• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Solved} Hard brick sprint v50 , I need a dump of all partitions of a sprint v50

Search This thread

Bronnel

Nov 14, 2015
Iraq
I accidentally erased all partitions in partition manager of QFIL , so the phone wouldn't even turn on , no download mode ,no EDL mode no fastboot , no nothing , so I saw a post somewhere in G8 forums and I followed it , I basically opened the back cover and connected the two gold plate pluses with a tweezer and connected to PC and it wend to EDL 9008 mode, all partitions are there but they are empty , so I need a dump of all partitions of a sprint v50 , I would be forever grateful.

Bronnel

Nov 14, 2015
Iraq
I unbricked my phone using all rawprogram xml files from this sprint V50 dump, but one thing to notice to select all xml files and flash them ,not one by one , and you will boot system eventually.

Last edited:

Bronnel

Nov 14, 2015
Iraq
Hello im having the same issue as urs, no download mode no fastboot no bootup, only edl mode being detected by my pc, im using korean variant v50 can u help me resurrect my phone too
first of all you need to be patient with it, and you will eventaully be able to boot to system
you need rawprogram for your variant , there is telegram group for LG V50 maybe you can find rawprogram for your variant, I think this guide is your best bet of restoring your phone , do everything step by step , if your are stuck at something google is your friend , believe me I learned everything this way , I hope you restore your device soon

Edit:
if you are able to enter edl mode, then give the above sprint backup a try and see if it helps, use rawprogram to flash

Last edited:

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
first of all you need to be patient with it, and you will eventaully be able to boot to system
you need rawprogram for your variant , there is telegram group for LG V50 maybe you can find rawprogram for your variant, I think this guide is your best bet of restoring your phone , do everything step by step , if your are stuck at something google is your friend , believe me I learned everything this way , I hope you restore your device soon

Edit:
if you are able to enter edl mode, then give the above sprint backup a try and see if it helps, use rawprogram to flash
Sort of stuck here, manage to use the Raw file to flash back to this version. It completed successfully. Still not able to boot. Upon restart after loading all files in "v50unbrickbackup" my phone, Sprint v50, tries to boot and after initial splash screen just repeatedly flashes the splash screen. I have no boot or recovery but do have file download mode. But since there's no KDZ for this phone I'm a bit stump.

Before funning the Raw file loads I was able to get into fastboot but it was very unusual in that it didn't say which was the active slot. I tried all fastboot commands to try and set the active boot slot but no go. Weird message about can't set slot on unlock BL. This was an Unlock BL phone, now who knows.

My thought are the phone just doesn't know where to boot from. is the a Laf or Op problem?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

SBruno

Jun 5, 2021
OnePlus 7T
I have this problem with mi V50 Sprint variant.

V50.jpeg

Do you think with your method can give life again?

Bronnel

Nov 14, 2015
Iraq
Sort of stuck here, manage to use the Raw file to flash back to this version. It completed successfully. Still not able to boot. Upon restart after loading all files in "v50unbrickbackup" my phone, Sprint v50, tries to boot and after initial splash screen just repeatedly flashes the splash screen. I have no boot or recovery but do have file download mode. But since there's no KDZ for this phone I'm a bit stump.

Before funning the Raw file loads I was able to get into fastboot but it was very unusual in that it didn't say which was the active slot. I tried all fastboot commands to try and set the active boot slot but no go. Weird message about can't set slot on unlock BL. This was an Unlock BL phone, now who knows.

My thought are the phone just doesn't know where to boot from. is the a Laf or Op problem?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
in EDL mode , partition manager erase userdata partition and try rawprogram again

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
yes if you have verizon v50 you can flash verizon kdz , it works with a patched LGUP which you can find in G8 forums somewhere, you're welcome.
Nah, I have a v450pm which is sprint so it seems lgup is out or at least i havent found anyone that got it to work with sprint model. i just get a device protection error when i try it.

Last edited:

Bronnel

Nov 14, 2015
Iraq
Nah, I have a v450pm which is sprint so it seems lgup is out or at least i havent found anyone that got it to work with sprint model. i just get a device protection error when i try it.
the unbrickbackup is from a sprint , so it should definitely work for your device , but you might need to give the rawprogram a couple of tries to get it to work , I hope it works for you.

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Nah, it never had anything to do with using the Raw0 thru 6 to restore the partitions. That worked. The problem was somehow I corrupted my FTM partition which is a killer during the boot process. I would get the original splash screen and the then the splash screen would just start flashing. I would have never found it if I hadn't paid $14 to have the phones restored via Medusa 2.2 pro/Russian dude. He restored the entire phone but when it start to "Splash Screen flash" again he new exactly what it was. He loaded the FTM partition with a copy he had and boom, it booted right up.

I now have a working v450pm, boot unlocked, twrped and root. Did I read somewhere that you flashed one of the A11 roms? If so how's it working? Recommend one?
Steve

Bronnel

Nov 14, 2015
Iraq
I now have a working v450pm, boot unlocked, twrped and root. Did I read somewhere that you flashed one of the A11 roms? If so how's it working? Recommend one?
Steve
I'm glad you finally got your phone up and running again, I recommend making a backup of all partitions in case something goes wrong again , and make sure you save the backup on google drive or something , because it may get corrupted overtime.

I tried most roms available for v50, but I think Evolution X is most stable of them, it was really smooth and fast, but I haven't test out everything, I only installed it to see how was the experience then went back to stock.

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm glad you finally got your phone up and running again, I recommend making a backup of all partitions in case something goes wrong again , and make sure you save the backup on google drive or something , because it may get corrupted overtime.

I tried most roms available for v50, but I think Evolution X is most stable of them, it was really smooth and fast, but I haven't test out everything, I only installed it to see how was the experience then went back to stock.
Were you able to activate on a US mobile network ie tmobile or att? Don't know if you're in the States.

I tried the CrossFlash rom here: forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-crossflash-v450pm-to-v500em-android-11.4342455/#post-85790865

But it doesn't seem be able to actually logon to a mobile network. One guy said he got data on Verizon but couldn't make a call. I had the same problem with Google Fi. I had data temporarily but couldn't make a call and now it won't even get data.

Bronnel

Nov 14, 2015
Iraq
Were you able to activate on a US mobile network ie tmobile or att? Don't know if you're in the States.

I tried the CrossFlash rom here: forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-crossflash-v450pm-to-v500em-android-11.4342455/#post-85790865

But it doesn't seem be able to actually logon to a mobile network. One guy said he got data on Verizon but couldn't make a call. I had the same problem with Google Fi. I had data temporarily but couldn't make a call and now it won't even get data.
My carrier is a GSM network , I'm not in US so I'm not familiar with CDMA networks, cheers

luetaj

Jan 5, 2016
LG V50 ThinQ
Hi , I have the same problem stuck in edl mode and unable to boot into download mode and not booting up .
My phone is a SK telecome lg v50 , so can i use this unbrickbackup file to flash ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I need a dump of all partitions of a sprint v50, can you give me it :((
    here is the link
    if my devices pin 0%, can my phone boot ??
    that is no issue if you go to edl mode you can operate with 0 battery , and when you unbrick , it will boot to system and charge without issue.
    I think it should work, but first backup fta, modem a , modem b , modemst a, modemst b partitions, then use the unbrick backup, then your device will boot , but you will get OPID mismatch , now you have two options
    1- enter edl mode and those partitions that you backed up, and now you may be able to boot without issue
    2- enter download mode , and flash your region kdz (go to lge website to download it ) then flashed using patched lgup which you can find at lg g8 forums

I have not tested this , it should technically work but you must do it at your own risk, I'm not responsible if you brick it to unrepairable state.
    Good luck
    I was able to unbrick the phone ..very shortly i will share the process as you guys have given but i made few changes.
    I need a dump of all partitions of a sprint v50, can you give me it :((
    here is the link
    if my devices pin 0%, can my phone boot ??
    that is no issue if you go to edl mode you can operate with 0 battery , and when you unbrick , it will boot to system and charge without issue.
    I think it should work, but first backup fta, modem a , modem b , modemst a, modemst b partitions, then use the unbrick backup, then your device will boot , but you will get OPID mismatch , now you have two options
    1- enter edl mode and those partitions that you backed up, and now you may be able to boot without issue
    2- enter download mode , and flash your region kdz (go to lge website to download it ) then flashed using patched lgup which you can find at lg g8 forums

I have not tested this , it should technically work but you must do it at your own risk, I'm not responsible if you brick it to unrepairable state.
    Good luck
    I was able to unbrick the phone ..very shortly i will share the process as you guys have given but i made few changes.