Question [SOLVED: Check thread for details] URGENT: I get a partition size not large enough error when trying to update through the factory zip

Search This thread

Divine Bicycle

Jan 11, 2022
Google Pixel 6 Pro
@ECHO OFF
:: Copyright 2012 The Android Open Source Project
::
:: Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
:: you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
:: You may obtain a copy of the License at
:: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
:: Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
:: distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
:: WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
:: See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
:: limitations under the License.

PATH=%PATH%;"%SYSTEMROOT%\System32"
fastboot --slot all flash bootloader bootloader-raven-slider-1.2-8739948.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
fastboot --slot all flash radio radio-raven-g5123b-102852-220720-b-8851166.img
fastboot reboot-bootloader
ping -n 5 127.0.0.1 >nul
fastboot --slot all update image-raven-tp1a.220624.021.zip

echo Press any key to exit...
pause >nul
exit

I just used this script to upgrade to android 13, and during flashing I got this message. Please reply as soon as you can to help, i tried

fastboot --slot all update image-raven-tp1a.220624.021.zip

and i got the same error.

View attachment 5689079

Divine Bicycle

Jan 11, 2022
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Flashtool will do all required work. I would use that to fix the device if it were me
So you think I should just go into flash tool, and "update", as I would normally? Just select the 13 public branch and flash it with wipe, force flash, and lock bootloader off? Like this?
1660824056295.png

Divine Bicycle

Jan 11, 2022
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I would myself. But it's up to you, if it fails, is go back and wipe it and force flash.
So, let me check (sorry for repeating myself, I really can't afford to lose my phone, not just because of money but because without it I can't go anywhere at all), you think I can try the Android Flash tool to flash Android 13 again, without wiping or force flashing the partitions. However if that fails, which would be a non-brick failure, just like what happened then, I could wipe the device, correct?

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
mobiledevices11.blogspot.com
So, let me check (sorry for repeating myself, I really can't afford to lose my phone, not just because of money but because without it I can't go anywhere at all), you think I can try the Android Flash tool to flash Android 13 again, without wiping or force flashing the partitions. However if that fails, which would be a non-brick failure, just like what happened then, I could wipe the device, correct?

Flashtool is pretty reliable. It's your responsibility. I wouldn't try to keep data personally. I'd just focus on flashing it so it works. A wipe will work for sure.

Reactions: marathone

Divine Bicycle

Jan 11, 2022
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Flashtool is pretty reliable. It's your responsibility. I wouldn't try to keep data personally. I'd just focus on flashing it so it works. A wipe will work for sure.
1660825180795.png

It seems to have worked, I will now use the factory image to create a patched Magisk image and boot that. Then use direct install to install it. Will report back. The phone has booted successfully.

Reactions: fil3s

Divine Bicycle

Jan 11, 2022
Google Pixel 6 Pro
@fil3s @V0latyle Thanks for your help, I have successfully installed the Kirisakura kernel, and everthing seems to be working. My device just restarted itself and did the progress bar logo as if it updated itself? but came back to normal without bootlooping or any other weird stuff. Maybe this should be put as a warning: If you get this error, don't use --slot all? That would have prevented me from freaking out haha.

Reactions: fil3s

fil3s

Aug 30, 2014
bendigo
mobiledevices11.blogspot.com
@fil3s @V0latyle Thanks for your help, I have successfully installed the Kirisakura kernel, and everthing seems to be working. My device just restarted itself and did the progress bar logo as if it updated itself? but came back to normal without bootlooping or any other weird stuff. Maybe this should be put as a warning: If you get this error, don't use --slot all? That would have prevented me from freaking out haha.

You're welcome! 😃 Enjoy.

Reactions: Divine Bicycle

V0latyle

Forum Moderator
Staff member
I don't think that had anything to do with it, I'm not sure what issue you had.

Top Liked Posts