• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[solved] microsd card on mi 8

Search This thread

Jhonny B

May 24, 2019
You can insert an SD card with a "Hybrid Sim Slot Phone into A DUAL SIM + MICRO SD"
Search the web and you will easily find how to do it.

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
You can insert an SD card with a "Hybrid Sim Slot Phone into A DUAL SIM + MICRO SD"
Search the web and you will easily find how to do it.

Please do not spread false information, Xiaomi Mi 8 doesn't have an sdcard slot, it only have dual sim, the adapter you mention only works to add a second sim to a device that has an hybrid slot (sim + sim or sdcard)

Jhonny B

May 24, 2019
Mr. jrafael, the fact that you are a "Senior Member" does not mean that you understand more than me or others.
I'm not "spread false information", that's what I found on the net (Mostly from India).
There are hundreds of tutorials and videos that show how to add SD CARD to MI8.
I personally have not used this technology (insert Hybrid Sim Slot) because I do not need to add SD CARD.
Next, read a post before you respond.
Anyway, have a nice day.

jrafael

Dec 4, 2009
London
Mr. jrafael, the fact that you are a "Senior Member" does not mean that you understand more than me or others.
I'm not "spread false information", that's what I found on the net (Mostly from India).
There are hundreds of tutorials and videos that show how to add SD CARD to MI8.
I personally have not used this technology (insert Hybrid Sim Slot) because I do not need to add SD CARD.
Next, read a post before you respond.
Anyway, have a nice day.
The issue that you dont understand is that the Xiaomi Mi 8 only have dual sim reader only, meaning the pins inside will never align to read a sdcard, a google search as you pointed out using the adapter you mention its onlt for phones that alow a sim + sim or SDcard, meaning that inside the simcard reader of the hybrid slot there are aditional pins to read a sim or a sdcard and the adapter allow you to insert the sdcard and pigtail the sim.

Again this is only possible on devices that utilize a Hybrid slot wich Xiaomi Mi 8 does not have, maybe other variants of the Mi8 like the Mi8 Pro or Mi8 Lite have that option but the Mi8 itself does not.

As you can see from GSM arena specs comparasion, the Mi8 DOES NOT support sdcard, however the Mi8 Lite does has it has hybrid sim slot. but again the person that posted the question asked about a Mi8 not Mi8 Lite

Jhonny B

May 24, 2019
The issue that you dont understand is that the Xiaomi Mi 8 only have dual sim reader only, meaning the pins inside will never align to read a sdcard, a google search as you pointed out using the adapter you mention its onlt for phones that alow a sim + sim or SDcard, meaning that inside the simcard reader of the hybrid slot there are aditional pins to read a sim or a sdcard and the adapter allow you to insert the sdcard and pigtail the sim.

Again this is only possible on devices that utilize a Hybrid slot wich Xiaomi Mi 8 does not have, maybe other variants of the Mi8 like the Mi8 Pro or Mi8 Lite have that option but the Mi8 itself does not.

As you can see from GSM arena specs comparasion, the Mi8 DOES NOT support sdcard, however the Mi8 Lite does has it has hybrid sim slot. but again the person that posted the question asked about a Mi8 not Mi8 Lite

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
You may be right, but what bothered me was your comment that I was "spreading false information" so I reacted as I did before.
I emphasized that I had not tried the "Hybrid Sim Slot" on my MI8 device.