• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question SOLVED - Lags on One UI 4 beta 2 (Snapdragon)

Search This thread

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
Hi, I just installed this version and it's pretty stable.

Screenshot_20211008-102450_One UI Home.jpg

However I noticed some lags when opening/closing apps, moving to previous app using gesture. It's just not as smooth as the previous 3.1 build.

Anyone else experiencing this? FYI I haven't reset my phone before installing the update. I just went from my previous build to beta 1, and then beta 2, all using sideload update.zip and wipe cache.

HOT FIX:
Go to settings>accessibility>visibility enhancements and tick "reduce transparency and blur" (credit: sultan.of.swing)

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Last edited:

readymarc

Dec 30, 2016
Same with me, but there are youtubers that are showing smooth animations with beta 2. I wonder if its because of sideloading

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
Downgraded to AHU9.... clean install.. Then flashed beta 1, beta 2 and did a factory reset. But it mind boggling how i am seeing smoother animations on beta 2. Could be that beta 2 is better optimized for exynos ...
😂 Oh well. Thought Snapdragon is the superior side. I was planning to do the same just because of the animations...

Thanks for letting me know. Wonder if other people also having the same issue

readymarc

Dec 30, 2016
😂 Oh well. Thought Snapdragon is the superior side. I was planning to do the same just because of the animations...

Thanks for letting me know. Wonder if other people also having the same issue
Yea.. Dont bother, you will just have install over all your apps. lol. I did that 1 by 1 just to make sure its not an app causing the issue. I will try to manage but damn its annoying with the constant frame drops. I know its beta but damn...

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
Yea.. Dont bother, you will just have install over all your apps. lol. I did that 1 by 1 just to make sure its not an app causing the issue. I will try to manage but damn its annoying with the constant frame drops. I know its beta but damn...
Yeah. Did it present as well in beta 1?
I just got the phone and the beta 2 was out so I didn't try the beta 1.

Sky33

Oct 7, 2021
It was alot worst in beta 1. It somewhat improved but im jealous of the videos of those with better experiences

check it out

Yeah. I went through all the trouble solely just because all that new smooth animations portrayed on those videos. Bummer the results are very different with mine 😂

readymarc

Dec 30, 2016
Simple hack, speed up animations so it wont be that bad. Try it. Enable in developer settings

readymarc

Dec 30, 2016
While i can somewhat enjoy my device,

Again .... i am sure this is not turned on in this video because you can see the blur behind. It has to be a setting that is causing this issue

Check it out..but in the end he actually enables reduce blur ....

darkoj2007

Nov 12, 2012
Skopje
While i can somewhat enjoy my device,

Again .... i am sure this is not turned on in this video because you can see the blur behind. It has to be a setting that is causing this issue

Check it out..but in the end he actually enables reduce blur ....

yeah, quite unsure about all that. I liked the beta but lags breaks experience and had to revert to stable version. Looking forward to a12, looks very promising!

Top Liked Posts