[SOLVED] [HELP] No Mobile Data in SGS2

Search This thread
Nov 1, 2010
Colombo
Hello folks, this is my first post :) Hope to have a solution for my M250S converted to Galaxy S2 which I'm having a problem with. :(

I'll get to the point straight.

The problem that I'm with S2 is that I'm not able to use mobile data. Even though I've enabled mobile data from settings, No mobile data icon is shown in status bar. I've set up APN settings correctly as well. Did try with different network SIM with correct APN settings. But no luck. I'm talking about either EDGE, HSPA or 3G icon in the status bar (like in attachment below).

But internet via WiFi works fine. Tried flashing a new stock ROM, custom ROM, wiping out cache, factory resetting and turning on "WCDMA only" as well :crying:

Could this be a hardware fault? Or firmware issue (like csc or modem)?

Note : On the first day I purchased the phone, mobile data worked (and it was already converted to i9100). But backside of the phone near camera got overheated. Then I turned mobile data off and switched to wifi. Afterwards I can't remember that I could use mobile data.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 2.png
    2.png
    7.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Nov 1, 2010
Colombo

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
Yes, I flashed the Jellybean stock ROM 4.1.2 (XWLSN) and hoped to get a solution for the problem. But no luck.

So you can make calls and no data. Just try a restore of your efs. Its a very bad file that can be curupted so easy. Most will have no call but data. See were im coming from on this. Worth a try.

i9100
alliance 7.3

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
So you can make calls and no data. Just try a restore of your efs. Its a very bad file that can be curupted so easy. Most will have no call but data. See were im coming from on this. Worth a try.

i9100
alliance 7.3
I heard in some countries, even the generic Samsung IMEI may work for calls or Internet!

@OP: have u verified that ur IMEI number is correct and the same as that below ur battery? (Do not post the IMEI here)

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
Sent from my SGS II

Nov 1, 2010
Colombo

i9100
alliance 7.3

I don't know how to do that :(

I heard in some countries, even the generic Samsung IMEI may work for calls or Internet!

@OP: have u verified that ur IMEI number is correct and the same as that below ur battery? (Do not post the IMEI here)

Sent from my SGS II

There's no IMEI in the sticker under the battery. Just some korean words.

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east

Sent from my SGS II

Yes this is true. Just depends on were you are in the world and what network. Funny how sam has made that imei built into the phone.

i9100
alliance 7.3

Nov 1, 2010
Colombo
Maybe you should try another I9100 firmware.

This guide covers how to successfully flash it:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1595225

Sent from my SGS II

Thanks man. Flashed i9100 4.0.4 ICS stock ROM and it works :good: I think it's a problem with 4.1.2 JB stock ROM and 4.1.2 based custom ROMs :(
Wonder why it's only my M250S which has faced this problem :confused:

Yes this is true. Just depends on were you are in the world and what network. Funny how sam has made that imei built into the phone.

i9100
alliance 7.3

It's very insecure I suppose not to print IMEI under the battery.

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
Thanks man. Flashed i9100 4.0.4 ICS stock ROM and it works :good: I think it's a problem with 4.1.2 JB stock ROM and 4.1.2 based custom ROMs :(

It's very insecure I suppose not to print IMEI under the battery.

If you havent bked up now is the time:D

i9100
alliance 7.3

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
Glad u sorted it out mate!
Maybe another JB firmware will work out for u. That you can try later.

For now,
uploadfromtaptalk1366026949360.jpg

And please add [SOLVED] to the title of ur post. :)

Sent from my SGS II

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Problem solved in JB ROM as well. You need to have at least two APNs in order to get mobile data working :)
    I flashed M250S 4.0.4 ROM and after that it works fine. But not with i9100 :(

Maybe you should try another I9100 firmware.

This guide covers how to successfully flash it:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1595225

Sent from my SGS II
    Im having this problem exactly with my Motorola Razr with a stock Canadian based firmware (FIDO-CANADA). Btw Im living in the Philippines and there is no official support of firmware for my country so will asian based firmware work? Coudn't really use mobile data even if I reconfigured and flashed different versions of CM on it :( please help, I'm avoiding of downloading another huge size of firmware and hardly flashing again on my device :(
    You have to create a dummy apn and the original apn. The original apn can be obtained from your mobile service provider.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone