[SOLVED]: How to restore ANDROID on NEXUS 10 with old version of UBUNTU TOUCH on it?

ScottishFreedom

Apr 24, 2020
UPDATE (26/4/2020): I resolved my issues below. My problem with getting remote access to the Nexus 10 was a mixture of a bad USB cable and/or USB port. I also had to activate "Developer mode" on Ubuntu Touch: Settings > About Tablet > Developer Mode. Once I got a connection the command: adb reboot-bootloader worked.

I installed the stock Manta image (as below). I had to remove the -w from the flash-all.sh and then the image installed. I've got a shiny Nexus 10 to use again. Thanks for the help.

OP...
Hello, I have a Nexus 10 that I put Ubuntu Touch on back in 2014/15. Now I would like to restore Android to it.

Any advice about the process of getting Android back onto my Nexus 10 and which version of Android to restore with is really appreciated.

BACKGROUND/RESTORE PROCESS?

I can get into the Ubuntu Touch recovery mode, version: (CWM -based) Recovery v6.0.4.6, on the Nexus 10, using the key combination: hold down both up and down volume buttons and then press power button.

I have followed the following post but I’m stuck at the command: adb reboot-bootloader - How to restore Android.

I think the problem is that I can’t install the phablet tools, using the commands below, suggested here.

Code:
apt-repository ppa:phablet-team/tools
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install phablet-tools android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot
I get the error message that the packages dependencies are not available. I’m running Ubuntu 18.04 on my laptop and, as I understand it, Ubuntu 18.04 is not supported!
I think the above commands should work on Ubuntu 16.06, if the repos still exist! Is my best option to get a copy of Ubuntu 16.04 and install phablet tools and try the restore process?

WHICH ANDROID?

Regarding which version of Android to restore onto the Nexus, I have downloaded a copy of stock Manta from here, which includes the flash-all.sh[ script.

Reading around though, it seems that LineageOS 13.0 for Manta might be the best version of Android to put on the Nexus 10 and I have downloaded a copy of LineageOS 13.0, after following the helpful comments on this XDA thread.

If I can get the above, or other recommenced, restore process working can I rename and replace the stock Manta zip file with the LineageOS 13.0 zip file (for Manta)? Or does the flash-all.sh script require the stock zip image? Or am I not understanding all this at all?

Any help with this is really appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: amitroutray

amitroutray

Dec 31, 2011
Hi guys please help....!!!

I want to go back to stock on my Nexus 10. Because I need cam to work for my project. I am not found the Stock image from the above shared links. Can you please help me out.

Presently I am on Lineage 14.1v & TWRP 3.2.3-0v.

If you have time please reply. It will be very much appreciated. [emoji4] Thanks in advance.
IMG-20200707-WA0050.jpgIMG_20200707_234003.jpg

Sent from my MI 9T using Tapatalk

NTGDeveloper

Mar 4, 2019
Massachusetts
ntgdeveloper.com
Hi guys please help....!!!

I want to go back to stock on my Nexus 10. Because I need cam to work for my project. I am not found the Stock image from the above shared links. Can you please help me out.

Presently I am on Lineage 14.1v & TWRP 3.2.3-0v.

If you have time please reply. It will be very much appreciated. [emoji4] Thanks in advance.
View attachment 5056113View attachment 5056115

Sent from my MI 9T using Tapatalk
Easiest Way to go back to stock is to flash a FACTORY image. Google still provides these for whatever reason and they have had these up and still have these up for the old Nexus S. Anyway, check this link out: https://developers.google.com/android/images#mantaray

Just boot into your bootloader, and it will handle everything when you do the "flash all" script on Windows or Linux. (Maybe mac, but idk) It will flash the stock everything. Stock bootloader, recovery, system, etc. Just remember to lock the bootloader if you want true stock again!