[SOLVED from FRD-AL00 to FRD-L09] Soft-bricked honor 8 FRD-AL00

Search This thread

Kyrax

Dec 16, 2013
Hi,

I bought a FRD-AL00 (coming from a china seller) and in order to "patch" my phone against recent wpa2 vulnerability i tried to update it with Firmware Finder (update lauched from default update menu), the phone rebooted and update finished at 100% but now the phone reboot several times after honor 8 blue screen (the second that is animated), then go to erecovery menu .
From the erecovery menu, i tried to use "download lastest verion and recovery" but even if the wifi is connected i get the message "getting info failed"
Then i tried to rollback to a compatible rom using "Firmware Finder rewrite", i tried many versions with method "+-power, uncompress update.zip in dload folder" but all version i tried stopped at 5% and displayed "Incompatibility with current version"

So finally it seem after Firmware Finder tool installed a incompatible rom, (now my google profile detect my phone as a "FRD-L19", i think this version has been detected when i connected my phone to wifi during erecovery) and now my phone seem to deny the installation of FRD-AL00 roms.....

Any chance to save it with method described above by @mediasonic? is it possible to " Unlock bootloader and install TWRP" with a phone that is not able to start android?

Thank you in advance for your help, for the moment i'm crying with my nice white brick.....

Top Liked Posts