[SOLVED] HELP! i cant get past the lock screen!

Search This thread

oneplusausage

Oct 5, 2019
Sony Xperia Ion
i9100
Good morning!!

i need some quick help if possible! You can even PM me so we can troubleshoot through discord.

TL;DR: the screen instantly goes black, restarts and returns to lockscreen the moment i unlock my device with the pattern (i suspect it's SYSTEMUI but can't be 100% sure). i can't get in now and got some work related data i need to recover from a widget that contains text along with chats from Whatsapp Plus.
stupid me did not make a nandroid backup in TWRP and now i'm screwed.

I use a Oneplus one with RR-O-v6.1.0-20180613-bacon-Official Ressurection Remix ROM based on android 8.1. Kernel is default/unchanged. Magisk is newest version (i think there were no updates for months now). I got 2 modules:
- busybox.
- Magisk Hide .Props config (a small terminal utility that can make google think i use a opo6 with android 9 [that's what i chose] so i get app updates) worked fine for half a year.

Then i took a look and saw an update for both. updating Busybox crashed magisk. Updating .props config seemed ok and just required rebooting like normal.
That's it essentially. since the reboot i can't get past the unlock screen anymore.

I tried the following:

i visited this link https://magiskroot.net/uninstall-magisk-module-twrp/ to first try to boot in core-only mode. then with disabled modules, then i uninstalled Magisk entirely using magisk uninstaller flashable zip from magisk manager (dot) com

the problem persists. i wiped cache and Dalvik/ART cache too but still the same.

besides the obvious clean re-flash that will wipe my data is there anything i can do to save it?

also i tried to attach a logcat but doing it just gives me one line an then nothing when doing it in ADB while the oneplus is in recovery mode.
If device is on (on lockscreen) i get 'waiting for device'. i searched and that could be because the ADB debugging checkmark is off... any way to turn it on using adb?
could wiping JUST Boot or System in TWRP do anyting?
since i got Titanium backup, can it restore data from a TWRP backup?

please help if possible.

Last edited:
(...)

TL;DR: the screen instantly goes black, restarts and returns to lockscreen the moment i unlock my device with the pattern (i suspect it's SYSTEMUI but can be 100% sure). i Can't get in now and got some work related data i need to recover from a widget that contains text along with chats from Whatsapp Plus.
(...)

Have you ever looked through google: Bypass Lockscreen xda?
The first link indicates the solution. Try it out.

oneplusausage

Oct 5, 2019
Sony Xperia Ion
i9100
Have you ever looked through google: Bypass Lockscreen xda?
The first link indicates the solution. Try it out.

Hello :good: ,
TL; DR: IT WORKED! many thanks to you, i googled a lot but your suggestion went over my head.

below info added for completion 's sake so it potentially could help future users:

meanwhile in addition to my post, i dirty flashed the original ROM (same version) without wiping anything.

i suspected that it would just bypass the PIN and lock, not the whole lockscreen.. i know both the pin and pattern, it just crashes after entering the correct pattern.
I did your google search which linked me to https://xdaforums.com/android/software-hacking/remove-lockscreen-recovery-t3530008
indeed. the pattern is successfully removed leaving me with just the 'swipe up to unlock' screen. i expected that it would crash after swiping up but it went to the homescreen thankfully!
some notes. As per guide i indeed deleted the below 3 files using the explorer in TWRP located in /data/system:
locksettings.db
locksettings.db-shm
locksettings.db-wal

however the files password.key and pattern.key were not present at all but in my case it didn't make any difference.

EDIT: added info and fixed spelling mistakes

Last edited: