[SOLVED] Keep losing mobile service

Search This thread

d0g

Aug 24, 2009
Los Angeles
I'm gonna lose my mind.

Last week I did a factory reset. Everything was great for a few days. Then as of Monday, my phone no longer connected to mobile network. (I'm on Visible, which is a Verizon MVNO.)

I tried the same SIM card in another phone, and it worked — but a different SIM card did not work in my phone. So it must be the phone, right?

I looked at About phone > SIM card status:
  • Network: Visible
  • Mobile network state: Disconnected
  • Service state: In service
  • IMS reg status: Registered
  • Signal strength: -113 dbm
Network Cell Info Lite app showed the nearest tower and:
  • SIM state: Ready
  • Service state: In-Service

I tried resetting network settings and restarting in safe mode, but that didn't help. Visible said to take the phone in to Samsung repair center.

So I did that. They ran a diagnostic, and said everything was fine. They said try factory reset again.
So I factory reset the phone, again, from recovery mode, wiping with cache several times.
After, service was working. Yay!

But then a few hours later, the battery died, and ipon powering back up, I AGAIN no longer have cell service!
Could it be related to adding a work profile? Enabling dev mode?
Any bloody idea what is happening??

I'm loathe to do another factory reset, as it takes me half a day to set up everything again (Work profile authentication, etc.)

Please help save my sanity.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Malik Sayriii

Mar 4, 2021
Same problem.. note 10 plus n976b , after flashing stock ROM SIM goes to emergency calls only, now I am on Dr Ketan's ROM but still same problem persists...

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham

Try playing about with this app, it allows you to force the phone to connect to specific network bands, possible you could force it to reconnect when it drops out

d0g

Aug 24, 2009
Los Angeles
SOLVED!
I popped in a SIM from a different carrier, causing phone to restart, then put back the Visible SIM, forcing phone to re-retrieve settings.
Whew!

Malik Sayriii

Mar 4, 2021
SOLVED!
I popped in a SIM from a different carrier, causing phone to restart, then put back the Visible SIM, forcing phone to re-retrieve settings.
Whew!
Congrats to you, but my problem didn't solved yet...
@*Detection* i have tried this app many times but didn't worked for me... maybe i have lost my IMEI & device is just showing dummy IMEI though IMEI is same after & before flashing the ROM but when i flashed the IMEI went to NULL in settings then after applying essential fix IMEI came back it also detect the sim but not picking the cellular network only showing the name of network...