(SOLVED)Help with fastboot for install twrp downloading boot.img

Search This thread

danilolegenda

Mar 5, 2021
Hello , sorry for my bad english , i have a moto z3 play model xt1929-6 , i unlock the bootloader with program "minimal adb and fastbood", now i try to boot the img of recovery but the program say "
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>fastboot boot twrp-3.5.0_9-0-beckham.img
downloading 'boot.img'..." and stays there.. :( .
the command what i use is " fastboot devices----fastboot boot "boot.img or name of img".
pls help me.
asdasdasd.jpg

ineedroot69

Nov 13, 2019
try renaming twrp-3.5.0_9-0-beckham.img to a.img then place a.img into My Computer>Local Disk ( C: )
then type
Code:
fastboot flash boot C:\a.img

ADB hate spaces and symbol on .img files ...

ineedroot69

Nov 13, 2019
are you trying to backup your partition before going full root??
don't do fastboot flash boot you will not have stock boot.img backup you can try

Code:
fastboot erase boot
fastboot boot a.img

Last edited:

ineedroot69

Nov 13, 2019
i try to boot the twrp for install this like a see in tutorial, try fastboot flash boot ?
fastboot flash boot command is permanent (you will have permanent TWRP recovery installed on your phone)
fastboot boot command is temporary (It would just load TWRP temporary and used for mainly file recovery or backup)

it's depends on your decision

danilolegenda

Mar 5, 2021
fastboot flash boot command is permanent (you will have permanent TWRP recovery installed on your phone)
fastboot boot command is temporary (It would just load TWRP temporary and used for mainly file recovery or backup)

it's depends on your decision
ahhh ok, then can I install the twrp using the img and the command "fastboot flash boot"? is it just to install the recovery? Sorry I haven't done these procedures for a long time.

ineedroot69

Nov 13, 2019
that video is not full guide its does not show how to backup partition incase your phone does not boot anymore after installing TWRP ...
do you have stock rom of your phone just incase it does not boot again?

yes fastboot flash boot just make sure it's correct version of TWRP you are flashing

danilolegenda

Mar 5, 2021
that video is not full guide its does not show how to backup partition incase your phone does not boot anymore after installing TWRP ...

yes fastboot flash boot just make sure it's correct version of TWRP you are flashing
i have a stock rom of android 9 but no have a back up of this, the file is corretly from this link "https://dl.twrp.me/beckham/twrp-3.3.1-0-beckham.img.html" I thought it was installed with the zip but in the video they show with the img.

danilolegenda

Mar 5, 2021

I have already tried to flash the recovery but it tells me that the file is too big to send it, the latest version of twrp weighs 33mb

danilolegenda

Mar 5, 2021
Did it success? The biggest img file I fastboot flash is 2.4GB which is system.img. Just ignore the filesize warning
i try with one command "fastboot flash recovery (and here the img file) with this say the file is so much bigger, I was scared by what you said that I could stay without starting the phone anymore D:

ineedroot69

Nov 13, 2019
i try with one command "fastboot flash recovery (and here the img file) with this say the file is so much bigger, I was scared by what you said that I could stay without starting the phone anymore D:
I agree with that mindset kinda risky also it's kinda terrible how to tell to your mother you broke your phone because you followed an Indian tutorial on youtube 😂

thou like Adolf Hitler said " Your strength is only as strong as your commitment "

• Haha
Reactions: danilolegenda

danilolegenda

Mar 5, 2021
I agree with that mindset kinda risky also it's kinda terrible how to tell to your mother you broke your phone because you followed an Indian tutorial on youtube 😂

thou like Adolf Hitler said " Your strength is only as strong as your commitment "
i try again but have the same problem look at this.
Desktop Screenshot 2021.03.06 - 11.37.25.12 (2).png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone