Question [SOLVED] HarmonyOS Install on P50 Pro Global

Search This thread

Armityle11

Sep 21, 2022
Found a way to update. Please follow the below tutorial.
  1. Download the folder https://mega.nz/folder/hMI1CQ7B#2oIjaFuEIKaxdu2h6--nqA (Mirrors are highly appreciated, so download and upload for others).
  2. Place this folder in a USB drive.
  3. Use an OTG cable to connect the USB drive to the P50 Pro.
  4. Dial *#*#2846579#*#* from the dial pad.
  5. Select option 4, and then option 1, press ok. The phone will restart and the upgrade will start.
CAUTION
******** This process will wipe all the data.
******** I am not responsible for any bricks.

Important Points
If you have trouble downloading the whole folder from mega, download the files individually and place on the USB drive. Make sure the folder structure is same on the USB drive as in the download link.

If you face error when copying files to USB drive, check the file system. Change the file system to either NTFS or exFAT.
tried your tutorial, and it says 'software install failed, incompatibility with current version. Please download the correct update package'

putin102a

Sep 23, 2022
Hello My friends. Can anyone help me go back to emui 12. I updated my phone to harmony os 2.0.1 and now I cant update to emui 12 wia dload method. I got verify update failure.

icededo

try factory reset, format cache partition and reboot several times, then work update by erecovery

Hello
sorry could you explain what to do with erecovery because when I enter it asks me to download and update by wifi but then start after a while i have the message "Get package info failed".
I have try factory reset, format cache partition a couple of time and restart a couple of time too but when enter in erocevery i have that problem.
if you can help me i appreciate it very much

Thanks

aafrankies

Dec 10, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hello
sorry could you explain what to do with erecovery because when I enter it asks me to download and update by wifi but then start after a while i have the message "Get package info failed".
I have try factory reset, format cache partition a couple of time and restart a couple of time too but when enter in erocevery i have that problem.
if you can help me i appreciate it very much

Thanks
you must try all steps several times

Reactions: icededo

IzzatJaradat

Oct 6, 2014
Amman, Jordan
www.facebook.com
Hello friends, any one can get the updated firmware ( this Harmonyos Firmware is with January 2022 , mean its old and it's doesn't support OTA update ), so any one have another one with latest update or at least support OTA update !! ?

kaanarli

Jul 25, 2022
Hello guys!

I just have another question, Since the day I changed my p50 pro from EMUI to HarmonyOS, I did not receieve any HarmonyOS update, now the FW is 2.0.1.197 (C432E3R4P1)

Is there any idea how to get new update?

freaktunning

Jun 15, 2022
how is the battery on the p50 pro with harmony os?
on emui 12 is big fail, gspace = battery fail

I tried the steps from the first message and it gives an error
I tried to update from myhuawei with the zone set to hong kong, with a hong kong vpn and in vain, I can't update from emui 12 to Harmony OS
any suggestions?
thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Found a way to update. Please follow the below tutorial.
    1. Download the folder https://mega.nz/folder/hMI1CQ7B#2oIjaFuEIKaxdu2h6--nqA (GDrive Here thanks to @zefirz).
    2. Place this folder in a USB drive.
    3. Use an OTG cable to connect the USB drive to the P50 Pro.
    4. Dial *#*#2846579#*#* from the dial pad.
    5. Select option 4, and then option 1, press ok. The phone will restart and the upgrade will start.
    CAUTION
    ******** This process will wipe all the data.
    ******** I am not responsible for any bricks.

Important Points
    If you have trouble downloading the whole folder from mega, download the files individually and place on the USB drive. Make sure the folder structure is same on the USB drive as in the download link.

If you face error when copying files to USB drive, check the file system. Change the file system to either NTFS or exFAT.
    What is the point to update to harmony if you can't install gms anyway, plus for eu phones i think you will lose some lte bends. I have mate 40 rs chinese Chinese and in some countries lte reception is worse, anyone successful instead gms?
    bro...
    1. You CAN install native GMS on the Huawei P50 Pro on HarmonyOS. We just did it and it works perfectly. No Sandbox.
    2. You CAN'T Loose LTE Bands because of a different rom. This is just not true.
    bro, please tell me how to install native GMS on Huawei P50 Pro running Harmony OS? Mine is P50 Pro running Harmony OS 2.01. Currently I am using GSpace. Thanks.
    Bro. Try it with this video:

And tell me if it worked. For us, it did work with some small adjustments. I'll try to publish a little guide in the next days.

Edit: Guide is published. Unfortunately it seems to work only with the China Version of the p50 pro
    bro...
    1. You CAN install native GMS on the Huawei P50 Pro on HarmonyOS. We just did it and it works perfectly. No Sandbox.
    2. You CAN'T Loose LTE Bands because of a different rom. This is just not true.
    bro, please tell me how to install native GMS on Huawei P50 Pro running Harmony OS? Mine is P50 Pro running Harmony OS 2.01. Currently I am using GSpace. Thanks.
    Mission accomplished!!

1660641782188.png