• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SOLVED]Mac Addres Privacy Settings in Lineage-18.1

Search This thread

Jacekalex

Mar 1, 2011
Hi

My Phone: Moto G cedric
Android: Lineageos-18.1 witch Microg

ROM: lineage-18.1-20211002-microG-cedric.zip
downloaded from this address:
"https://download.lineage.microg.org/cedric/"

Does anyone know where in LineageOS is the MAC Address Privacy option in the wifi settings?

I mean the setting shown in this picture:
003.android-wifi-mac-address-randomization-settings.jpg

Cheers

Last edited:

sclip

Oct 12, 2010
I don't use 'cedric', but on LOS 18.1, the 'use randomized MAC' setting is available at Settings > Developer Options > Wi-Fi-enhanced MAC randomization.

I hope this helps.
screenshot_20211016-103428_settings-png.5434303

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211016-103428_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211016-103428_Settings.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 99

morfikov

Oct 22, 2016
Warsaw
morfikov.github.io
Redmi 9
@sclip , but WiFi enhanced MAC randomization is not the same compared to WiFi MAC randomization. You even have the info included in the screen you've provided, i.e. WiFi enhanced MAC randomization will work only for networks where you have MAC randomization enabled.

sclip

Oct 12, 2010
@morfikov: I'm sorry for not reading about your requirement completely.

In recent Android versions, MAC address randomization is enabled by default. If you want to turn it off for a particular SSID, you need to go to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Saved networks. Tap on the SSID for which you want to change the setting, then tap on Privacy and then tap 'Use device MAC'.

I hope this helps.

Jacekalex

Mar 1, 2011
@sclip
"In recent Android versions, MAC address randomization is enabled by default. If you want to turn it off for a particular SSID, you need to go to Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Saved networks. Tap on the SSID for which you want to change the setting, then tap on Privacy and then tap 'Use device MAC'."

Where is Randomization Default settings?
What configuration file is called contains the default mac-randomization settings.
What is its location?
At the moment the system always uses Device_mac by default, Privacy-mac settings are missing:

Where_is_mac_address_settings.png

sclip

Oct 12, 2010
@Jacekalex: Yeah, its strange that 'Privacy' is missing from the SSID settings in your screenshot. It's available on my device (jasmine_sprout with official LOS 18.1).

I have no idea about the config files in LOS source or build; I am not a developer. Sorry I couldn't be of assistance.

Jacekalex

Mar 1, 2011
Problem Explained:
:confused: