Question [SOLVED] HarmonyOS Install on P50 Pro Global

Search This thread

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
I have the snapdragon version. And when I bought it, battery was terrible and I also had problems with proximity sensor and a few more. The truth is tha after the latest update, all fixed. Battery is better after the update but not as I expected.
For example, now, I have 36%. I charged it yesterday at 18:00 100%. Now I have 36%. It seems that these are a lot of hours but on screen only 5 hours. 2 hours in screen yesterday and 2 hours and 39 minutes today. Until 2% it will go at 5 hours and 40 minutes maximum. I think is software problem. I'm sure that with the next updates, it will be more improved
As for the chipset. Incredible. So fast.. Cameras extraordinary. But software issue on the moon. It doesn't recognizes the moon after the update. But these are software problems.
Thank you for your reply.
1 hour SOT from 36% - 2%? 🤦🤦 Definitely something wrong there !
Snapdragon 888 is the problem. Even on the new Honor phones, the battery is horrendous. All down to the snapdragon 8 Gen 1. I'm considering buy the p50 pro Kirin 9000 version which I heard has better battery life.

Mpampinos

May 12, 2022
Thank you for your reply.
1 hour SOT from 36% - 2%? 🤦🤦 Definitely something wrong there !
Snapdragon 888 is the problem. Even on the new Honor phones, the battery is horrendous. All down to the snapdragon 8 Gen 1. I'm considering buy the p50 pro Kirin 9000 version which I heard has better battery life.
Maybe 1 and a half. It depends what apps are running in the background. But I also heard but things, many negative about kirin :/
I don't know, I'm good with snapdragon and I think all these problems will be fixed in the next update.

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
Maybe 1 and a half. It depends what apps are running in the background. But I also heard but things, many negative about kirin :/
I don't know, I'm good with snapdragon and I think all these problems will be fixed in the next update.
What bad things have you heard about the Kirin? Looking at YouTube videos, the Kirin has amazing battery life. Infact, in a video I saw by YouTuber Technick, the p50 pro lasted only 20 minutes or even 10 minutes less than the iphone 13 pro max, which is just amazing

aramy11

May 26, 2015

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220605_130505_com.android.settings_edit_25334591086740.jpg
    Screenshot_20220605_130505_com.android.settings_edit_25334591086740.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 107

Mpampinos

May 12, 2022
hello dear its you p50 pro global jad lx9 or. china model? i want flash or. upgrade my jad lx9 to harmony os. this is my phone. can i flash it or. its possible not working dear plz tell me

this is my telegram number
+15173121568
I have the global version with emui. I tried but with no luck. I think that harmony os isn't available in Europe yet.

wakleman

Sep 30, 2008
Just updated to Harmony. change app gallery and my huawei region to China and update to the latest app version. Force stop, Clear both apps cache and data in setting, and clear cache in my huawei app. Restart phone and go to system update and you will see new update available which is Harmony os, download and install. It may takes time to Harmony os update available to appear. Good luck

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220627_235531_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20220627_235531_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_20220628_003344_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628_003344_com.huawei.android.hwouc.jpg
    418.3 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

Mpampinos

May 12, 2022
Just updated to Harmony. change app gallery and my huawei region to China and update to the latest app version. Clear both apps cache in setting, and clear cache in my huawei app. Restart phone and go to system update and you will see new update available which is Harmony os, download and install. It may takes time to Harmony os update available to appear. Good luck
Hello, do you have global version, or China?
Cause I tried and it has updated to emui 12.0.1.242 😅

wakleman

Sep 30, 2008
Hello, do you have global version, or China?
Cause I tried and it has updated to emui 12.0.1.242 😅
Mine p50 pro global version (Malaysia) latest update, you can see my emui version in the screenshot. Follow my steps above, let it be in China region and you have to wait for the server push the update to you. Try check update everyday if you not see the harmony os update.

Attachments

• petal_20220628_075732.mp4
    970.8 KB · Views: 0
  • petal_20220628_081019.mp4
    707.8 KB · Views: 0

Mpampinos

May 12, 2022
Mine p50 pro global version (Malaysia) latest update, you can see my emui version in the screenshot. Follow my steps above, let it be in China region and you have to wait for the server push the update to you. Try check update everyday if you not see the harmony os update.
I did all these steps,but I changed it immediately, after I pushed the the software update. Okk I'll try this method. I change the country to China from the setting of the smartphone, the appa gallery and the "my huawei" app also? And then I wait? Or I change only from "my huawei" app? 😝

wakleman

Sep 30, 2008
I did all these steps,but I changed it immediately, after I pushed the the software update. Okk I'll try this method. I change the country to China from the setting of the smartphone, the appa gallery and the "my huawei" app also? And then I wait? Or I change only from "my huawei" app? 😝
Yes, very simple and straight forward. No need VPN, pull out simcard, turn off location, download firmware, or whatsoever.

1. Set region in system language & region to China. No need to change language.
2. Set country/region in App Gallery to China. Update app.
3. Set country/region in My Huawei to China. Update app.
4. Force stop both apps, and clear cache and clear data.
5. Restart phone.
6. Open both apps and make sure is set to China country/region.
7. Clear cache in My Huawei app before Tap the red button🔺🔴,
8. Tap blue "try it now" button in Chinese. It will go to system update page and automatically check for update. If no harmony os update available, try check for update every 24 hours is enough.
9. If I in Malaysia can updated, I believe everyone can update to the Harmony os using this method.
10. Don't change the country/region yet. Patience to check update and clear in app My Huawei cache every 24 hours 😁 no need to check every minute 🤪

Attachments

• petal_20220628_154611.mp4
    9.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: zefirz

Mpampinos

May 12, 2022
Yes, very simple and straight forward. No need VPN, pull out simcard, turn off location, download firmware, or whatsoever.

1. Set region in system language & region to China. No need to change language.
2. Set country/region in App Gallery to China. Update app.
3. Set country/region in My Huawei to China. Update app.
4. Force stop both apps, and clear cache and clear data.
5. Restart phone.
6. Open both apps and make sure is set to China country/region.
7. Clear cache in My Huawei app before Tap the red button🔼,
8. Tap blue "try it now" button in Chinese. It will go to system update page and automatically check for update. If no harmony os update available, try check for update every 24 hours is enough.
9. If I in Malaysia can updated, I believe everyone can update to the Harmony os using this method.
10. Don't change the country/region yet. Patience to check update and clear in app My Huawei cache every 24 hours 😁 no need to check every minute 🤪
Okk, I'll try it..
In 2nd and 3nd step, you say to set the country to China, and then update app.. It needs to be updated? I have the latest version 😜 and the the same to "my huawei" app.

Mpampinos

May 12, 2022
Have you check the video above? At the end? Show me how you do it
I did all, as u said. That's I was telling you is that when I tap in the trying now, it show the devices that are compatible with harmonyOs. And there are many devices.. The P50 Pro is not listed 😝 that's I was telling you.

Attachments

• VN20220628_123926.mp4
    22.7 MB · Views: 0

wakleman

Sep 30, 2008
I did all, as u said. That's I was telling you is that when I tap in the trying now, it show the devices that are compatible with harmonyOs. And there are many devices.. The P50 Pro is not listed 😝 that's I was telling you.
Nothing like attached photo? Blue button?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628_173809.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628_173809.jpg
    804.9 KB · Views: 33

wakleman

Sep 30, 2008
Yes I said u the video, under the blue button says the devices that are compatible with harmonyOs.. P50 pro is not listed 😝
It doesn't matter if the P50 pro is not listed😂 as long as you and me see the same page, same text and you can Tap the Blue Button. Which is more important? You want p50 pro to be listed in the description or you want to update to Harmony os? 🤣

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628_175734.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628_175734.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What is the point to update to harmony if you can't install gms anyway, plus for eu phones i think you will lose some lte bends. I have mate 40 rs chinese Chinese and in some countries lte reception is worse, anyone successful instead gms?
    bro...
    1. You CAN install native GMS on the Huawei P50 Pro on HarmonyOS. We just did it and it works perfectly. No Sandbox.
    2. You CAN'T Loose LTE Bands because of a different rom. This is just not true.
    bro, please tell me how to install native GMS on Huawei P50 Pro running Harmony OS? Mine is P50 Pro running Harmony OS 2.01. Currently I am using GSpace. Thanks.
    Bro. Try it with this video:

And tell me if it worked. For us, it did work with some small adjustments. I'll try to publish a little guide in the next days.

Edit: Guide is published. Unfortunately it seems to work only with the China Version of the p50 pro
    bro...
    1. You CAN install native GMS on the Huawei P50 Pro on HarmonyOS. We just did it and it works perfectly. No Sandbox.
    bro, please tell me how to install native GMS on Huawei P50 Pro running Harmony OS? Mine is P50 Pro running Harmony OS 2.01. Currently I am using GSpace. Thanks.
    i tried 20 times, along with the download by erecovery, then i managed to downgrade, you must to be patient
    Thanks , only erecovery worked.
    use OurPlay
    What is the point to update to harmony if you can't install gms anyway, plus for eu phones i think you will lose some lte bends. I have mate 40 rs chinese Chinese and in some countries lte reception is worse, anyone successful instead gms?
    bro...
    Bro. Try it with this video:

And tell me if it worked. For us, it did work with some small adjustments. I'll try to publish a little guide in the next days.

Edit: Guide is published. Unfortunately it seems to work only with the China Version of the p50 pro
    Found a way to update. Please follow the below tutorial.
    1. Download the folder https://mega.nz/folder/hMI1CQ7B#2oIjaFuEIKaxdu2h6--nqA (Mirrors are highly appreciated, so download and upload for others).
    2. Place this folder in a USB drive.
    3. Use an OTG cable to connect the USB drive to the P50 Pro.
    4. Dial *#*#2846579#*#* from the dial pad.
    5. Select option 4, and then option 1, press ok. The phone will restart and the upgrade will start.
    CAUTION
    ******** This process will wipe all the data.
    ******** I am not responsible for any bricks.

Important Points
    If you have trouble downloading the whole folder from mega, download the files individually and place on the USB drive. Make sure the folder structure is same on the USB drive as in the download link.

If you face error when copying files to USB drive, check the file system. Change the file system to either NTFS or exFAT.
    bro...
    Mission accomplished!!

1660641782188.png