|Update 2021.01.24: I consider the problem mentioned here as solved, since it can be resolved with MTK Bypass explained in the Guides Section. BE CAREFUL however to ONLY choose "Download Only" from the dropdown box in SP Flashtool! DO NOT select anything with "Format" in it, else you will lose S/N, MACs and IMEIs!|
--- Original post ---
Hi, I have hard-bricked my new Realme 6 while trying to root it with Magisk. At the moment I am stuck in a bootloop at the power-on logo (realme in white letters). The boot animation (yellow realme letters) does not appear, instead the phone reboots after ~35 seconds. The bootloader says "Orange State".
I can NOT enter fastboot nor recovery mode by any key combination. Holding Power and Vol- makes the string RECOVERY MODE appear for a split second in the lower left part of the screen, however nothing happens afterwards.
I can power down by holding Power and Vol+ an releasing them immediately after the screen goes blank.
Holding Vol- and Vol+ while the phone is off and connecting USB makes a USB serial device appear on a windows machine for about 1-2 seconds before it disappears again.
I am very thankful for any hints on how to unbrick the device.
Here's what I have done in detail to mess up the phone:
1. OTA-Update to the latest OS in my region (EU11.A.48)
2. Unlocked the bootloader with the realme In-depth Test app (everything fine so far)
3. Download stock firmware RMX2001EU_11.A.48 ozip from realmeupdater.com
4. Unzipped with gnu unzip (content was readable, no extra decrytion tool for the ozip needed?) and extracted boot.img
5. Installed Magisk Manager and uploaded boot.img to the phone
6. Patched boot.img with Magisk Manager (and if I remeber correctly DIDN'T UNCHECK Preserve AVB 2.0/dm-verity)
7. Certainly FORGOT to do anything with vbmeta.img
8. Did NOT erase cache and userdata
9. Flashed patched boot.img directly and WITHOUT --disable-verity or --disable-verification
10. Rebooted the phone.
Am I correct that my problem is the AVB/dm-verity part?
Why does the modified boot.img affect the recovery (I thought they were seperate)
Can I try something with SP Flashtool?
I do have a second intact device that I didn't dare to touch yet, if that helps resolving the issue (e.g. for SP Flashtool readbacks).
As said any advice is highly welcome. Please ask I you need any more information to help.