[SOLVED]Bypass Google Account Protection after Factory Reset (Galaxy J3)

Search This thread

dinci5

2nd post contains solution.

Hello,

We have a Choose "Your Own Device" policy in our company where users can purchase many devices from a catalogue (Android and iOS).
When employees leave the company, they return the device to IT where it is wiped and handed to the next user if device still has warranty.
Reason I mention that is because I don't want comments like "is it stolen" etc...

How to bypass the Google Account protection when doing a factory reset?
We don't own an OTG cable.

I have tried with the method using SideSync to open Google Chrome and download the APK that opens Settings.
Then, via the Samsung Apps installed a File Explorer to install the APK which actually brings me to settings where I can do a factory reset.
However, that doesn't work. I still get the Google protection after the reset.

Not even sure if it will work with an OTG cable as it would actually do the same thing.

Did anyone successfully bypass this on a Samsung?

Last edited:
Reactions: WLFessa

dinci5

OK, I just managed to bypass this freaking FRP!
Just a combination of different methods I've found.

Phone was:
Samsung Galasy S3 (SM-J320F)
Android 5.1.1
Not sure if this will work in Marshmallow.

What I did:
  1. Downloaded and installed Samsung SideSync on my PC and started it
  2. Start device until you see the Google Account Protection (or whatever you call it)
  3. Connect phone via USB to PC which shows a small popup menu on the phone
  4. From that menu, open Chrome
  5. Browse to: http://rootjunkysdl.com/files/?dir=Apps
  6. Download the file: com.sika524.android.quickshortcut.apk
    6a. This is the Quick Shortcut Maker
  7. Hit the back button until you see the first page in Chrome and hit OK to start the Samsung Apps
    7a. If you closed Chrome, just unplug the USB cable and connect phone again
  8. In Samsung Apps search for ES File Explorer and install it (or any other File Browser)
    8a. You will be prompted to login with your Samsung Account to be able to install the app, just do it
  9. Open ES File Explorer and install the APK that you've downloaded before (it's in the Downloads folder)
  10. Open Quick Shortcut Maker and wait for all apps to populate
  11. Scroll down and tap on "Google Account Manager" to expand it
  12. Scroll down until you see the one with the description "Type Email and Password"
    12a. For some reason I had 2 entries saying "Type Email and Password". I just selected the first one.
  13. Tap "Try"
  14. Go the menu in the right top corner and select "Browser sign-in"
  15. Login with your own Google Account
  16. Hit the "Back" button until you are at the first screen again or at least until the Wi-Fi selection
  17. Now follow the wizard, you have successfully added your own account and the other one is forgotten

nabelar82

Dec 30, 2010
Can't do anything sidesync won't connect my phone or otg not showing any folder any advice?

constantyne

Nov 3, 2012
Your method worked for my J320G

Phone was:
Android 5.1.1

What I did:
  2. Start device until you see the Google Account Protection (or whatever you call it)
  7. Hit the back button until you see the first page in Chrome and hit OK to start the Samsung Apps
  8. In Samsung Apps search for ES File Explorer and install it (or any other File Browser)
    8a. You will be prompted to login with your Samsung Account to be able to install the app, just do it
  9. Open ES File Explorer and install the APK that you've downloaded before (it's in the Downloads folder)
  12. Scroll down until you see the one with the description "Type Email and Password"
    12a. For some reason I had 2 entries saying "Type Email and Password". I just selected the first one.
  13. Tap "Try"
  16. Hit the "Back" button until you are at the first screen again or at least until the Wi-Fi selection
  17. Now follow the wizard, you have successfully added your own account and the other one is forgotten

Worked like magic. Now I can use my phone again.

NebraskaJ

Nov 26, 2013

Phone was:
Android 5.1.1

What I did:
  13. Tap "Try"

This worked flawlessly on a Galaxy Grand Prime. Thanks!

dadayoyo04

Aug 23, 2017
thankz, its working

Hello,

We have a Choose "Your Own Device" policy in our company where users can purchase many devices from a catalogue (Android and iOS).
When employees leave the company, they return the device to IT where it is wiped and handed to the next user if device still has warranty.
Reason I mention that is because I don't want comments like "is it stolen" etc...

I have tried with the method using SideSync to open Google Chrome and download the APK that opens Settings.
Then, via the Samsung Apps installed a File Explorer to install the APK which actually brings me to settings where I can do a factory reset.

Not even sure if it will work with an OTG cable as it would actually do the same thing.

Did anyone successfully bypass this on a Samsung?[thankz its working in my O+]

Reactions: Maginyou1

cmzizi

Jul 14, 2013
Bulawayo
www.cmzizi.com

Phone was:
Android 5.1.1

What I did:
  13. Tap "Try"

I love you man......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS

Oct 15, 2013
Lewisville
????

Don't worry there is a lot more ways to unlock Factory Reset Protection from Samsung devices. You may try the guide Bypass Factory Reset Protection from Samsung devices using latest method. It works for all devices, check the method and apply it. Peace!

There is no way that this method could work on the SM-J327T1. This phone did not come out until 2016 and the link you provided show that any firmware before 12/01/2015?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy#Samsung_Galaxy_J

arvinaquio

Dec 22, 2014
Valenzuela
On the add wifi menu, just input any letter then select it all or long press until context menu will pop out. select google assist. type settings or use google speech to search for settings. select the settings then go to accounts, add samsung account. either log in existing account of create new account. follow on screen instructions and required fields to be issued. when done, restart your phone. Factory protection should be skipped and "account added" message will appear. follow final procedure for setting up your phone.

Reactions: noidodroid

WLFessa

Jul 22, 2014

Hello,

thanks that was the only way on my j5 2015 fully updated

arfanakustik

Apr 9, 2018

Hello,

oasisfleeting

Jul 30, 2015
I found my way passed this by dialing an emergency number from the emergency call dialer.
After dialing 112 swiping left gives you access to other features one of which is email.
Once you are into email messaging you can set up a legit email account and send an email.
From the email composition form you can attach things like documents and more importantly your current location to the email.
Once you attach your location you are prompted to confirm all of the location permission and taken to the gps menu and towards the bottom you will find a button for Google Location History.
Clicking this button brings you to an empty page with a 3 dot menu at the top right and from there you can view/manage location history, which opens your access to google maps.
From google maps go ahead and type in any destination as if you're navigating in your car , get directions and begin your journey.
Once you are enroute to your chosen destination hit the microphone at the top right and say "open google". This brings up the Google Search APP which allows access to settings -> security -> unknown sources -> back to Google Search App -> type in Chrome -> open browser -> search for "rootjunkysdl frp" -> install GoogleAccountManager6,apk -> install and open rootjunkysfrpbypass.apk -> 3 dot menu top right -> sign in with browser -> back to settings -> backup and reset -> set backup account -> back to setupWizard or reboot phone -> walk through setupwizard and account added / profit.

Reactions: noidodroid

insanityxxx

Jul 28, 2018
emergency call

I found my way passed this by dialing an emergency number from the emergency call dialer.
After dialing 112 swiping left gives you access to other features one of which is email.
Once you are into email messaging you can set up a legit email account and send an email.
From the email composition form you can attach things like documents and more importantly your current location to the email.
Once you attach your location you are prompted to confirm all of the location permission and taken to the gps menu and towards the bottom you will find a button for Google Location History.
Clicking this button brings you to an empty page with a 3 dot menu at the top right and from there you can view/manage location history, which opens your access to google maps.
From google maps go ahead and type in any destination as if you're navigating in your car , get directions and begin your journey.
Once you are enroute to your chosen destination hit the microphone at the top right and say "open google". This brings up the Google Search APP which allows access to settings -> security -> unknown sources -> back to Google Search App -> type in Chrome -> open browser -> search for "rootjunkysdl frp" -> install GoogleAccountManager6,apk -> install and open rootjunkysfrpbypass.apk -> 3 dot menu top right -> sign in with browser -> back to settings -> backup and reset -> set backup account -> back to setupWizard or reboot phone -> walk through setupwizard and account added / profit.

:confused: can u please explain what u do during emergency call? like ok u get to email...but how? what did u tap?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Phone was:
    Android 5.1.1

What I did:
    13. Tap "Try"

Hello,

thankz, its working

Hello,

On the add wifi menu, just input any letter then select it all or long press until context menu will pop out. select google assist. type settings or use google speech to search for settings. select the settings then go to accounts, add samsung account. either log in existing account of create new account. follow on screen instructions and required fields to be issued. when done, restart your phone. Factory protection should be skipped and "account added" message will appear. follow final procedure for setting up your phone.