• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[solved] ls997(sprint) unable to open twrp (static screen) after step3 in dirtysanta

Search This thread

niki.b

Feb 18, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niTlq4Qjhh4
Okey I have done my 1st v20 phone perfectly well. my 2nd one (my wife's) is stuck after step3 in dirty santa (flashing twrp - ok, starting twrp - won't start) it won't open. Follow the instruction (volume down+ power, lg screen, re-press power button 4sec, choose yes, yes, twrp should start) - it starts something with a circle all is below static screen. I do try to choose something with my fingers, but nothing changes. when you hit power button for 0.01sec the phone restarts and stucks in lg boot logo, re-do twrp start procedure - same thing repeating. tryed done the step3 again - successfully - same result - won't start twrp properly.
At no point of dirtysanta procedure I got any of the corrupt device pre-boot warning. done everything as instructed and as on my 1st all-went-well v20. :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_20170217_101437382.jpg
    IMG_20170217_101437382.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Team DevDigitel

Jul 10, 2012
Va
That circle is the boot up image.

Try

Fastboot commands

Fastboot erase system

Then place the twrp.img from dirty sanat with fasboot stuff and name it twrp.img

Fasboot flash recovery twrp.img

Then unplug and pull battery, put battery in and hold volm down and power.. When lg logo shows up let power go for 1 second and re hold it immediately. When prompt shows up yes yes and wait... Should get twrp.

That or re-run step 3 after sending fasboot erase system command and it will push the boot.img over and twrp again..

Reactions: niki.b

niki.b

Feb 18, 2010
That circle is the boot up image.

Try

Fastboot commands

Fastboot erase system

Then place the twrp.img from dirty sanat with fasboot stuff and name it twrp.img

Fasboot flash recovery twrp.img

Then unplug and pull battery, put battery in and hold volm down and power.. When lg logo shows up let power go for 1 second and re hold it immediately. When prompt shows up yes yes and wait... Should get twrp.

That or re-run step 3 after sending fasboot erase system command and it will push the boot.img over and twrp again..
Worked. Priceless! Next: using the xda search to find (if any) solution for removing the corrupt screen message after restart or power up. Not big deal but really hate this message :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts