[Solved] Need help with SDMC DV8519 (bootloop)

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 11959327

Hello, I'm fairly new here.

Fairly? You joined yesterday. You could hardly be fairer.

I've tried flashing TWRP to my Android TV box, but now it's just constantly rebooting over and over again.

The good news is that since it is bootlooping, the bootloader is probably okay.

For this model device running android 9, neither of the bootable partitions can be modified (while still running the original bootloader), even if the bootloader is unlocked, without causing a signature check failure. Since flashing some twrp version has modified the recovery partition, which is a bootable partition, the signature check is failing.

One way is to flash the original recovery partition back to the device using burn mode.

How do i access the recovery mode?

By holding the button on the device. You'll need the worldcup drivers and command line "update" burn mode tool (not the GUI burning tool).

If you have a copy of the original recovery partition, you'd just flash that with the update tool and be done.

If you don't have a copy of the original recovery partition, you can use the update tool to dump a different partition, like system, in order to learn which version of the firmware is installed on your box. Report the version here, and maybe some member will have the matching recovery partition that you can flash to your device using the update tool.

Fzloop

Nov 4, 2022
Fairly? You joined yesterday. You could hardly be fairer.

The good news is that since it is bootlooping, the bootloader is probably okay.

For this model device running android 9, neither of the bootable partitions can be modified (while still running the original bootloader), even if the bootloader is unlocked, without causing a signature check failure. Since flashing some twrp version has modified the recovery partition, which is a bootable partition, the signature check is failing.

One way is to flash the original recovery partition back to the device using burn mode.

By holding the button on the device. You'll need the worldcup drivers and command line "update" burn mode tool (not the GUI burning tool).

If you have a copy of the original recovery partition, you'd just flash that with the update tool and be done.

If you don't have a copy of the original recovery partition, you can use the update tool to dump a different partition, like system, in order to learn which version of the firmware is installed on your box. Report the version here, and maybe some member will have the matching recovery partition that you can flash to your device using the update tool.
I did join yesterday, but I've been using this forum for a while without posting.

I managed to fix the box on my own, turns out all i needed was an SD card and a ROM.

D

Deleted member 11959327

I managed to fix the box on my own, turns out all i needed was an SD card and a ROM.

An alternative ROM, or the original ROM?

If you installed an alternative ROM, you may have "fixed" your box, but you've also blown away your drm keys forever.

If you're happy with the result, that's all that matters.

Although you could have posted that your issue had been resolved. That would have saved me from wasting my time. I always regret replying to posts about the dv8519. This is the last one for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fzloop

Fzloop

Nov 4, 2022

If you installed an alternative ROM, you may have "fixed" your box, but you've also blown away your drm keys forever.

Although you could have posted that your issue had been resolved. That would have saved me from wasting my time. I always regret replying to posts about the dv8519. This is the last one for me.
Unfortunately, alternative. I'm still looking for the original.

My apologies for wasting your time. Have a great day. 🙂

xfenixxx

Feb 22, 2014

Worked fine at first, but after playing with it a bit more the box just wouldn't boot, so be careful.
Thank you very much, I'll still give it a try.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 11959327