• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[SOLVED] Device only has TWRP recovery, objective to get to full-stock state

Search This thread

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Okay so I just have a quick question and would like a very direct answer. Thanks in advance for that! :D
I'm new to the HTC stuff, RUU, s-on/off etc. I however did some of the reading, but I'm actually in a hurry to properly understand and try all the methods (also the device isn't physically with me so it's a bit hard to give instructions to someone else without handling such a device ever, and I'm not in a mood for brick and as such)

The device, in the current state only has TWRP recovery installed (TWRP 3.1.1-0), is in s-off state, bootloader locked. No ROM. I'm attaching a picture of the screen that I have. Fastboot is working.

My objective is to get the device in all-stock state (stock ROM, recovery everything, s-on etc), as I am getting a new device and exchanging this. So how can this be done from what I have?

Last edited:

Gawd

Jan 26, 2015
Reserved.
--

Edit_1:
Yes, I read that ReadMe (I discovered it before your reply, and after I made this thread) and it was quite helpful @Flippy498. All I had to do was find a RUU and just run it when the m9 was in Download mode.
Got the RUU from http://www.androidruu.com/?developer=M9. Thanks to whoever posted it!

(however, not really sure about the latest TWRP running on an older firmware as you mentioned)

Last edited:

Flippy498

Retired Forum Moderator
May 21, 2014
HTC U12+
Please check out the ReadMe thread. It contains all information/files that you'll need.

Edit: Are you sure that you posted an up to date picture? If the phone really runs the firmware that is shown on the pic then it's impossible that it runs the TWRP version you mentioned. The mentioned TWRP version wouldn't be able to boot on such an old firmware.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gawd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please check out the ReadMe thread. It contains all information/files that you'll need.

Edit: Are you sure that you posted an up to date picture? If the phone really runs the firmware that is shown on the pic then it's impossible that it runs the TWRP version you mentioned. The mentioned TWRP version wouldn't be able to boot on such an old firmware.