• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SOLVED] Bricked after an UPDATE or HARD RESET (can not get into recovery mode)

Search This thread

XDHx86

Nov 1, 2017
openuserjs.org
Samsung Galaxy Star
AThanks might try it out if this one gets funky again but so far everything is going smooth
Almost forgot about it, please add "[SOLVED]" to the beginning of the thread title and edit the first post with your exact issue and as detailed as possible steps about how you solved it. So you can help others who may come here in the future.

Reactions: NikoWulf

laszlov79

May 16, 2021
try booting into recovery if both don't work i am sorry but you are in trouble mate
Hi NikoWulf,

The phone recovery doesn't work, but i'm able to start EDL mode with testpoint. I'd like to flash, but MiFlash tool says: you are not authorized to download.
How can i flash the phone? Where can i get MiFlash Tool without online authorization?

NikoWulf

Mar 13, 2021
Redmi 7A
bad news guys: i was at the gym and my phone stopped working all of a sudden, so i decided to u know power it off..
it won't turn on anymore at all
no matter what i try not even disconnecting battery nothing... tried charging like that no reaction whatsoever I am gonna leave it on while charging
this phone... sucks

XDHx86

Nov 1, 2017
openuserjs.org
Samsung Galaxy Star
bad news guys: i was at the gym and my phone stopped working all of a sudden, so i decided to u know power it off..
it won't turn on anymore at all
no matter what i try not even disconnecting battery nothing... tried charging like that no reaction whatsoever I am gonna leave it on while charging
this phone... sucks
IDK why kind of damage - If any - happened to your device, but I recommend disconnecting the battery, the motherboard may be shorted that's why.
Did you assemble it correctly? Try testing the battery with the multimeter and see if it's charging.

NikoWulf

Mar 13, 2021
Redmi 7A
IDK why kind of damage - If any - happened to your device, but I recommend disconnecting the battery, the motherboard may be shorted that's why.
Did you assemble it correctly? Try testing the battery with the multimeter and see if it's charging.
imma leave it on charging whole night yeah dude like srsly man once i am done with one bs harder one shows up like literally
i have no idea tf is going on but whatever man

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE: The issue was resolved and here is the [SOLUTION]​
    first of all lets start with the problem, it doesn't matter if it's just hard reset loop or update loop problem, I actually did both, here's a thing this main issue comes with updates but somehow this time recovery mode was completely destroyed, so there is no escape you can only access fastboot which is a good thing in a way, follow the steps to unbrick your phone.
    -if you can access recovery mode just download modified miflashpro and flash downloaded rom using it.
    REQUIRMENTS: PC,USB CABLE,INTERNET CONNECTION.

SOLUTION:​

1. Install ADB on your PC with all the necessary drivers for your phone
    2. Turn off your phone completely, press and hold volume down and power button together to go into fastboot mode
    3. once you are in fastboot mode connect usb to phone and open cmd from adb directory and type in: fastboot devices (if device serial number is shown in fastboot mode everything is good so far... if not go to DEVICE MANAGER in your pc and check if driver is installed properly if anything ADB drivers and ANDROID USB drivers will come handy to install them manually)
    4. now type in: fastboot continue
    1615699500400.png

5. your device will boot into system if it fails try going into fastboot mode and going with fastboot continue command again try until it boot ups into safe mode
    6. eventually it will boot into safe mode system without your files being touched because nor update nor hard reset was completed fully, phone will be in airplane mode.
    7. DO NOT TURN ON WIFI OR MOBILE DATA it will crash your phone, if your phone storage is full remove some stuff plus the apps.
    8. Turn on USB DEBUGGING,OEM UNLOCK MODE. open file transfers and download apk of MIUI updater from pc to your phone ( LATEST VERSION ) and install it.
    9. now DEACTIVATE AIRPLANE MODE and turn on WIFI FROM SETTINGS
    10. once you got internet connection wait a little bit for all of the notifications and stuff to pop up be careful, once it's all good go to settings about phone and system update and CHECK FOR UPDATES
    11. let your phone download the update it should be around 1.7GB depends honestly let it decrypt and once you are ready click on INSTALL NOW.
    12. it will take time to install and reboot will happen many time you might think that it gets stuck at 90.49% but let it finish be patient it happens it just needs time, once everything is done you are good to go
    WELCOME TO MIUI 12
    SIDE NOTE:
    I - MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS CHARGED
    II - I DID TRY EDL TEST POINTS BUT YOU DO NOT NEED TO OPEN UP YOUR PHONE NOR TO DO IT.
    III - BE PATIENT
    well I can't leave it like that until the update cause I can see it's buggy plus I removed SIM
    so airplane mode was deactivated
    activated Wifi it works pretty decent rn laggy a bit but at least I am able to download so lets see where will this update take me
    Well I know I'd want a way out of this fast, so if you're still looking for a way to flash another ROM I think Hydra tool can unlock bootloader through EDL mode.

BOYS phone turned on without a problem ladies and gentleman
    PROBLEM IS SOLVED
    Although if everything is working fine then I advice against it.
    AThanks might try it out if this one gets funky again but so far everything is going smooth
    Almost forgot about it, please add "[SOLVED]" to the beginning of the thread title and edit the first post with your exact issue and as detailed as possible steps about how you solved it. So you can help others who may come here in the future.
    Just woke up will do in 20 minutes lad