• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Solved] GSI Installation — Finally booted!!!

Search This thread

Shas45558

Dec 9, 2018
So what i did:
Tried to flash dm-verity zip under the recovery but i got a boot loop so i flashed back the original boot.img from the 11.0.7 global rom via fastboot.
After this i tried to boot into fastbootd but i couldn't because of the recovery (idk why). So i flashed back the original recovery.
So i booted into fastbootd, flashed this rom: https://forum.xda-developers.com/pr...velopment/aosp-10-0-quack-phh-treble-t3992559 (the arm64-ab-gapps one)
Erased userdata and cache and boom it works.
I tried mobile data, bluetooth, speakers, wifi, camera and everything worked for me. The camera app isn't the best in the rom so i downloaded open camera from playstore.

I also successfully boot into GSI based on android 11:D:D...
But how we go back miui??:confused

Last edited:

nielsync

Give us screenshots of the About Phone screen in Android 11 for proof of booting the GSI. Anyone who claims to have booted MUST show screenshots to avoid misleading people and the reason why I opened this thread as a question and not as guide. This device is easy to brick so people need to be careful. Your installation method is pretty much what I shared in my posts. So we don't want claims. Anyone who has booted should show screenshots. We need evidence :D

Last edited:

Abdullah.Csit

Feb 14, 2014
Iraq
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Give us screenshots of the About Phone screen in Android 11 for proof of booting the GSI. Anyone who claims to have booted MUST show screenshots to avoid misleading people and the reason why I opened this thread as a question and not as guide. This device is easy to brick so people need to be careful. Your installation method is pretty much what I shared in my posts. So we don't want claims. Anyone who has booted should show screenshots. We need evidence :D

Good mentions. I had already open thread to give thoughts for the customers about this serious GSI to avoid misleading.
I hope from all the users who boots into GSI
GIVE US THOUGHTS HERE:

GSI experience and reporting | Summary |

Shas45558

Dec 9, 2018

Sorry to say I have no screenshot and go back in MI ROM....

https://developer.android.com/topic/generic-system-image/releases

I download arm64+GMs from this link above....

The rom have some bug...
You cannot control brightness and cannot receive any call... Otherwise this rom work great.....

i use fastbootd method to flash it.....
When you download it.....u get 2 file system.img and vbmeta.img....

Do not use vbmeta.img.....
When you want to back you have to do what I did...

I am run on miui 11.0.4.0(redmi 9 prime rom)....
So I download this version on fastboot rom and extract it and get super.img file...
Now go to fastboot mood (not fastbootd)....
Use this CMD....
fastboot flash super super.img...
Wait and erase usuredata and u are now miui rom

HemanthJabalpuri

...Saurav

Jan 10, 2017
Realme system screenshort.jpg

Ok i also wait for you...in my case i get 7 day wait time.....after your waiting time finished you should try as follow

Fastboot earse system
Fastboot flash system system.img.
Fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img(download vbmeta.img from this post..it is important to disable Android verified boot.

You can warp data first or latter this prossess...

But i confused what type gsi should download.
A/b or a only....
I know our device does not support a/b. But it use system as root....
Sure with official TWRP life would be easy because you can also easily flash the dm-verity and forceencrypt disabler zip otherwise the device fails to boot even when you follow steps correctly. There's no key combination for fastbootd as far as I know. You have to use a command.

To enter fastbootd, run the following commands;
adb reboot fastboot (to boot into the bootloader)
fastboot reboot fastboot (to boot into fastbootd)
For the device to be recognized in Windows 10 you need to manually install unsigned Xiaomi drivers as shown here and after continue with the commands below;
fastboot flash system name_of_system_image.img
fastboot reboot recovery
(and format data using MIUI recovery)
fastboot reboot (fingers crossed :cool:)

This post from the Redmi Note 9S may be helpful. The difference is that device has a Snapdragon processor as opposed to ours which is a MediaTek.

Need Help through this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't take risk either but still half a way down to revert back, no system on my device as I had already wiped it through PBRP(not like TWRP) revovery, as I just hate this REalmeUi want to get rid of this , mine is also mtk device , facing an error ____ System partitioned doesn't exist !!!! while Gsi flashing on Realme 7 RMX2151(MTK G95) , seeking help here & there.

Sorry for this unorganised messaging

...Saurav

Jan 10, 2017
View attachment 5234319

Need Help through this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't take risk either but still half a way down to revert back, no system on my device as I had already wiped it through PBRP(not like TWRP) revovery, as I just hate this REalmeUi want to get rid of this , mine is also mtk device , facing an error ____ System partitioned doesn't exist !!!! while Gsi flashing on Realme 7 RMX2151(MTK G95) , seeking help here & there.

Sorry for this unorganised messaging

sorry previous one was my fault (was skipping a line of command ) but now I"m facing is that my device is booting into fastboot mode but got stucked on recovery(stock) page & on cmd its shows waiting for device .(previously tried on CUstom PBRP recovery same result that's why this time tried with stock recovery but same can't boot Dynamic Fastboot.
1614405859099.png

RandomAccessVemuri

Sep 20, 2021
Redmi Note 10S
sorry previous one was my fault (was skipping a line of command ) but now I"m facing is that my device is booting into fastboot mode but got stucked on recovery(stock) page & on cmd its shows waiting for device .(previously tried on CUstom PBRP recovery same result that's why this time tried with stock recovery but same can't boot Dynamic Fastboot.
View attachment 5234357
you need to install fastbootd (not to be confused with fastboot) drivers without which you can't boot into or use fastbootd mode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I do not agree with you.....
    Lots of YouTube video are made on this topics.....
    For gsi boot not only a supported ROM required (our device support) but also you have treble supported recovery....

The treble supported recovery has options to erase system separately.....which is missing in this recovery....

More over that you can not warp super partition with this recovery because their is no option in advance warp menu...

If you not agree with me you should watch video in YouTube....

Search for"install gsi via twrp"

Hope you understand..

I've flashed GSIs on so many devices using both TWRP and fastboot so I definitely know, no need for YouTube :cowboy: Your are simply misunderstanding the issue here. It's not about advanced options to access the system partition to flash like it was the case before Android Q. I explained above but maybe refer to this link for an explanation from Google and this from TWRP. Please understand the issue first before jumping to conclusions.