[solved] how to tell which anti-rollback version I have?

Search This thread

matetoes

Jan 4, 2017
Hi all!

So I've been tempted to downgrade to MM to try out the dirtysanta ADB root. I heard there are some issues with internal and external storage, but I figured I'd at least give it a shot.

To get the anti-rollback version, I tried calling the number everyone has been throwing around (*#546368#*987#) but it doesn't seem to work (I have VS987 BTW). Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

rocinante1984

Feb 25, 2016
The fact that this code doesn't work should indicate to you that it isn't version 0. I have the same phone, but it's junk. Bootloader is encrypted with 256bit or similar, meaning it's impossible to modify without the key. Verizon will never unlock it because then you wouldn't have to go through them for hotspot. Trash the phone and get one that actually has root. Sorry.

Reactions: matetoes

matetoes

Jan 4, 2017
The fact that this code doesn't work should indicate to you that it isn't version 0. I have the same phone, but it's junk. Bootloader is encrypted with 256bit or similar, meaning it's impossible to modify without the key. Verizon will never unlock it because then you wouldn't have to go through them for hotspot. Trash the phone and get one that actually has root. Sorry.

Ahh, alright. That's too bad. Well, thanks for letting me know. I ended up getting a Google Pixel 3 and handing my LG G5 down to someone else. Would've still been nice though.

I will now mark this question as solved. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone