[Solved] cant get adb on ubuntu 10.10 maverick

Search This thread

ldrifta

Mar 15, 2011
Lynn, Mass
Solved:

thanks to a good friend of mine he directed me to this file on GRP dev-site
http://greenromproject.com/showthread.php?269-ADB-The-Easier-Way
open this file in ubuntu software manager, let the package install and reboot system, then adb should work in any directory :D

Original Post:

ok guys i really didn't want to do this... i followed over 6 different guides now and am getting confused.. there too many methods and they all do not work.... i keep getting .../adb no such file or directory

i spent the last 2 days trying to set up adb on my 10.10 ubuntu, 64-bit system... i edited the bashrc file with the correct path, even typed it in myself because of known issues with ' " ' those things.. i also made the 71-android.rules file with about 3 different variations of this
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="0bb4", MODE="0666", GROUP="plugdev"
reboot the system, i ran adb kill-server and sudo adb start-server and im still getting message saying .../adb no such file or directory...

only thing i can think of to cause an issue is i updated the system, (not upgrade to 11.04) only update!! installed java jdk and all the needed parts for compiling roms... but just cant seem to get adb working :(

has anyone else had this type of issue or know how to solve it...? sdk version r12

please someone help

Last edited:

AndDiSa

Dec 2, 2009
Heidelberg
i keep getting .../adb no such file or directory

If you get this message, there is no need to look for autoconfig rules or something else, you need to check your path. Try to type
Code:
which adb
if adb cannot be found, you should do a
Code:
export PATH=$PATH:<path to your adb directory>
after that you should be fine for starting adb. If you would like to have it in your path permanently, you shoud add the line above to you .profile file in your home directory.

ldrifta

Mar 15, 2011
Lynn, Mass
yeah i already did all that... added the correct path and everything... i tried all these diff methods and none worked, and none were even close to the same as far as what to add to bashrc and the rules.. but i got the issue solved thanks to a file i installed via update manager... rebooted system and adb worked fine :D