[Solved] How do you change the DNS?

Search This thread

maurogg84

Feb 6, 2011
The problem with an init.d script is that the settings will be overwritten whenever you change networks. Any change between 3G, 4G, and WiFi triggers a DNS reset.

I resigned to just using SetDNS to change my DNS settings automatically.

Setting the sleep time of 20 seconds makes the script work at boot. I tried to use setDNS and it didn't work to change the DNS for the 4g connection and it ran like every 5 seconds so no, another option is to use script manager and set up a schedule and run the script every 30 minutes or whatever is convenient.

stesweeney26

Sep 6, 2012
set DNS

For anyone still wondering about this set DNS does change dns for 3g/4g but only if your device is rooted. I use it to watch american netflix in the uk. It works fine on the google DNS which is already in the app as standard or you can put a custom dns if you prefer. Hope this helps someone

MaxChinni

Oct 22, 2011
www.mx17.net
Override DNS for KitKat

For anyone still wondering about this set DNS does change dns for 3g/4g but only if your device is rooted. I use it to watch american netflix in the uk. It works fine on the google DNS which is already in the app as standard or you can put a custom dns if you prefer. Hope this helps someone

If there's someone interested on a similar app, but for KitKat, I wrote "Override DNS for KitKat". It's in the Play Store and does the same thing of setDNS, but works on Android 4.4. It requires root.

Bye

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How do you change the DNS, not for wifi, but for mobile data? Does it improve browsing performance?

Eclipse 1.4 ROM
    V6 Supercharged!
    Kicking ass!
    Imoseyon
    Tegrak Overclock

See this ;) I would follow the instructions for manually changing the info as the CWM zips may not work for the Charge.
    Make sure that /system is mounted as read-write and that you saved the file. Otherwise, it will revert (or not save at all). To check to see if it worked, I would navigate to http://myresolver.info and it will tell you the DNS address you used. Then, you may just need to look at the hostname for the DNS ip to figure out if it worked as most places use anycast now to route you to the closest host.