• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[SOLVED] I Rooted Device, But I Can't Edit System Files?

Search This thread

musti35

Apr 7, 2009
izmir
Hi friends;

I have HTC M8 Marshmallow with Sense 7.
I rooted my device with SuperSU 2.65.

But;
I can't edit build.prob file in system folder.
I can't put apk and lib files to system->priv-app folder.

In fact ;
I edited build.prob file in system folder. (I used Root Explorer)
I put apk and lib files to system->priv-app folder.

But, after I rebooted device edited build.prob file returned original and
deleted apk and lib file that I put to system->priv-app folder.:(

Before these applications I mounted system folder R/W

Why did this happen?
How can i solve this?:(

Last edited:

Imotep95

Sep 14, 2012
Belgrade
Hi friends;

But;

In fact ;

Why did this happen?

Flash disable WP mod. http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3564071&d=1449168286

Reactions: skshakeel

ahmed.ismael

Oct 14, 2015
Because super su is system less root, you won't be able to edit the system files. I don't even know how that mod worked
You can't edit system files while your device s-on,you need wp module or custom kernel with wp module to edit system

Some m8 roms have this module implemented ( if not all roms )

Sent from my HTC M8 using XDA Labs

Reactions: justinchao740

ahmed.ismael

Oct 14, 2015
I got same problem...Can I get this zip for HTC Desire 630 phone plzzz....
Hi
Earlier i see a post by @ckpv5 about adb manager Qtadb i can't find the post right now ( on mobile and it's hard to find )
https://qtadb.wordpress.com/download/
You can use this tool to remove system files
Reboot to twrp and mount system then connect the device with pc ( usb ) and start the tool from your pc
Give it a try

Last edited:

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
Because super su is system less root, you won't be able to edit the system files. I don't even know how that mod worked

You've got it wrong. Systemless root isn't the reason system is not writable. The same will occur with traditional root.

The system is write protected on this device (regardless of root method). You need the kernel mode to disable the write protection.

justinchao740

Oct 11, 2016
Weymouth
You've got it wrong. Systemless root isn't the reason system is not writable. The same will occur with traditional root.

The system is write protected on this device (regardless of root method). You need the kernel mode to disable the write protection.

well thats what happened to me. I rooted with super su, it won't let me edit any build.prop or system files. But after i rooted with system root, it worked

vaibhav1

Feb 20, 2013
Hi need help

Same problem in my device my device is not in too development

So I try to find solution on Google and find this thread..

Can I flash this file in my device my device is HTC desire 630 and also running in mm version.

So can I try to flash this file...???

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007

Can I flash this file in my device my device is HTC desire 630 and also running in mm version.

No, it won't work. Kernels (and therefore kernel mods) are device specific. It won't work, and may harm your phone.

If the phone is rooted, you can try to mount system in a file explorer app, and apply the desired changes, to see if they stick (survive a reboot). Some folks have had success with that approach.

Be careful, and backup files accordingly. Or otherwise know how to return to stock, if anything goes wrong. Changes to system under root can result in unpredicted problems.

Further than that, I probably can't help; as I have no specific knowledge of your device.

Reactions: vaibhav1

vaibhav1

Feb 20, 2013
No, it won't work. Kernels (and therefore kernel mods) are device specific. It won't work, and may harm your phone.

If the phone is rooted, you can try to mount system in a file explorer app, and apply the desired changes, to see if they stick (survive a reboot). Some folks have had success with that approach.

Be careful, and backup files accordingly. Or otherwise know how to return to stock, if anything goes wrong. Changes to system under root can result in unpredicted problems.

Further than that, I probably can't help; as I have no specific knowledge of your device.
I try script but not working..
Thanks for you help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends;

But;

In fact ;

Why did this happen?

Flash disable WP mod. http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3564071&d=1449168286
    You can't edit system files while your device s-on,you need wp module or custom kernel with wp module to edit system

Some m8 roms have this module implemented ( if not all roms )