• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question [SOLVED] Downgrade error changing region from 12.0.4.0 EEA to 12.0.8.0 Global, how can I solve?

Search This thread

woody4165

Nov 30, 2011
Rome
Hi

I'm trying to install directly, from the phone update menu, from 12.0.4.0 EEA to 12.0.8.0 Global, but when I select the zip file downloaded I get an that says that it's impossible to downgrade.

My phone is actually locked.

Is it possible in other ways?

AFAIK, if I want to use Xiaomi Flash Tools, I have to unlock bootloader, it it correct?

Thanks

Sunnykha

Nov 20, 2016
Hi

I'm trying to install directly, from the phone update menu, from 12.0.4.0 EEA to 12.0.8.0 Global, but when I select the zip file downloaded I get an that says that it's impossible to downgrade.

My phone is actually locked.

Is it possible in other ways?

AFAIK, if I want to use Xiaomi Flash Tools, I have to unlock bootloader, it it correct?

Thanks
If I understand correctly you can't change firmware region unless bootloader unlocked.
And shouldn't lock bootloader once change region.

woody4165

Nov 30, 2011
Rome
I did't know that! This is for a friend of mine phone, with mine I normally leave bootloader unlocked and then I root with Magisk.

In this case, I want just to unlock bootloader, put global version of stock MIUI 12 and then relock bootloader.

I've just done some search and it seems that it can't be done only on chinese stock rom.

But I'm not sure 100%, so just looking to be completely sure before proceeding.
For now, I'm just waiting the 168hrs before taking step 2 of unlocking bootloader.

Thanks

Last edited:

woody4165

Nov 30, 2011
Rome
I succeded using XiaomiTool V2, an unofficial app, I've used on Windows 10, but it seems to be available also on Mac.

So, without unlocking the bootloader, now I am on 12.0.8.0 Global.
I received an error at end of the ROM installation (was VERY worried), but then all was ok...

I didn't know this tool, even if I have Xiaomi phones from several years, and it's written by an Italian guy...