• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

<SOLVED> No Knox App?

Search This thread

jmbneaf

Oct 20, 2003
Mtgy-AL, USA
blog.jimsjump.com

msm903

Jul 28, 2007
Is anyone getting force closes when trying to access Knox?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda premium

So I thought it was my Root giving it issues.. but it worked after reflashing toi Mi9 and rooting. However if I use Xposed it breaks Knox and force closes all over the place. I guess it needs Samsung's exact framework to work.

rockinandroid

Apr 22, 2012
Hey GUys..new to this and have a couple quesiton....

1..can you install this on rooted att note 3?
2...Why would i want too?
3..what would it do for me/??

Sorry for newbi questions...read articles about it but still dont get it.....will it enhance security for my device also??thanks for anyones help......

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA
Hey GUys..new to this and have a couple quesiton....

1..can you install this on rooted att note 3?
2...Why would i want too?
3..what would it do for me/??

Sorry for newbi questions...read articles about it but still dont get it.....will it enhance security for my device also??thanks for anyones help......

1. Yes you can but since you are rooted you might have some apps FC
2. If you intend to use to profiles. One secured with a password and the normal profile
3. Privacy!?

rockinandroid

Apr 22, 2012
1. Yes you can but since you are rooted you might have some apps FC
2. If you intend to use to profiles. One secured with a password and the normal profile
3. Privacy!?

Hey first i want to say thanks for answering questions....
1)if i install app and do have apps FC...is there a fix for those apps not to FC???
2)when you say profile...i am assuming you mean two people using device..correct or not?? if so, i am only one planning on using this phone so would i benifit from this app...
3)do you know what kind of security...

Like i said knew to this and thanks alot for all your help....

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA
Hey first i want to say thanks for answering questions....
1)if i install app and do have apps FC...is there a fix for those apps not to FC???
2)when you say profile...i am assuming you mean two people using device..correct or not?? if so, i am only one planning on using this phone so would i benifit from this app...
3)do you know what kind of security...

Like i said knew to this and thanks alot for all your help....

1. I was faced with these FC issues and unfortunately I had to reset to get rid of Knox since i was rooted.
2. The idea behind Knox to use your own personal everyday profile and use KNox. Knox only operates a limited set of secure apps. like email and servers.... You dont have Play store just Knox apps store to choose from. Its like a corporate profile just business and secure from other play store junky apps.
3. for example all emails, pics and messages on Knox profile wont be visible on your normal profile. Get the drift?! :confused:

To me its pointless since there are many apps that provide such privacy

R_Andersen

Jun 8, 2010
Do you think installing and setting up the knox app on a rooted AT&T or Verizon Note 3 would cause the knox flag to be triggered thus voiding the warranty?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA
Do you think installing and setting up the knox app on a rooted AT&T or Verizon Note 3 would cause the knox flag to be triggered thus voiding the warranty?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

There shouldn't be any reason for the Knox flag to be triggered simply because you are not flashing anything. But, as mentioned above, installing Knox on a rooted phone will cause some FCs.

Please proceed at your own risk.

krazman325

Dec 10, 2010
Lots of FCs (rooted/Xpose). Installed before all of the posts above. I do something stupid like this with every new device I get.

Debating between reflashing MI9 or full wipe from Recovery. Opinions?

I just started using TiBu PRO. Backups went well. Anything I should be aware of when restoring? I'm used to using Nandroid Recovery. Stupid bootloader!
kraz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

krazman325

Dec 10, 2010
mine says "Your device is not authorized to enter Samsung KNOX mode"

why is that?

It's the voice of a Higher Being telling you that Knox is poison for your device.

Stay away from it. I have spent over 10 hours trying to correct this Knox install with Xpose installed. Nothing but a FC bootloop for 2 hours. TiBu PRO will not restore either. The Knox that was originally installed keeps blocking the system restore. Finally was able to wipe from recovery and then install TiBu PRO and freeze all 3 Knox apks. That took care of the bootloop problem when trying to restore. However, it seems that the original Knox corrupted the backup as it was backing up and now I am spending countless hours installing my apps from Play one at a time and recreating all of the data again.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT INSTALL THIS KNOX APK UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED IT!!!

Before I get flamed for ignoring the above warnings...I did this install before anyone posted any warnings. Knox is not worth the trouble I am going through right now. Consider yourself warned.
kraz

Reactions: KingDavid63

ukic

Feb 23, 2012
It's the voice of a Higher Being telling you that Knox is poison for your device.

Stay away from it. I have spent over 10 hours trying to correct this Knox install with Xpose installed. Nothing but a FC bootloop for 2 hours. TiBu PRO will not restore either. The Knox that was originally installed keeps blocking the system restore. Finally was able to wipe from recovery and then install TiBu PRO and freeze all 3 Knox apks. That took care of the bootloop problem when trying to restore. However, it seems that the original Knox corrupted the backup as it was backing up and now I am spending countless hours installing my apps from Play one at a time and recreating all of the data again.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT INSTALL THIS KNOX APK UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED IT!!!

Before I get flamed for ignoring the above warnings...I did this install before anyone posted any warnings. Knox is not worth the trouble I am going through right now. Consider yourself warned.
kraz

I frooze 5 Knox Apps, not 3.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just curious, I saw the knox app om all international and Tmobile versions but I cant find it on my att version. BY Knox I mean the secure profile switcher.

Update 1 :
    Koars215 received a correspondence from Samsung:

"after days on days of speaking with att and samsung... corporate finally spilled the beans lol this is coming from samsung mouth the agent told me that att push the device for purchased and did not look over the software in full before putting it on the shelf. They said the reason we can see the knox app in the installation manager is because by default it should be. Also its something that cant be found on its samsung app market place.

END RESULT: Samsung said within the next 1-2 weeks it will push a software update for At&t and t-mobile(i had no clue t-mobile was having the same issue)"

Update 2:
    Get the knoxstub.apk from note 3 international and placed it in system after being rooted and now knox is working perfect. Tnx to cburnett

Update 3:
    Knoxstub is attached. Tested and it works :good: Tnx to cburnett for the file.

Just open the apk and install normally and let it do its thing.
    https://db.tt/sAw6fWZq

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium HD app
    @Jammol your wrong on the the other company's such as sprint there is an/a app on the home screen that allows you to place things inside the container and also Knox have its own store with supported apps. I was on the phone with Samsung advanced tech support and they were scratching their head on why it isn't installed on the device but it is found in the installation manager
    Exactly I can't find it either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
    Same here.. I updated my note 3 to 5.1.1 and the knox app went missing.. can't find it anywhere.. the knoxstub.apk is also not working :/