[SOLVED] Doogee S88 Plus reboot loop with magisk root

Search This thread

hans henrik

Feb 12, 2015
after patching boot.img with Magisk and flashing over the patched boot.img, the phone (Doogee S88 Plus) will just infinitely reboot after the message `Your device has been unlocked and can't be trusted`

luckily, patching the original boot.img back fixes it (albeit flashing it back is kindof tricky, have to reboot multiple times while holding down the volume-down button before i can re-flash)

so it's not bricked, but i haven't been able to root it either, any suggestions?

fwiw, i'm using this firmware: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13bxhk-eEsJ81FmJWZaEEsOkZBMsYJE3x

Harlock1978

Jun 8, 2013
does your phone has a vbmeta.img?

It control if the image is signed, if you don't flash an empy vbmeta.img the system will bootloop.

It was a problem when rooting the Ulefone Armor 8-11

hans henrik

Feb 12, 2015
does your phone has a vbmeta.img?

It control if the image is signed, if you don't flash an empy vbmeta.img the system will bootloop.

It was a problem when rooting the Ulefone Armor 8-11
interesting, yes the phone has a vbmeta.img, and no i did not patch the vbmeta.img, and i did experience the reboot-loop, but signing the patched boot.img fixed the reboot loop without touching the vbmeta.img

disthomuc

Apr 1, 2014
This did it..dont flash vbmeta...the Boot ist the only Thing you Need...flashing vbmeta will end in bootloop...maybe a signed vbmeta...but why trying when Boot is enough...

kineyDE

Jan 25, 2017
after hours of trying I finally got it working.
Because I tried so much stuff I'm not exactly sure what was the key.
The signed boot.img flashed with sp flash tool alone did not work - i did not have the device unlocked with fastboot at that moment.
Then I tried a lot of different stuff.
I _think_ what was needed is these two things:
- signed boot.img from @hans henrik
- unlocking bootloader with fastboot (fastboot flashing unlock && fastboot flashing unlock_critical)

Top Liked Posts