[Solved] HTC Volume control on 6.5.3 (com 3) working on Blackstone/X1/old devices

Search This thread

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
@ ypsmav

I do not have a dialer problem, the "Incall Button lock" is crashing.

InCall Button Lock is a small prog to lock the soft keys during ringing (incomming call) to prevent an unwanted action like answering or rejecting a call. (just search here in forum)

WBR
Siemens Lover
The link is below for anyone wondering. It's just a custom program that is probably hooking into something to disable hardware send/end keys and conflicting with ultrashot's fix.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=556801

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
There is no real reason for crashing. (edit: haha. Now it is clear. incall button lock throws an exception if it can't hook keys. That's pretty incorrect behaviour for such tool - it will crash with some players, book readers etc. Look at the next line for solution)
Anyway, new hooking method is done. Now it is much more integrated into system, even better than native HTC volume control on new devices. I will post it as soon as I get back to my desktop PC. I am almost sure it won't cause button hook's crash.

Last edited:
Reactions: williyung

ultrashot

May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
VolumeControl port v2.

1. Totally new hooking procedure - now it doesn't require any keyboard hooks to work.
  2. Because of the first change, taskbar icon doesn't need to be replaced with Htc's, so this feature was removed from HTC's library.
  3. Some registry entries were removed since they lost their importance in v2.

Important notes!
  • I know that some of you may try to use this patch on com2... that's wrong. Use VolumeControl_2_2_19203625_20 instead, for example.
  • VoiceBarMS.dll should be equal or similar to the VoiceBar.dll from your SYS build. There is 21687's one in attachment.

As always, I am waiting for your feedback.

Attachments

• Volume_Control_2_2_20113221_00.rar
    181.3 KB · Views: 255

ypsmav

Jul 10, 2009
EU
Hi Ultrashot,
I'm about to cook it and have a couple of quick questions:
- I'm working on 23152. do i need to include your voicebar.dll and voicebarMS.dll? I'm not clear if the ones in your attachment are patched.
- How to make the HTCVolumeLeo2ndTransparentOverlay.png to work? this is much nicer than the small black bar at the side of the player.
Thanks again.

mac_es

May 20, 2008
Hi Ultrashot,
I'm about to cook it and have a couple of quick questions:
- I'm working on 23152. do i need to include your voicebar.dll and voicebarMS.dll? I'm not clear if the ones in your attachment are patched.
- How to make the HTCVolumeLeo2ndTransparentOverlay.png to work? this is much nicer than the small black bar at the side of the player.
Thanks again.

As far as I understand...

Youe need the voicebar.dll from the package and rename your actual voicebar.dll (23152's one) to voicebarMS.dll

No idea for the overlay, though ...

ultrashot

May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Get VoiceBar.dll from your build, rename it to VoiceBarMS.dll and put into package.

In theory, it should work. In practice, I have some bugs with leo's overlay when I use 6.5.3 (works well on 6.5, though). Package I posted here doesn't support it.
Why I choosed 2011 version?
1) It processes 0x8005 window message primarily used in 6.1-6.5. Some new versions don't do it. (+1 to older releases)
2) It doesn't use SetWindowsHookEx function as a core for keyhooking. New versions don't use it, too. (+1 to newer releases)
As you see, 2011 is something between new and old releases.

if you find newer version that fits these requirements and has bugless leo's overlay, feel free to post it here.

Reactions: Wajk

Wajk

Mar 24, 2007
Bump. No problems with new volumecontrolproxy?

under testing, very cool, sound icon in WM dropdownmenu woking very well.

i tried mixing LEO overlay with your package and working, but only in portrait mode. In landscape icon will be doubled. (i can't make screenshot)

i have a big question: possible disabled beep sound van we changing sound? i hate it :)))

big respect for your work!

u.i.: and my other dream: changable Volume Control background or 50% opaque black BG :rolleyes:

ultrashot

May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
i tried mixing LEO overlay with your package and working, but only in portrait mode. In landscape icon will be doubled. (i can't make screenshot)
yes, that's why I tell you not to use it.

i have a big question: possible disabled beep sound van we changing sound? i hate it :)))
look at Volume-20, Volume-40, ... - they are *.wav files without extension.

Reactions: Wajk

mac_es

May 20, 2008
Preferably also, what is needed to create the DLLs in this.

Creating a cab is easy if you have the DLLs and reg entries.

We have the reg entries. We know what dlls, but we don't know what is needed to make the DLLs from each imageinfo.bit

You should use recmod to generate a dll from a module. It should be in your kitchen

ultrashot

May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
a bit updated VoiceBar.dll
fixed issue with notes-audio recording bar

edit: added voicebar.dll without standard wm regulator in cprog.exe

Attachments

• VoiceBar.rar
    2.6 KB · Views: 58
  • VoiceBar_without_cprog_disabler.rar
    2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Reactions: ypsmav

Wajk

Mar 24, 2007
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VolumeControl port v2.

1. Totally new hooking procedure - now it doesn't require any keyboard hooks to work.
    2. Because of the first change, taskbar icon doesn't need to be replaced with Htc's, so this feature was removed from HTC's library.
    3. Some registry entries were removed since they lost their importance in v2.

Important notes!
    • I know that some of you may try to use this patch on com2... that's wrong. Use VolumeControl_2_2_19203625_20 instead, for example.
    • VoiceBarMS.dll should be equal or similar to the VoiceBar.dll from your SYS build. There is 21687's one in attachment.

As always, I am waiting for your feedback.
    I am working on combined version. No pre-warming mentioned earlier but better button press handling.
    Few weeks ago I've made custom HTCVolumeControlProxy.dll that makes HTCVolumeControl working on both X1 and Blackstone. I can post it anytime, but I want to fix one issue found by my rom user today. Wait a bit :)

Tech info: WM6.5.3 itself doesn't send needed messages to HTCVolumeControl. Newest HTCVolumeControls use keypad.dll with new global keyboard hook feature not existing on Kovsky and Blackstone. My proxy emulates this feature.
    Here it is :)
    Volume_Control_2_2_20113221_00 is one of the best versions for our devices. Newer versions have some problems with MDPL (overlays in mediaplayer, video, etc). May be you won't get any problems on your device.

Older is a bit worse, too.

Please, note that volume control is disabled for cprog windows due to some bugs during incoming call.
    There is no real reason for crashing. (edit: haha. Now it is clear. incall button lock throws an exception if it can't hook keys. That's pretty incorrect behaviour for such tool - it will crash with some players, book readers etc. Look at the next line for solution)
    Anyway, new hooking method is done. Now it is much more integrated into system, even better than native HTC volume control on new devices. I will post it as soon as I get back to my desktop PC. I am almost sure it won't cause button hook's crash.