• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[SOLVED] Doogee S88 Plus reboot loop with magisk root

Search This thread

hans henrik

Feb 12, 2015
after patching boot.img with Magisk and flashing over the patched boot.img, the phone (Doogee S88 Plus) will just infinitely reboot after the message `Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted`

luckily, patching the original boot.img back fixes it (albeit flashing it back is kindof tricky, have to reboot multiple times while holding down the volume-down button before i can re-flash)

so it's not bricked, but i haven't been able to root it either, any suggestions?

fwiw, i'm using this firmware: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13bxhk-eEsJ81FmJWZaEEsOkZBMsYJE3x

hans henrik

Feb 12, 2015
does your phone has a vbmeta.img?

It control if the image is signed, if you don't flash an empy vbmeta.img the system will bootloop.

It was a problem when rooting the Ulefone Armor 8-11
interesting, yes the phone has a vbmeta.img, and no i did not patch the vbmeta.img, and i did experience the reboot-loop, but signing the patched boot.img fixed the reboot loop without touching the vbmeta.img

Top Liked Posts