• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

SOLVED: How to flash baseband/modem (modem.img) with Odin?

Search This thread

tahaa7

Jun 11, 2015
Before I get to my question, a quick background, which might help with explaining my question. So recently I switched to another cellular carrier on my unlocked S6 Edge (G925F) and now I would like to flash the baseband from the firmware corresponding to my new carrier in order to get better/proper connectivity. I downloaded and flashed the new carrier's firmware .tar.md5 using Odin, however, in the process of flashing, Odin threw a FAIL message when flashing the hidden.img file. So I had to manually extract and flash that file again, and it worked.

Anyway, it seems like, because of the aforementioned Odin FAIL message, the flashing process did not include the new modem.img file. So now I would like to manually flash that in order to get better service on my new carrier. So how do I do that? I tried flashing just the modem.img file with Odin by selecting it in the "CP" field, however, the flashing process gets stuck on "File analysis..." and nothing gets flashed. Am I doing something wrong? Can I flash that baseband some other way?

UPDATE, SOLVED:
I figured out the solution. I had to manually create a new .tar archive (with 7zip) containing just the modem.bin file. When I tried to flash that with Odin (by adding it under the "CP" field), it successfully went through.

Last edited:

zogoibi

Aug 18, 2011
Before I get to my question, a quick background, which might help with explaining my question. So recently I switched to another cellular carrier on my unlocked S6 Edge (G925F) and now I would like to flash the baseband from the firmware corresponding to my new carrier in order to get better/proper connectivity. I downloaded and flashed the new carrier's firmware .tar.md5 using Odin, however, in the process of flashing, Odin threw a FAIL message when flashing the hidden.img file. So I had to manually extract and flash that file again, and it worked.

Anyway, it seems like, because of the aforementioned Odin FAIL message, the flashing process did not include the new modem.img file. So now I would like to manually flash that in order to get better service on my new carrier. So how do I do that? I tried flashing just the modem.img file with Odin by selecting it in the "CP" field, however, the flashing process gets stuck on "File analysis..." and nothing gets flashed. Am I doing something wrong? Can I flash that baseband some other way?

UPDATE, SOLVED:
I figured out the solution. I had to manually create a new .tar archive (with 7zip) containing just the modem.bin file. When I tried to flash that with Odin (by adding it under the "CP" field), it successfully went through.

May I please ask you, how did you get a firmware with a modem binary inside it? So far I've downloaded two different firmwares for this device, latest baseband versions, and none of them ships a modem.bin or anything similar. I'm totally puzzled.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

UPDATE, SOLVED: