[Resolved] [SOLVED!!] Can't seem to Install/Update anything from Google Play..HELP!!

Search This thread

m0e_03

May 7, 2012
KL / M'sia
Hi there everyone,
Here is a solution, confirmed by Google Play Support, and does not require your phone to be rooted for solving this issue.

1. Tap Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications
2. Go to "All"
3. Scroll down to "Google Play Store" and tap to select it.
4. Click on 'Force Close'
5. Click on 'Clear Data'
6. Click on 'Uninstall Updates'
7. now it is safe to click on 'continue' when u open the market..so go ahead.
8 Enjoy Installing/Updating your desired apps.

============================
Hit THANKS if this helped. :good:

Last edited:

Indru

Oct 27, 2012
hi
I have 2 galaxy tab 7 7 [p6800] with cm 9 and pa2.55
I am a error in the google play store.
[google play insufficient storage available]
how to fix this?

I have 12gb in the p6800
I have the 32gb sd card

You have plenty of space in the Internal Memory and SDCard Memory. But the System Memory is the issue, I had the same problem some time ago. Simply uninstall some apps to free up space, or do a factory reset and start over. The choice is yours.

L0GAN0

Apr 26, 2013
Thanks it works perfectly now

I had a problem with Google play in computer not syncing with my Xperia Ray after flashing but was able to install and update through Google play store inside the phone. After clearing data and uninstalling updates it worked all back to normal.

Reactions: m0e_03

johnadoey

Sep 22, 2014
Thanks

Thanks a lot for the steps for making it work again. I was struggling with it for a week now, where it was not updating any applications for me. Thanks again!!

firebelias12

Aug 14, 2013
This Might help.....

If anyone is still having a problem(Even after Flashing different Roms with different Gapps) then I have this tip you can use (this helped me).

1.Clear Playstore Data and Cache.
2.Find a Proxy for Yourself ..... Google it.(US Proxy Recommended)
3.Go To Settings>Wifi Settings>*Your wifi name* hold it and select Modify Network.
4.Select Advanced Options>Proxy and Choose ''Manual''.
5.Put the proxy Hostname and port you found on google.(leave the last option and Ip settings as it is).
6.Save it and try downloading again.
This method helped me after 2Days of constant Flashing.

mirabilos

Dec 31, 2010
www.mirbsd.org
Heh, clear data didn’t help for me, but just retrying download and install a couple of times “fixed” it. Though, Waze is a really big application, about 35 MiB… but OTOH, corruption over transport ought to not happen… but who knows what Google is doing there. *shrug*

zscorp

Jan 6, 2010
hi there, i am not able to install the google play i have uploaded the screenshot i tried all the above solutions but still same issue let me know if someone has fixed this issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-17-17-57-14.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-17-17-57-14.png
    131.8 KB · Views: 142

eazyigz

Feb 13, 2012
Fort Lee
Hi there everyone,
Here is a solution, confirmed by Google Play Support, and does not require your phone to be rooted for solving this issue.

2. Go to "All"
5. Click on 'Clear Data'

Unfortunately there is no 'clear data' option on Marshmallow. Not in CM nightly ROM, anyway.

Nov 16, 2015
Vijayapur
So the same problem occurred with me..
Here we go the steps to get back your play store support

Needs a rooted device..
This procedure will work only if your device will be rooted
Firstly install the Root Browser app
Then there search for hosts file in etc folder and simply delete the hosts file... And run the play store.. There it's working fine.. Try it

Sent from my Moto G 2014 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there everyone,

2. Go to "All"
    5. Click on 'Clear Data'

I have the same problem too and I just revert the play store back to ver 3.5.19 and this solved the problem....at least for now but I don't know will the problem come back again next time...will keep an eye on it...previously using play store ver 3.7.11
    post a reply on here if works :)
    Here is what I did. I went to: phone settings> Applications> Manage Applications> All tab> clicked on gPlay Store> force stop> clear data> uninstall update> clear data.

Then, I installed gPlay 3.5.19..still it didn't work (this one didb;t even start to download at all). lol
    Worst of all, everytime i run it..google is prompting to update it..and i cant bypass that stupid update..dafuq?!! =="
    What should I do? aaarrgh!! @_@

Now i only realized that google play will update itself. Sorry for this stupid statement but honestly say Play Store never start update by itself, never prompt me also in my phone...(Don't know what happen ><) and i every time update it using apk file downloaded from another website. Sorry can't help you on this :(

Would it because of my phone bloatware free and using broodkernel?
    Worth a try i guess..i'm gonna try that too..
    but i'll probably try installing a rom from another region to check how it goes first..

Perhaps the latest one might help.
    >> Code: I9001XXKQE (Android 2.3.6) / 2012 June / Region: Baltic

As we are not the only one who facing this strange problem so in my opinion i still think that the main issue came from the Play itself. Correct me if i'm wrong because i'm not expert in android. However, flashing a new rom might be a good try and hope that it solved the problem. Good Luck ! :D