[solved] Get VoLTE running! (modem config files H930 EU SD835 mcfg_sw.mbn wanted!)

Should I rework this, so a "Make VoLTE/VoWiFi work" thread is available?

• No, not needed. This is sufficient

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
There's a guide thread now in Guide section, use that one pls as this one isn't detailed enough and the other one has some more instructions, e.g. for backing up the files and partitions we work with!

thanks to user @Krekos/CZ/ these files are available for everyone now :) find them in his post here (or attached on this post) and give him a thx pls :highfive: :cyclops: :D

original OP text:
Im on testing sessions regarding volte and at least got that far, that the IMS server in hidden menu can be configured (wasn't accessible before my edits). but I'm stuck for now: I by accident deleted following folder which contains the modem config files for different operators. Looks like they are on the EFS partition, as a kdz and standalone-modem reflash didn't help, unfortunately:
Code:
/firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs
pls, can someone with a true H930 rooted EU OPEN phone (I've bought mine via telefonica O2 Germany) help me and zip and upload this special folder for me? would be appreciated very very much!! I don't want to find out what happens when I reboot my phone now xD maybe unfixable bootloop...

Attachments

• modem.tar.gz
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,607
Last edited:

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
noone...? come on, this is a 3-5 minutes job :D deleting takes only 2 secs as i know now... but w/o these files no modem config is possible, phone could be useless on next reboot. so, pls :) pls...
btw: no personal data stored in these directories. there are only config files for different operators inside, nothing else. mcfg_sw.mbn files, you can google for their function and have a look at them on your phone. easiest way for zipping them would be "root explorer", it offers this function, and tar compressing too. hm, when i think about it, tar would be better format :)

Last edited:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
noone...? come on, this is a 3-5 minutes job :D deleting takes only 2 secs as i know now... but w/o these files no modem config is possible, phone could be useless on next reboot. so, pls :) pls...
btw: no personal data stored in these directories. there are only config files for different operators inside, nothing else. mcfg_sw.mbn files, you can google for their function and have a look at them on your phone. easiest way for zipping them would be "root explorer", it offers this function, and tar compressing too. hm, when i think about it, tar would be better format :)

I would be glad to help but I don't have H930...

Reactions: seadersn

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
hmm, which one do you own then...? maybe worth a try to have a look at the files from a different phone as long as it's native open and an EU one. and: I've seen you're a really helpful person, a superb contributor, one of the best in v30 forums :) thx for that! :thumbsup:

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
hmm, which one do you own then...? maybe worth a try to have a look at the files from a different phone as long as it's native open and an EU one. and: I've seen you're a really helpful person, a superb contributor, one of the best in v30 forums :) thx for that! :thumbsup:

maybe @SGCMarkus or @Whiskeyomega can help?

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

H930 here, but it's not rooted.

Looks like you need to get busy this weekend! ;) Just so you actually own your phone.

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
I have Rooted H930. But how can i access these files?? i can't see them in TWRP.

wonderful!! if we get this working you're my hero :D ;)
in twrp there's no way to get them, this has to be done in fully booted android system. you have got terminal emulator app installed? the command would be
Code:
tar -czf /sdcard/modem.tar.gz /firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs

the resulting file can be found in root dir of sdcard then. maybe it's small enough so you can attach it on your answering post, otherwise maybe using google drive or androidfilehost is needed.

Krekos/CZ/

Jan 30, 2017
Brno
It's strange but i cannot compress these files. It always tell me, i dont have privilegies for that. I try severel Emulators. I also try TotalCommander App with root privilegies, and copy the files manually, but i ended with error aswell.

seadersn

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2010
Germany
LG V30
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
...aaaand: volte (and vowifi; don't know for sure about viwifi and vt/vilte. sms over wifi/volte needs to be tested too) is up and running! LoL... o2 wasn't able to help me in four service hotline sessions and two visits in their store. really funny as they told me every time "absolutely no way, sry. we can't do this (send some infos or activate volte in account [was already activated, it worked all the time with my s7flat]), we can't do that (flash something to get this working) and so on. k, this took me an serious amount of time my kids and wife weren't really happy and proud of, but hey, there are priorities, or not? hrhr...
is there a need for a guide for everyone? maybe I get a guide up and running. problem for now is, I don't know for sure which edits are really needed and essential. this will be a guide we need to work out all together to finally see which steps are necessary for a newbie and starter. let's see, would take some time but should be possible. when five ppls in this thread are telling "yes we want this guide, let's do this together!" then I'll do it :D

would've not been possible w/o the help from @Krekos/CZ/ :) I'm really happy he helped out! :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: ChazzMatt

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's a guide thread now in Guide section, use that one pls as this one isn't detailed enough and the other one has some more instructions, e.g. for backing up the files and partitions we work with!

thanks to user @Krekos/CZ/ these files are available for everyone now :) find them in his post here (or attached on this post) and give him a thx pls :highfive: :cyclops: :D

original OP text:
    Im on testing sessions regarding volte and at least got that far, that the IMS server in hidden menu can be configured (wasn't accessible before my edits). but I'm stuck for now: I by accident deleted following folder which contains the modem config files for different operators. Looks like they are on the EFS partition, as a kdz and standalone-modem reflash didn't help, unfortunately:
    Code:
    /firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs
    pls, can someone with a true H930 rooted EU OPEN phone (I've bought mine via telefonica O2 Germany) help me and zip and upload this special folder for me? would be appreciated very very much!! I don't want to find out what happens when I reboot my phone now xD maybe unfixable bootloop...
    it's perfect ... I missed it!
    you can start with loading your mbn file for o2 uk. you can have a look into the zip to determine the path to the location of your file needed. then use a file manager with root priv's to edit the file
    Code:
    /data/property/persist.radio.buffet_mbn_file
    and put this path inside, including mcfg_sw.mbn. so for o2 germany it reads
    Code:
    /firmware/image/modem_pr/mcfg/configs/mcfg_sw/generic_/joan_glo/eu/o2d/o2d/germany/mcfg_sw.mbn
    then edit the file
    Code:
    /data/property/persist.radio.buffet_enable
    and type inside "enable" (w/o quotes). reboot and check with *#546368#*930# => field test => scroll down to mcfg buffet and check if the file is loaded.

let's start :)
    I have no problem with it. :) you can attach it.
    yeah, i like it xD received the first call with the config flight mode on via vowifi :good:
    I got it! :D I finally found emulator which compress the files. i dont know why previous apps didnt work but w/e.
    Here it is: https://goo.gl/Qk293b