Question [SOLVED] HarmonyOS Install on P50 Pro Global

Search This thread

Peludo27

Sep 17, 2022
use ROms in halab tech for emui 12 to harmony, icededo try reset factory and clean cache, restar multiple times and erecovery GO

freaktunning

Jun 15, 2022
i try and fail

Attachments

• 2022-09-28 20.25.39.jpg
    2022-09-28 20.25.39.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 92

jfer671

Jun 17, 2014
Dededo
Hello guys!

I just have another question, Since the day I changed my p50 pro from EMUI to HarmonyOS, I did not receieve any HarmonyOS update, now the FW is 2.0.1.197 (C432E3R4P1)

Is there any idea how to get new update?
You need to update via HiSuite on your PC...it will detect all updates for your device. I updated from EMUI 12 to HarmonyOS and never received OTA updates until I plugged into my PC then HiSuite indicated I had updates. I had 3 updates since and now I'm on HOS 2.0.1.257

jfer671

Jun 17, 2014
Dededo
What region are you?

My region was set to Hong Kong, China before upgrading from EMUI 12 to HOS 2.0.1

Both settings and My HUAWEI app

After setting your region, connect to PC and choose "transfer files" on usb connection. Enter 8 digit code to connect HiSuite, and click Update.

HiSuite to start detecting all updates for your device.

Attachments

• IMG_20221001_100205.jpg
    IMG_20221001_100205.jpg
    10 MB · Views: 130

aafrankies

Dec 10, 2020
What region are you?

My region was set to Hong Kong, China before upgrading from EMUI 12 to HOS 2.0.1

Both settings and My HUAWEI app

After setting your region, connect to PC and choose "transfer files" on usb connection. Enter 8 digit code to connect HiSuite, and click Update.

HiSuite to start detecting all updates for your device.
i've changed region and MyHuawei, but HiSuite stil don't recognise any update for Harmony OS

Last edited:

PeterKheim

Jan 2, 2021
Kornwestheim
Huawei P50 Pro
there will be no update from EMUI 12 to HOS 3 for the global version. EMUI 13, which comes with the launch of the global version of the Mate 50 pro, will also be available for the P50 pro later this year.

Reactions: robi101012981

PeterKheim

Jan 2, 2021
Kornwestheim
Huawei P50 Pro
information about it too

and here

PeterKheim

Jan 2, 2021
Kornwestheim
Huawei P50 Pro
I have a tablet MatePad Pro 11-inch with global version of HarmonyOS 3 and the P50 pro with EMOI 12 and can't really see any differences or advantages in comparison, both are on Android. Except for a few tablet-typical settings, I don't see anything that would personally tempt me to make the effort to upgrade from EMUI 12 to HOS 2. When EMOI 13 is out it would be HOS 3 it seems to me the same with two names one more in China models and tablets and the other name for global smartphones. So far, GMS does not work with EMOI or HarmonyOS in the international versions, maybe there will be a possibility....
I actually get along quite well without Google on the P50 pro, the missing 5G for the future bothers me.
Everything is perfect with the MatePad Pro 11 because it is the WiFi model and it is certified according to Widevine DRM Level 1. Netflix and Co works in FHD, the P50 pro has no certification, which is not so bad with the smaller display.

Reactions: karkand

jfer671

Jun 17, 2014
Dededo
i've changed region and MyHuawei, but HiSuite stil don't recognise any update for Harmony OS
I've rolled back to EMUI12 and back to HOS just a few minutes ago using HiSuite, then did the dload upgrade method from @theintelligent. Went through the setup process and set it to Hong Kong region. Plugged phone back into PC and opened HiSuite, clicked update and again, indicated I had updates ready. Back to HOS 2.0.1.257 after several restarts.

My device: Pro JAD-LX9 Global

aafrankies

Dec 10, 2020
I've rolled back to EMUI12 and back to HOS just a few minutes ago using HiSuite, then did the dload upgrade method from @theintelligent. Went through the setup process and set it to Hong Kong region. Plugged phone back into PC and opened HiSuite, clicked update and again, indicated I had updates ready. Back to HOS 2.0.1.257 after several restarts.

My device: Pro JAD-LX9 Global
which region do you have? it's don't work for c432

Reactions: freaktunning

jfer671

Jun 17, 2014
Dededo
which region do you have? it's don't work for c432
C318, although I wouldn't recommend updating from 259 to 273. There are Bluetooth issues causing it to consistently disconnect and reconnect mainly from radio head units. For ear buds like the Huawei FreeBuds, callers are saying I sound far away...hopefully huawei knows about this now and is working on a fix...otherwise I will be rolling back to EMUI and back to 259.

Reactions: aafrankies

PeterKheim

Jan 2, 2021
Kornwestheim
Huawei P50 Pro
has anyone managed to put Harmony OS 3.0 on global p50 pro?

Yesterday I looked with the beta app and it offered me emui 13 beta to test.
But it was too early for me because the p50 pro is my daily driver and I don't want to experiment
with apps that might not work then.
Never touch a well running system, it's always saved me a lot of fuss.

EMUI 13 and HarmonyOS 3 are based on the same Android kernel and it should be version 12.
People who have already compared both could not find any significant differences between the two versions.
Device + means super device, some settings such as location can now be found at HOS under Security.

I had already written that I personally could not find any advantages between the EMUI 12 and
the HarmonyOS 3 Global Version on the MateTab pro 11.

Even super device has a problem with me and only finds the FreeBuds Pro 2 with me HUAWEI Sound Joy or the Router HUAWEI WiFi AX3 (quad-core) and the HUAWEI MateBook X Pro 2021 and other devices like EMUI 12
with the Ai Live App couple the , think and hope that the error will be corrected with an update.
One more reason for me to wait for the final version of EMUI 13, if you still want to test it, feel free.

Peludo27

Sep 17, 2022

Yesterday I looked with the beta app and it offered me emui 13 beta to test.
But it was too early for me because the p50 pro is my daily driver and I don't want to experiment
with apps that might not work then.
Never touch a well running system, it's always saved me a lot of fuss.

EMUI 13 and HarmonyOS 3 are based on the same Android kernel and it should be version 12.
People who have already compared both could not find any significant differences between the two versions.
Device + means super device, some settings such as location can now be found at HOS under Security.

I had already written that I personally could not find any advantages between the EMUI 12 and
the HarmonyOS 3 Global Version on the MateTab pro 11.

Even super device has a problem with me and only finds the FreeBuds Pro 2 with me HUAWEI Sound Joy or the Router HUAWEI WiFi AX3 (quad-core) and the HUAWEI MateBook X Pro 2021 and other devices like EMUI 12
with the Ai Live App couple the , think and hope that the error will be corrected with an update.
One more reason for me to wait for the final version of EMUI 13, if you still want to test it, feel free.
Version android and region? Jad lx9 cant open BETA app to login

Reactions: freaktunning

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huawei P50 Pro Rebrand done by Telegram user gmsservices Thanks a lot.
    also updated Harmony 3.0.0.162 . google services also working fine without any single issue.
    only issue i am facing ; VoLTE not working . not worked before EMUI 12.
    so i need some help to enable VoLTE on it, here in India most of carrier support VoLTE calling only.
    i also have Huawei Mate 40 pro Chinees variant , this phone support VoLTE.
    he used below tools .....see screen shots
    It's on JAD-AL00 after rebrand? HarmonyOS 3.0?
    1. convert from jad lx9 to jad al00
    2. update ota harmony os 3.0
    3. install gms native work 3 weeks and now fail :)
    1. convert from jad lx9 to jad al00
    2. update ota harmony os 3.0
    3. install gms native work 3 weeks and now fail :)
    How did you convert jad-lx9 to jad-al00? Have you experienced any issues during the convertion? Because i have jad-lx9 and im thinking about harmony os and i tried all the possibillities with china app store and "my huawei" but no luck.Maybe its not combatible with global?or my country? i dont know :p Did u have the global version?
    read up you see i put the wechat contact for convert
    ok...i tried to make wechat account but it says to find a person who has already a wechat account in order to proceed.
    Found a way to update. Please follow the below tutorial.
    1. Download the folder https://mega.nz/folder/hMI1CQ7B#2oIjaFuEIKaxdu2h6--nqA (Mirrors are highly appreciated, so download and upload for others).
    2. Place this folder in a USB drive.
    3. Use an OTG cable to connect the USB drive to the P50 Pro.
    4. Dial *#*#2846579#*#* from the dial pad.
    5. Select option 4, and then option 1, press ok. The phone will restart and the upgrade will start.
    CAUTION
    ******** This process will wipe all the data.
    ******** I am not responsible for any bricks.

Important Points
    If you have trouble downloading the whole folder from mega, download the files individually and place on the USB drive. Make sure the folder structure is same on the USB drive as in the download link.

If you face error when copying files to USB drive, check the file system. Change the file system to either NTFS or exFAT.
    What is the point to update to harmony if you can't install gms anyway, plus for eu phones i think you will lose some lte bends. I have mate 40 rs chinese Chinese and in some countries lte reception is worse, anyone successful instead gms?
    bro...
    1. You CAN install native GMS on the Huawei P50 Pro on HarmonyOS. We just did it and it works perfectly. No Sandbox.
    2. You CAN'T Loose LTE Bands because of a different rom. This is just not true.
    bro, please tell me how to install native GMS on Huawei P50 Pro running Harmony OS? Mine is P50 Pro running Harmony OS 2.01. Currently I am using GSpace. Thanks.
    Bro. Try it with this video:

And tell me if it worked. For us, it did work with some small adjustments. I'll try to publish a little guide in the next days.

Edit: Guide is published. Unfortunately it seems to work only with the China Version of the p50 pro
    Huawei P50 Pro Rebrand done by Telegram user gmsservices Thanks a lot.
    also updated Harmony 3.0.0.162 . google services also working fine without any single issue.
    only issue i am facing ; VoLTE not working . not worked before EMUI 12.
    so i need some help to enable VoLTE on it, here in India most of carrier support VoLTE calling only.
    i also have Huawei Mate 40 pro Chinees variant , this phone support VoLTE.
    he used below tools .....see screen shots
    bro...
    1. You CAN install native GMS on the Huawei P50 Pro on HarmonyOS. We just did it and it works perfectly. No Sandbox.
    2. You CAN'T Loose LTE Bands because of a different rom. This is just not true.
    bro, please tell me how to install native GMS on Huawei P50 Pro running Harmony OS? Mine is P50 Pro running Harmony OS 2.01. Currently I am using GSpace. Thanks.