• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question [SOLVED] Can't return back to stock ROM.

Search This thread

NTClarity

Jul 20, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3
Greetings. First of all , I have to say that I think i messed up many things.I'm going to describe all of my steps and how I ended up stuck with fastboot and .. nothing else. So I started with installing stock rom by twrp . Booted to twrp , cleared cache and data and when I flashed the zip , I got error 1 . So I thought it would be easier to do it with Miflash tool. Next , after installing miflash and the fastboot version of the rom , I flashed it but it seemed that it was taking so long (more than 2000 seconds ) and it was stuck on flashing a specific file. The next and crucial imo move I did was to remove the usb cable from my phone resulting to an error in miflash (obviously). And this is when I realised that when I pressed the power button for a long time , it wouldnt boot to my custom rom . Instead it turned back to fastboot . I tried one more time flashing the stock rom with miflash but got an error after a few minutes. Also , I tried to boot to twrp by pressing volume up + power button , but it turned to fastboot again. So I opened cmd , booted to twrp from there and I thought about flashing twrp from the recovery (flash current twrp)and... guess what . Got an error and couldnt flash twrp. I have been searching for help online over the past 3 hours , but unfortunately I havent found any fixes yet. I would really appreciate any help from here , as I really dont want to lose my device. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I have solved this issue.

Last edited:

Rstment ^m^

Aug 19, 2018
Greetings. First of all , I have to say that I think i messed up many things.I'm going to describe all of my steps and how I ended up stuck with fastboot and .. nothing else. So I started with installing stock rom by twrp . Booted to twrp , cleared cache and data and when I flashed the zip , I got error 1 . So I thought it would be easier to do it with Miflash tool. Next , after installing miflash and the fastboot version of the rom , I flashed it but it seemed that it was taking so long (more than 2000 seconds ) and it was stuck on flashing a specific file. The next and crucial imo move I did was to remove the usb cable from my phone resulting to an error in miflash (obviously). And this is when I realised that when I pressed the power button for a long time , it wouldnt boot to my custom rom . Instead it turned back to fastboot . I tried one more time flashing the stock rom with miflash but got an error after a few minutes. Also , I tried to boot to twrp by pressing volume up + power button , but it turned to fastboot again. So I opened cmd , booted to twrp from there and I thought about flashing twrp from the recovery (flash current twrp)and... guess what . Got an error and couldnt flash twrp. I have been searching for help online over the past 3 hours , but unfortunately I havent found any fixes yet. I would really appreciate any help from here , as I really dont want to lose my device. Thanks in advance.
Try flashing miui via batch scripts is what I would do...

When you extract firmware there should be flash_all.bat file inside, run it via cmd - just type the name of it with cmd directed at the folder where the firmware is unpacked. ( For this you need adb tools installed properly so that the whole system has access to it , if you don't know how then download platform tools from google , unpack it and copy everything inside platform tools folder then paste into firmware folder , then you should be able to run the scripts inside firmware folder )

It will start regular process that mi flash does but if it fails then I guess you can see where it fails exactly and update here .

Idk...

-GREY

try to download again the firmware, maybe the file you have been trying to flash is corrupted.

Most and foremost, try to be specific what it was you encountered. Feels like I was reading in a wattpad.

miku1024

May 1, 2014
Bandung Barat
Please share with how you solve it

EDIT: I have solved this issue.
Please share with us how you solve it

NTClarity

Jul 20, 2021
Xiaomi Poco F3

Basically , I managed to flash it successfully after many attempts. I was getting different errors every time when I was trying to flash the EU version in my PC , so I thought of switching to my laptop and trying with the GLOBAL version this time. I succeed the 2nd time . I also used a different usb cable. So it was just miflash being miflash... nothing to worry about.

Reactions: dreamytom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Basically , I managed to flash it successfully after many attempts. I was getting different errors every time when I was trying to flash the EU version in my PC , so I thought of switching to my laptop and trying with the GLOBAL version this time. I succeed the 2nd time . I also used a different usb cable. So it was just miflash being miflash... nothing to worry about.