[SOLVED] N7100 Recovery Black Screen

Search This thread

hamsteyr

Mar 15, 2011
mainframerodent.weebly.com
So, I have a brand new international Galaxy Note II. I thought I'd root the device, and so I powered up Odin, and downloaded the necessary files, and rooted the device.

The phone reboots into the OS just fine, and the phone has been rooted, but now when I try to access the recovery, the screen flips out for a bit, and everything goes black. I've tried different recoveries since then (TWRP, CWM Touch) but nothing seems to work, and all I get is a black screen.

Now as you can imagine, this is a bit difficult if I am interested in loading custom ROMs into the device, so... anyone have any clue what's going on? CWM loads fine, I know that though. Pressing the home button reboots the device (first option in CWM after all)

Last edited:

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi
Re: N7100 Recovery Black Screen

So, I have a brand new international Galaxy Note II. I thought I'd root the device, and so I powered up Odin, and downloaded the necessary files, and rooted the device.

The phone reboots into the OS just fine, and the phone has been rooted, but now when I try to access the recovery, the screen flips out for a bit, and everything goes black. I've tried different recoveries since then (TWRP, CWM Touch) but nothing seems to work, and all I get is a black screen.

Now as you can imagine, this is a bit difficult if I am interested in loading custom ROMs into the device, so... anyone have any clue what's going on? CWM loads fine, I know that though. Pressing the home button reboots the device (first option in CWM after all)

If cwm works fine then whats the problem ?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi

Hmm if you have tried different recoveries then it is a different issue because there is no reason for it to not work.
Did you rename recovery restore files ?

Last edited:

hamsteyr

Mar 15, 2011
Well, I don't. I flash them as they are via Odin, and in the case of TWRP, I use their GooManager to install it.

No idea? :( I have owned and flashed countless devices, this is a first for me.

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi

Rename the /system/recovery-from-boot.p to recovery-from-boot.p-bak via a root explorer.

UtkarshGupta

Nov 17, 2012
New Delhi

Try flashing recovery again with mobile odin.

hamsteyr

Mar 15, 2011
Just tried, no luck at all. Same thing. The screen bugs out like an old television, then goes black.

Btw, if it helps, see attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-27-04-47-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-27-04-47-56.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 365

hamsteyr

Mar 15, 2011
I'd just like to chip in and say... SOLVED!

I have no idea why, but when I tried PhilZ Touch Recovery, that worked PERFECTLY. (Tried TWRP, normal CWM, Touch CWM).

Now I can see the recovery menu, and all is GUT. Thanks for the help :3

KirnehSwe

Feb 27, 2013
I'd just like to chip in and say... SOLVED!

I have no idea why, but when I tried PhilZ Touch Recovery, that worked PERFECTLY. (Tried TWRP, normal CWM, Touch CWM).

Now I can see the recovery menu, and all is GUT. Thanks for the help :3

Have the exact same story as you and i also succeeded to install PhilZ Touch Recovery, but every time i install a rom a get "The screen bugs out like an old television, then goes black"

KirnehSwe

Feb 27, 2013
huh. That's odd. my first rom I tried was Du@l, and it works just fine.

I'll mention that I reflashed via odin the stock ROM/Recovery/Kernel before all of this :\

Thanks for info, I will try to install the stock ROM/Recovery/Kernel. Just a bit afraid because everything seems to fail on this device.