[Solved] It's impossible to install LineageOS on my 6T.

Search This thread

dequadim

Sep 3, 2013
Genova
www.e636.it
OnePlus 6T
I tried several times installing the .Zip file from internal SD via temporary TWRP.

Wow..... I've installed it from Advanced Menu and it is permanently installed; now I try installing LineageOS and Gapps.

Brettroth

Apr 4, 2018
I tried several times installing the .Zip file from internal SD via temporary TWRP.

Wow..... I've installed it from Advanced Menu and it is permanently installed; now I try installing LineageOS and Gapps.
Ok if that zip won't Install may have to use the 3.6.0_9 that you had. It will work now. The installer tho no the img

dequadim

Sep 3, 2013
Genova
www.e636.it
OnePlus 6T
Well, now I'm facing another problem: installed LineageOS and the 6T boots in LineageOS recovery, can't load Android system.

Now I'm trying formatting data... and LineageOS' logo is displaying on the screen. I suppose I must wait for the system to build the cache.

Brettroth

Apr 4, 2018
If only I could turn off the phone to turn it back on in EDL mode I would reinstall OOS stock, but it is no longer possible to turn it off !!!
Hold all the buttons until it turns off. You didn't install the twrp installer after lineage. It installed its own recovery. But also you must wipe data for it to boot

dequadim

Sep 3, 2013
Genova
www.e636.it
OnePlus 6T
Well... the epilogue of the whole story is that through MSM Download Tool I restored OOS v10.3.5 and the phone works again.
I will now update to OOS v11.1.22 and I fear this OnePlus 6T must really die with Oxygen.
Obviously I have more of the intelligence necessary to succeed in this type of operation.

I thank you for your help and for your patience; I want to apologize to all XDA users who had to endure this thread.

Brettroth

Apr 4, 2018
Well... the epilogue of the whole story is that through MSM Download Tool I restored OOS v10.3.5 and the phone works again.
I will now update to OOS v11.1.22 and I fear this OnePlus 6T must really die with Oxygen.
Obviously I have more of the intelligence necessary to succeed in this type of operation.

I thank you for your help and for your patience; I want to apologize to all XDA users who had to endure this thread.
You're welcome but you're rushing steps. You didn't clean flash the oos before lineage. If you want custom ROM you have to get everything clean. Install oos to both slots you have to reboot to recovery to switch slots. Must install it twice with twrp installer right after before rebooting. Then you can move onto lineage and Gapps.

dequadim

Sep 3, 2013
Genova
www.e636.it
OnePlus 6T
You're welcome but you're rushing steps. You didn't clean flash the oos before lineage. If you want custom ROM you have to get everything clean. Install oos to both slots you have to reboot to recovery to switch slots. Must install it twice with twrp installer right after before rebooting. Then you can move onto lineage and Gapps.
I need a tutorial that shows all the appropriate steps to follow. I never tried the modding on a device with the A/B Partitioning system.
At the time of the Galaxy S4 and the Nexus 6P I was able to do everything with my eyes closed, while now I realize that I can no longer manage such complicated procedures.
I repeat, I need a detailed guide that explains step by step all the operations to be done; the site I followed to install the TWRP only tells how to install the recovery and how to install LineageOS, without mentioning A / B and the need to do a double installation.

I surrender :-(

Brettroth

Apr 4, 2018
I need a tutorial that shows all the appropriate steps to follow. I never tried the modding on a device with the A/B Partitioning system.
At the time of the Galaxy S4 and the Nexus 6P I was able to do everything with my eyes closed, while now I realize that I can no longer manage such complicated procedures.
I repeat, I need a detailed guide that explains step by step all the operations to be done; the site I followed to install the TWRP only tells how to install the recovery and how to install LineageOS, without mentioning A / B and the need to do a double installation.

I surrender :-(
Just follow the steps I gave earlier. Flash oos, twrp installer, reboot to recovery. Then do that one more time then do the same thing with lineage twice. Wipe data and you should be good

Brettroth

Apr 4, 2018
Just follow the steps I gave earlier. Flash oos, twrp installer, reboot to recovery. Then do that one more time then do the same thing with lineage twice. Wipe data and you should be good
Here you can use this makes it easier so you don't have to reboot so much. Just flash oos, finalize
Then lineage, finalize then twrp installer. Less steps

Attachments

• Finalize.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 8

dequadim

Sep 3, 2013
Genova
www.e636.it
OnePlus 6T
I'll keep your advice in mind for the next time I feel like trying the LineageOS installation.
The 6T now works perfectly, it no longer presents the problem of white dots circling the red one 37 times (the laps are now only 5).
I just finished reconfiguring everything and will leave things as they are for a while. Obviously I am no longer the age to engage in complicated tasks such as installing a custom ROM.

Jan 20, 2022
Hi Im using a 6T also and initially i ran into the same issues.

Eventually i found the following to work:

Highly important: use the original supplied cable
Use a 64bit machine with at least 4GB ram (I repeatedly bricked it using a 32 bit 2gb ram machine)

Stock oxygen (latest/final release).
Unlock bootloader by ADB fastboot.
Follow the guide step by step that is provided on the lineage wiki.
At the end, when you installed lineage by the lineage recovery and the gapps as provided on the one plus forums.
Boot to system.
Then make the settings for USB debugging and advanced reboot.
Reboot to the lineage recovery and use apply update - adb sideload to instal the TWRP (3.6) recovery zip.

Choose advanced reboot and reboot to recovery.

In TWRP recovery install the latest Magisk (v23).

Wipe dalvik and reboot to system.

This worked for me.

dequadim

Sep 3, 2013
Genova
www.e636.it
OnePlus 6T
I have a great news!!!

Finally I managed to install LineageOS 18.1 on my Oneplus 6T, following the instructions given in the video
to the letter, as well as having integrated everything with the instructions taken from the official website of Lineage.
Now I have to install the Gapp Aroma, in order to choose what to install and what to delete.
Can I do it directly from Lineage Recovery or do I have to sideload via ADB?

dequadim

Sep 3, 2013
Genova
www.e636.it
OnePlus 6T
I'm trying to install Open Gapps, but there is a "Error Code: 70" that stops the installation.
Assuming that there's no space available to install the full Open Gapps package how can I do to resize partition with Lineage Recovery?
In the meantime I'm proceeding with the MindTheGapps package.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2022
I'm trying to install Open Gapps, but there is a "Error Code: 70" that stops the installation.
Assuming that there's no space available to install the full Open Gapps package how can I do to resize partition with Lineage Recovery?
Don't.

Take the javelin package, I had the same issue until I used this one:

Take the arm64 for Android 11 package.

Worked like a charm.

Reactions: dequadim

dequadim

Sep 3, 2013
Genova
www.e636.it
OnePlus 6T
Don't.

Worked like a charm.
I've installed MindTheGapps and everything is fine.
I wish reinstall OnePlus Cam for the 6T, but most of the APK from APKMIRROR doesn't work :-\

Another question: what can I do to change the Recovery from Lineage to TWRP? I assume that I must sideload TWRP via ADB, but I'm afrai to screw everything.

Jan 20, 2022
I wish reinstall OnePlus Cam for the 6T, but most of the APK from APKMIRROR doesn't work :-\

Another question: what can I do to change the Recovery from Lineage to TWRP? I assume that I must sideload TWRP via ADB, but I'm afrai to screw everything.
Sideload it in the Lineage Recovery. Though every Lineage update will reset the thing. (think I saw a Magisk module/there was a way. Didn't delved into it yet.)

For the camera, there is a user here that made it (and the gallery) available on every android 11 device:

There you go.

Only thing I need to figure out is the ctsProfile.

Reactions: dequadim

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The img is for fastboot boot
    The zip is for installing in twrp
    Thanks for replies.
    I must add this point: my 6T has OxygenOS v11.1.1.1; maybe this the reason of the problem? Maybe OnePlus did something that screws any modding attempt?
    I simply followed the instructions found on YouTube, in the LineageOS' Fajita page and installed TWRP, but my 6T went in "Qualcomm Crashdump" and TWRP was not working → phone bricked.
    Then I've tried installing, in the same way via ADB and Fastoot commands the Lineage Recovery, that has worked but when I tried to boot system, keeping OxygenOS, the phone went in bootloop.

So where is the error/fault?

Please, help me with a step-by-step tutorial that lead me to successfully install TWRP and LineageOS on my
    OnePlus definitely didn't do anything to make it harder. You need to fastboot boot twrp.img then flash the twrp installer zip. I'll attach both In next post. Reboot to recovery. Then install OOS, twrp installer, reboot to recovery. Install oos again, twrp installer again, reboot to recovery. Now install lineage, twrp installer, reboot to recovery. Install lineage again, twrp installer again, reboot to recovery. Factory reset and wipe data by typing yes. Boot to system
    Thank you for the advice.

1) I've downloaded "twrp-3.6.0_9-0-fajita.img" and tried to install it several times, getting errors and then bricking my phone.

2) I have already cleared the cache several times from Recovery, without anything having changed; the two white dots on the boot screen continue to rotate 37 times around the red dot before the phone starts up and then works perfectly.
    It occurred to me that the MSM Download Tool program uses a decrypted image of the original firmware; could this possibly be the cause of the long boot?
    That twrp version always will crash dump on a11. Use the one I sent
    Don't.

Worked like a charm.

Sideload it in the Lineage Recovery. Though every Lineage update will reset the thing. (think I saw a Magisk module/there was a way. Didn't delved into it yet.)

For the camera, there is a user here that made it (and the gallery) available on every android 11 device:

There you go.

Only thing I need to figure out is the ctsProfile.