[Solved] Custom binary (recovery) blocked by frp lock after Note FE rom install

Search This thread

Crisal

Oct 7, 2015
Hi, through Google I have not found any file: N930 U4 Binary unlock.
If I press the power button and the vol + button a screen comes out, I attach the file. Through Odin in download mode I can flash only the ITV firmware which was the last version above.

I believe this file can serve: COMBINATION_FAC_FA60_A520FXXU1AQA2
but I can't find it.
These were the information of my samsung:
ReworkVer .: A520FXXU1AQA2

R16NW: A520FXXUBCSF1

Are they useful?

Attachments

• IMG_20200219_164234.jpg
    IMG_20200219_164234.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

Crisal

Oct 7, 2015
Well yes you can. I found 4 different variations to the binary locks and some of them don't sound related to your issue. I'm going to define how to find out what binary your device is running and then what Custom Binaries Blocked by FRP Lock is and possible ways to fix it.
If you were to look at you build number it may look like this: N930TTMB1APGC. It's seperated into sections of relevance. (N930)(TTM)(B1)(APGC). The first section is ths model number, the second section is carrier and region. The next set "B1" is the binary identifier. the binary is 1. The binary can be a 2, 3, 4 or any number but it's always going to be in the same place and this lets you know what binary your device is using.
Custom Binary Blocked by FRP Lock is some of the weirdest blocks I've ever encountered and shows itself in one of four ways. You're in a Bootloop and can't seem to do anything. You try going to recovery only to get redirected to another screen. You can get to the Recovery but you can't use it. Or You go to Download Mode and can't seem to flash anything, even official stock firmware. Odin3 fails to initialize.
Each one of these 4 symptoms will show a screen with the words "Custom Binaries Blocked by FRP Lock". If you don't see that you have a different issue. Fixes vary even on the same model devices. Here's some of the ways you can fix your issue but there are some I still haven't corrected yet. I don't have this device anymore so don't have a specific file to toss out there. And there's not one that'll fix all devices. Look for a file listed like "N930 Binary 4 FRP Unlock" or N930 U4 Binary unlock and flash one of them into your device using the AP section of Odin3. Yes you can use Odin but you have to flash one of these in first. After that Odin will suddenly become usable. I didn't fix all of them theres one that is still stubborn. Binary lock happens from flashing invalid or bad firmware. Good luck.

Please don't abandon me :(
Help me, please

Please don't abandon me :(
Help me, please
I'm not sure which direction you're going but yes you seem to be in some variation of a binary lock.
I have a question about your firmware. If I am following this correctly your firmware has the model number of N930 in it. If this is true DO NOT use the file you have with a different model number of A520 it's for a different device.
Here use this one for the N930 found here. https://combinationfirmware.com/downloads/n930fxxu1apha/
The thumbnail you included seems to indicate your operating system appears to have been erased. Since you can in fact use Odin you should be able to flash in the file you have. However, I think you need to flash in the Official software possibly in 4File form after that.

Last edited:

uncle ricky

Nov 8, 2016
It's a baseband 3 one (see the N930FXXU3BPL1) in your screenshot. So the stock rom to flash has to be baseband 3 too, cause of the e-fuse.

I have the N930FXXU3BPL2 stock files (baseband 3, with 30% battery charging limit).
However, it will work to reboot into stock after flashing and enable OEM unlock again.

If you have a google drive or dropbox account I can this one upload for you.
Zipped file size is about 1.9 GB.
Yo!!! You still have this file? Id highly appreciate it if you can send it to me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

According to this post i did install note FE rom on my note 7 sm-n930F.

I did not have any problem flashing my first n930f.

Unfortunately, for my second install, i stupidly FORGOT to enable OEM unlock when flashing TWRP. :crying::crying:
    I continued to install the ROM without problem but after the first reboot, the phone is blocked with the message "custom binary (recovery) blocked by frp lock"
    I can boot in download mode (power + volume down + home) so i tried to flash a N930F stock rom but it fails with the message "check fail : device : 2 binary : 1"
    (I think this is due to the fact that the stock rom is Android 6 and the device's rom is Android 7).
    I tried Emergency Device Recovery from SmartSwitch PC without success : the device is not recognized by SmartSwitch.

I do not know what to do, can someone help me unbrick this phone ?
    Thank you for your help.
    Open Odin flash TWRP , flash rom .
    not so simple...:rolleyes:
    unable to flash TWRP -> blocked by FRP lock

I finally found the right stock rom for my N-930F (N930FXXU2BPI7) with help from pvpaco (see here)
    I had the same problem (forgot to toggle oem lock) just flash the stock firmware for your device and it will boot (using odin) if you had a Google account it may ask you to sign in again if not just set up the device toggle the oem switch and flash twrp
    Can you boot to download mode? if so can you send a picture of that screen
    Samsung don't allow downgrading, I need the latest ota with 15 % battery limitation.

hmmm, not sure I can be any help then, unless you can find the correct official rom for your phone then the only other option would be to take it to a Samsung service centre (although the phone should be recalled they might still be able to help you)

sorry I cant help any more