Question [SOLVED] cant get past thru Mi account verification

Search This thread
hi everyone,

i was wiping data off my redmi note 10 5g, i was completely aware about the mi account lock (this):
1664315653433.png

I tried to log in then it let me in into setup wizard and immediately reappeared the same screen of the mi account lock. So, I basically put the right verification code and credentials of my MI Account and it wouldnt let me in to setup my phone.
I tried logging in more 3 times and the same thing over and over again, I even tried flashing a GSI just to realize the mi account lock is either connected to the phone's IMEI - as i have read somewhere in xda - or whatever Xiaomi decided to make up in their heads.

This has happened to me when I did the same thing - and the most weird thing is that, few months ago, I was testing a GSI coming from miui with my MI account, and then reflashed MIUI back again and no MI account lock popped up, being the same account since I ever got the phone, even though I tried to flash a GSI to see if it would solve it.

I even locked it by trying out the Find My Device and it let me in perfectly fine.

And yes, this has unlocked bootloader, but the 2 phrases above also was when I had it unlocked, and even with root.

I dont know what to do anymore, recovery flashing just doesnt work too, it doesnt detect my device, and I please ask for some help to be fast too, I appreciate it.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
hi everyone,

i was wiping data off my redmi note 10 5g, i was completely aware about the mi account lock (this):
View attachment 5721901

I tried to log in then it let me in into setup wizard and immediately reappeared the same screen of the mi account lock. So, I basically put the right verification code and credentials of my MI Account and it wouldnt let me in to setup my phone.
I tried logging in more 3 times and the same thing over and over again, I even tried flashing a GSI just to realize the mi account lock is either connected to the phone's IMEI - as i have read somewhere in xda - or whatever Xiaomi decided to make up in their heads.

This has happened to me when I did the same thing - and the most weird thing is that, few months ago, I was testing a GSI coming from miui with my MI account, and then reflashed MIUI back again and no MI account lock popped up, being the same account since I ever got the phone, even though I tried to flash a GSI to see if it would solve it.

I even locked it by trying out the Find My Device and it let me in perfectly fine.

And yes, this has unlocked bootloader, but the 2 phrases above also was when I had it unlocked, and even with root.

I dont know what to do anymore, recovery flashing just doesnt work too, it doesnt detect my device, and I please ask for some help to be fast too, I appreciate it.
Just in case, you should connect to the Wi-Fi. and then activate your Mi account, the Mobile data doesn´t work.

Open Mi account in a PC, and check if you are not missing something.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
its not about that. i cant verify it, I put the right code, my mi account credentials, and it doesnt work. it just re-appears the same screen after I do everything right, even changed my mi account password 3 times, verified both with phone and email

check the gif for example below

(its imgur and only the gif just for you guys to understand)
Sign in Xiaomi/Mi account, go to /Signing in and Security/Manage Devices/Your device, then click on it, and Delete device, you will sign in out from your Xiaomi account, and you have to restart your device.

Just keep in mind, that the same that it could be, actually happening, if your device was linked to another Mi account, in the past, being for a previous user, or the seller did need to unlock it by any means, it won't work, otherwise, definitely, it has to work.

Sign in Xiaomi/Mi account, go to /Signing in and Security/Manage Devices/Your device, then click on it, and Delete device, you will sign in out from your Xiaomi account, and you have to restart your device.

Just keep in mind, that the same that it could be, actually happening, if your device was linked to another Mi account, in the past, being for a previous user, or the seller did need to unlock it by any means, it won't work, otherwise, definitely, it has to work.
nope, sadly no work, it had the device on my mi account but even after removing it, it did the same thing where I verified and it would reapper the same screen.
this is the only account of xiaomi i have, that ive ever used since i first got this phone, and it wasnt bought from anyone nor even used (i dont know where it was bought tho since it was a gift, but it came with the box and everything in it normally and was never mi locked)

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
nope, sadly no work, it had the device on my mi account but even after removing it, it did the same thing where I verified and it would reapper the same screen.
this is the only account of xiaomi i have, that ive ever used since i first got this phone, and it wasnt bought from anyone nor even used (i dont know where it was bought tho since it was a gift, but it came with the box and everything in it normally and was never mi locked)
Check the IMEI from the box, and compare with https://www.mi.com/global/verify/#/en/tab/imei, if the model is the same as it is supposed to.

Try to go to recovery mode, for that, power off device, then press volume up + PWR buttons, and wipe data, see if it helps.

Check the IMEI from the box, and compare with https://www.mi.com/global/verify/#/en/tab/imei, if the model is the same as it is supposed to.

Try to go to recovery mode, for that, power off device, then press volume up + PWR buttons, and wipe data, see if it helps.
it is the same model and i know about it, also wiping data does absolutely nothing, did it over 3 times, this is probably connected to the phone's imei or whatever. its probably unrecoverable without going to a service center anyways or using a GSI rather than miui.

wonder why your solution to remove the device from my mi account didnt work, even after verifying its the same.

anyways, ill see what i can do with it, unless you or someone else can get it to work, would be alot thankful, but dont go out there looking for it as probably most of what you can find probably I have used to do it, so yea leaves us with little to no options in the end afterall and solution is either go to the service center.

thanks alot for the help tho, appreciate it

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
it is the same model and i know about it, also wiping data does absolutely nothing, did it over 3 times, this is probably connected to the phone's imei or whatever. its probably unrecoverable without going to a service center anyways or using a GSI rather than miui.

wonder why your solution to remove the device from my mi account didnt work, even after verifying its the same.

anyways, ill see what i can do with it, unless you or someone else can get it to work, would be alot thankful, but dont go out there looking for it as probably most of what you can find probably I have used to do it, so yea leaves us with little to no options in the end afterall and solution is either go to the service center.

thanks alot for the help tho, appreciate it
The only thing I can think of, is that, some kind of protection was triggered, after a non-authorized action to the user side. Also, the vendor partition could get corrupt, after flash other image.

With this tool, https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient you should back up every partition, it doesn't matter super image, and data also occupy a lot of space.

After backup every partition, try erasing the FRP partition, and try to boot.

The only thing I can think of, is that, some kind of protection was triggered, after a non-authorized action to the user side. Also, the vendor partition could get corrupt, after flash other image.

With this tool, https://github.com/bkerler/mtkclient you should back up every partition, it doesn't matter super image, and data also occupy a lot of space.

Thanks for that one, seems risky, right?
Ill see if i can, since ive sent it to someone i know of, idk if i have it since im not home rn.

ok, could you do a quick explanation to use mtkclient? just to backup etc, i know the erase partitions, in general, ive never used or touched this phone partitions.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
ok, could you do a quick explanation to use mtkclient? just to backup etc, i know the erase partitions, in general, ive never used or touched this phone partitions.
You have to set it up the usual mtk drivers, the UsbDk installer, the Lib USB drivers, then, inside the mtkclient-main.zip, you'll find a README.md, open it with some text reader of your preference, it contains the main commands that you can use.

python mtk r boot boot.img will back up your boot partition, this is using the CLI tool, you also have the GUI tool with an interface, to interact more easily, I prefer the command line, but it's up to you.

The GUI tool lists the partitions, your device has, if you prefer to use the command line, to know them, you can run a bad command like python mtk r bot (instead of boot) boot.img, and the tool will tell you the partitions available.

You have to set it up the usual mtk drivers, the UsbDk installer, the Lib USB drivers, then, inside the mtkclient-main.zip, you'll find a README.md, open it with some text reader of your preference, it contains the main commands that you can use.

python mtk r boot boot.img will back up your boot partition, this is using the CLI tool, you also have the GUI tool with an interface, to interact more easily, I prefer the command line, but it's up to you.

The GUI tool lists the partitions, your device has, if you prefer to use the command line, to know them, you can run a bad command like python mtk r bot (instead of boot) boot.img, and the tool will tell you the partitions available.
so if im correct, i found out a way, but comes out as 3 files each one. i tried dumping (as gpt) and writing vbmeta_a and i got it, i used mtkgui too. so now i do everything you said then erase the frp partition and it should work?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
so if im correct, i found out a way, but comes out as 3 files each one. i tried dumping (as gpt) and writing vbmeta_a and i got it, i used mtkgui too. so now i do everything you said then erase the frp partition and it should work?
Now that you have a backup from this partition, you can try it.

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
sadly its still locked even after erasing the frp partition
Well, the other two partitions that can store credentials are persist and vendor, you can try with them, if you have a backup.

And, flashing a GSI, I wouldn't recommend an official image from a Pixel device in Google site, but some of the custom GSI available in the net.

And, probably, flashing a different fastboot ROM, may make a difference.

Also, finally, flashing a Miui based custom ROM like miui.eu ROM, may get you out of this. It's probable that some flashing process just corrupted a specific partition, and re-flashing it, may restore it, as it seems not an issue from the servers but from your device.

Well, the other two partitions that can store credentials are persist and vendor, you can try with them, if you have a backup.

And, flashing a GSI, I wouldn't recommend an official image from a Pixel device in Google site, but some of the custom GSI available in the net.

And, probably, flashing a different fastboot ROM, may make a difference.

Also, finally, flashing a Miui based custom ROM like miui.eu ROM, may get you out of this. It's probable that some flashing process just corrupted a specific partition, and re-flashing it, may restore it, as it seems not an issue from the servers but from your device.
ok, that works, it disables the lock till i connect to an wifi. what can i do now?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally got it unlocked, its been 3 hours and a half and still no signs of the Mi Account lock.
    Thank you so much for your help
    This has been over 1 week trying to unlock this and it finally worked thanks to you