files give me the same performance I had already, sound is ok and max distance still +/- 1 metre.
5ebamupa.jpg

Last edited:

Planet X

May 10, 2008
Amersfoort
Thank you so much for your help. Finally I am able to use cm10.1 on my SGS3. Also for me the bcm4334_semcosh fixed the problem. I can leave my Phone in my pocket while driving.

New problem:
But now I have the problem that when i have had a call in the car I have no sound coming out the speaker when I get called or receive mail for example. The phone needs a reboot to get sound back. Cm10.1 b.t.w. Am I the only one?

Last edited:

fold93

Aug 7, 2012
Hi there!

I'm on CM 10 on my SGS 3 too and have the problem of not being able to pair with my car's radio.

The two files didn't help, still can't pair.. it simply gets stuck at "Pairing.." in the Settings app.

I'm also using an austrian SGS3 (unlocked) with Siyah kernel and CM 10..

Any suggestions?

Greetings from another Patrik :p

beardymarrow

Oct 23, 2011
Hi there!

I'm on CM 10 on my SGS 3 too and have the problem of not being able to pair with my car's radio.

The two files didn't help, still can't pair.. it simply gets stuck at "Pairing.." in the Settings app.

I'm also using an austrian SGS3 (unlocked) with Siyah kernel and CM 10..

Any suggestions?

Greetings from another Patrik :p

Try stock cm kernel.

Click thanks if I've helped. Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium.

alongcor

Nov 16, 2008
No Cell Data

I'm using Galaxy S3 Verizon with cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2vzw-M1

I flashed both of these files using ClockWork Mod. Neither helped my performance. I still have very poor Bluetooth A2DP audio and it will cut out after about a minute of playing.

The bigger issue I'm having is that I now get zero cell phone reception. I can't make calls, send texts, or use cell data. Wifi, GPS, and bluetooth all work. I had the phone in airplane mode when I flashed the first file, but I'm thinking that wouldn't have affected it.

Any ideas on how to get back to the original bcm4334 file?

Thanks

pknoe3lh

Oct 12, 2008
I'm using Galaxy S3 Verizon with cm-10.1-20130121-EXPERIMENTAL-d2vzw-M1

I flashed both of these files using ClockWork Mod. Neither helped my performance. I still have very poor Bluetooth A2DP audio and it will cut out after about a minute of playing.

The bigger issue I'm having is that I now get zero cell phone reception. I can't make calls, send texts, or use cell data. Wifi, GPS, and bluetooth all work. I had the phone in airplane mode when I flashed the first file, but I'm thinking that wouldn't have affected it.

Any ideas on how to get back to the original bcm4334 file?

Thanks

just flash the custom rom again and the file will be overridden ;)

alongcor

Nov 16, 2008
just flash the custom rom again and the file will be overridden ;)

Thanks for the reply. I actually did that and after the reboot I still don't have cell service. I even backed up all my apps and settings with Titanium. Wiped all user data and wiped cache, then flashed again. After doing the initial setup after the reboot, I still don't have cell service. I'm going to try to flash a different version of CM10.1, one of the nightly's and see if that helps any. I wish I would have done a full backup with CWM before flashing that bluetooth file :(

pknoe3lh

Oct 12, 2008
Thanks for the reply. I actually did that and after the reboot I still don't have cell service. I even backed up all my apps and settings with Titanium. Wiped all user data and wiped cache, then flashed again. After doing the initial setup after the reboot, I still don't have cell service. I'm going to try to flash a different version of CM10.1, one of the nightly's and see if that helps any. I wish I would have done a full backup with CWM before flashing that bluetooth file :(

hm
yes a full wipe dont help :(
but if you flash CM again it is for sure overridden!
So your problem have another source.
I would guess you had flashed an other radio rom (CM dont come with Radio so new flashing has no effect on radio rom)
Also call problems are independent of the bluetooth hardware ...

I would recommend you to flash the orginal rom again and then rood again and then again flash CM but be careful as flashing is risky ;)

greetings Patrick

alongcor

Nov 16, 2008
Yeah I'm starting to think it was a just a coincidence that it stopped working when it did. From other threads I've found the best bet will be to indeed flash back to stock ROM and then back to CM. I'm downloading the stock ROM now found here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1762204

The only thing I did was flashed that semcosh.zip file using CWM though, so I'm not sure how that would have affected my radio.
Good thing it's a slow day in the office! Also, I think I'm just going to use wired headphones from now on!

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

Just an update. I downloaded that root66.tar and flashed it with Odin. Did a full data wipe after (because it was stuck on the Verizon 4g splash screen). Still didn't have cell connection. Then did the step 2 on this page:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=35600769&postcount=2

Open the dialer and enter *2767*3855#

After it did some other sort of factory reset, I finally have cell connection again. And all before I leave work for the day.

pichualvarez

Oct 16, 2011
Same issue here

Thank you so much for youthe latest version available todayr help. Finally I am able to use cm10.1 on my SGS3. Also for me the bcm4334_semcosh fixed the problem. I can leave my Phone in my pocket while driving.

New problem:
But now I have the problem that when i have had a call in the car I have no sound coming out the speaker when I get called or receive mail for example. The phone needs a reboot to get sound back. Cm10.1 b.t.w. Am I the only one?

I have the same problem as you. When I disconnect from the car, all notification sounds are lost, BUT I've realized that you don't need to reboot. If you recieve a call to your phone (no email, sms or whatsapp, only a call will do the trick), it will actually ring and from then on, notifications go back to normal. It's not actually a fix, but until one comes out, it makes this issue a little less a pain in the ass.

Hope this helps. If anyone knows how to fix this for real then help is largely appreciated.

PS. My first custom ROM in S3 was CM10.1 nightly (the latest version available today) so I can't tell what happened before, but except for the mentioned issue and maybe a subtle loss in streaming quality, BT pairs and streams quite alright. Oh, and the media system in my car (Citröen C4) used to show artist and song name while streaming and doesn't anymore.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello

I have investigated the problem for one week and found a solution for me :)

The Problem is the short distance of the Bluetooth audio transmission!

There are two settings file for the BCM4334 WIFI BLUETOOTH IC and it seems that it depends on the phone which is better.
    For me it sadly was not the common used for CM10 nightly!

So i build two CWM files for you to test the differences.
    Maybe we can find out on what it depend :)

I bought my S3 in Austria (the carrieris H3G) and for me bcm4334_semcosh works fine!

greetings
    Patrick
    You saved my day! I now use "murata" with my Galaxy S3 and Cyanogenmod CM11/M3. After 20 min no problem anymore!!
    Before I hab massive problems with winamp and glitches with apollo. I use a Arctic P311 headset over bluetooth.

So if you have stuttering audio over bluetooth, give it a try (recreate zip with the version from your phone).
    This works for me! Used the second zip file listed (bcm4334_semcosh.zip) and it did the trick. Tried streaming some music from about 5m from the receiver, no problems at all! Thanks OP!
    Sry
    I'm still with CM10.2
    But as far as I know, CM11 does ship versions of murata and semcosh.
    So you could use these files.
    They're under /system/bin/ and the filename starts with bcm4334.
    Fileextension is .hcd

Copy the 3 bcm4334 files to a computer.
    Check their Checksum to see which one you're using (you can do this with 7-zip).
    If bcm4334.hcd is the same as the semcosh file, you're using semcosh.
    If not, you're using murata.
    Grab one of the .zip files from me or OP and unzip them.
    Replace the bcm4334-file with the one you want to use (the one you're NOT using right now).
    Make shure you named the new file bcm4334.hcd
    zip the whole thing without compression and without a password.
    Now you can use this .zip to flash in CWM.

Or replace the files live, with remounting the system-partition as rw.

Be shure to make a nandroid-backup before messing with the system.

-ronin18

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Sry
    I'm still with CM10.2
    But as far as I know, CM11 does ship versions of murata and semcosh.
    So you could use these files.
    They're under /system/bin/ and the filename starts with bcm4334.
    Fileextension is .hcd

Copy the 3 bcm4334 files to a computer.
    Check their Checksum to see which one you're using (you can do this with 7-zip).
    If bcm4334.hcd is the same as the semcosh file, you're using semcosh.
    If not, you're using murata.
    Grab one of the .zip files from me or OP and unzip them.
    Replace the bcm4334-file with the one you want to use (the one you're NOT using right now).
    Make shure you named the new file bcm4334.hcd
    zip the whole thing without compression and without a password.
    Now you can use this .zip to flash in CWM.

Or replace the files live, with remounting the system-partition as rw.

Be shure to make a nandroid-backup before messing with the system.

-ronin18

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks! The files in this thread have a different filesize of those in CM11, so I guess it's not wise to use the CM10-versions in CM11?
    I checked the files and replaced the hcd with murata. Tonight when I drive home we'll know if it works :)

Murata saved the day. No more FC's, no more Freezes. I can now play music and call again :)

THANKS!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone