• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[SOLVED]Metro apps not working!

Search This thread

DaXmax

Sep 16, 2008
Singapore
The title says so! Anyone has this issues?

Solution!!! Install ur original graphics controller... Ur resolution is not right!!!

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

slimshady322

Apr 28, 2011
I had the same problem (although my resolution was fine) and I was able to get the metro apps working again by restoring my system to its default state.

Shoftiel37

Apr 19, 2011
OTR
Samsung Galaxy S20
I have spent days trying to find an answer to why my metro apps weren't working. I installed it on two different machines and they worked on one but not the other. Screen resolution was not an issue since both laptop resolution was high than the threshold resolution. I also tried the going back to local log in instead of a windows live log in but found no love there as well.

The only difference was that i did a clean 32bit without dev tools on the one that worked and i did a save files and settings on the other using the 64bit non dev tools.

So I backed up what i could and did a clean install of the 64bit non dev tool version and when was all said and done my metro apps worked just fine. Installed the programs i wanted i.e. World of Warcraft, updated, switched to windows live login and all still worked.

Thats how i got my Windows 8 Dev Preview to work on my laptops.

chaitanya91845

Nov 1, 2009
Mumbai
For me, screen resolution was the problem. The thread says that any resolution lower than 1024*768 causes the metro apps to stop functioning. However, they still did not work on 1366*768. I lowered the resolution to 1024*768 and it worked! Maybe Metro currently does not support widescreen resolution??
Try different resolutions. Maybe it will work for you.

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
For me, screen resolution was the problem. The thread says that any resolution lower than 1024*768 causes the metro apps to stop functioning. However, they still did not work on 1366*768. I lowered the resolution to 1024*768 and it worked! Maybe Metro currently does not support widescreen resolution??
Try different resolutions. Maybe it will work for you.

my metro apps work on 1366x768 :)

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Shoftiel37

Apr 19, 2011
OTR
Samsung Galaxy S20
My resolution is 1366x768 and when i first installed it no resolution worked. seems there are many different "solutions" out there and we as Preview Testers just have to keep trying to figure it out. That is till M$ fixes the issue. as of right now i love the new interface, or at least the challenge of figuring it out and how it fits in my world.

rorrr

Jul 28, 2010
are you logged in using a Windows Live account? some people have had success logging in with a local account (which you can set up under Control Panel > Users > More...

akshay2000

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 24, 2009
Kanpur
indestructible.in
I don't know if its obvious, but did you people install the correct drivers for the video and graphic cards? I have Nvidia 2GB GEforce and everything worked fine after installation of the drivers. The Windows 7 drivers work correctly, in case you were wondering.

sa3ad

Nov 29, 2010
Jiddah
for me with a resolution 1920*1080 , it works before installing other programs but after installing some of them , they (metro apps) stop working .
so i start installing my programs one by one and found that metro apps stop working after installing Geovision surveillance system software ( i noticed that this software change .NET framework configuration and install Microsoft Visual C++ ) , so to make them work i have to uninstall geovision OR keep it and live with it.